Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 3,891 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • PrinceJohn

Loving the chilling adventures of Sabrina at the moment.

sadexpunk

Sadexpunk, S3 steps it up a level!

just binge watched it, finished last night.  brilliant.

Coyote
    Free Member

Just started Dirk Gently on Netflix, whole lot of Wtf and Dirk is annoying in the way only a Douglas Adams character could be. I reckon it’ll be a good one.

It is. Both series were excellent. Sadly they’ve canned it now.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Huge fan of the Dirk Gently series’s. Half way through re watching currently.

There is a campain to get the third series made. They are watching the stats on whos watching the first 2 closely fro justification.

Please watch.

isto
    Free Member

I would really recommend Dark. It’s a German series that reminded me slightly of Stranger Things but without the Goonies bit. Really enjoyed it although bit of a head **** keeping up with all the different characters in the different time lines. It’s on Netflix.

senorj

I started on Sabrina last night. As a, ahem, fan of “the teenage witch” , (especially Willow!), I didn’t expect much  – It’s ace. 🙂

footflaps

I would really recommend Dark

Yep, really enjoyed this. Thinking man’s version of Stranger Things.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Plus 1 for Dark but make sure you watch it in German with subtitles as the dubbed into English version is laughably bad.

jimdubleyou

Plus 1 for Dark but make sure you watch it in German with subtitles as the dubbed into English version is laughably bad.

Currently watching 3% on my commute. Similar laughable dubbing (from Spanish I guess).

mahalo

didnt finish the first episode of Sabrina. Dross.

rene59
    Free Member

Watched the Netflix made film Outlaw King tonight. Not bad at all.

beagle
    Free Member

We saw Outlaw King being filmed up in the  Cairngorms last year, came round the corner with my then 3 year old girl on the forward facing bike seat, only to see fifty or so horsemen with all the regalia, a few loose horses and all the noise of hooves and shouting.

Little whimper from the front and then TOTAL amazement. Quality!

chrisdw
    Free Member

especially Willow!

Do you mean Buffy?

senorj

Ha.Yes . Early onset…..

i watched the outlaw king. Very good -for Netflix

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Waiting for the rain to set in so I can binge House of Cards guilt free

footflaps

also half way through Ozark 2. It’s good but the Sisyphean challenge/failure/someone screws up is getting a little draining. And the kids are a right pain in the wotsit.

We just finished Ozark 2, really enjoyed it. A third season has been commissioned, just have to wait now…

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive stalled halfway through while I finish S4 of Gotham and have started Making a Murderer 2

Will get back to Ozark shortly though. Long nights drawing in.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Amazon Prime –

The Americans

Halt and Catch Fire (first season is a bit slow but by about half way through the second it picks up and I thought the last two seasons were outstanding).  Interesting history of the modern tech age.

rone

Finished the Haunting of Hill House … bit disappointing that one. Director has done some good stuff (Hush) – but this was flabby and melodramatic. Some of the monologues were so drawn out. On the plus side they did try something a bit different and some of the scares were great but generally I thought it was not worth 10 episodes.

Episode 6 was a technical tour de force – not quite equalling the Steadicam sequence of True Detective but impressive.

Sinner S2 – has got off to a fantastic start though. A proper ‘why dunnit’ with a decent sense of pace, mystery and character.

Hadge
    Free Member

You’ve been recommended all the good ones but if you want something factual to watch I can wholeheartedly recommend The Vietnam War series. I grew up to young to remember anything about it so it really opened my eyes to the horror and futility of it all.

mikey74
    Free Member

I started on Sabrina last night. As a, ahem, fan of “the teenage witch” , (especially Willow!), I didn’t expect much  – It’s ace. 🙂

I’ve just finished it. I didn’t make it through the first episode the first time around but went back and actually really enjoyed it. Jeez it’s dark: I wasn’t expecting it to be quite so graphic and outlandishly satanic. Even the Church of Satan are suing the show over use of their statue as it’s too literal in it’s representation of Satanism.

Dammit, though: I’m now struggling to find something to watch afterwards. I started with the Punisher but found it pretty dull.

Edit:

Even the Church of Satan are suing the show over use of their statue as it’s too literal in it’s representation of Satanism.

It turns out they aren’t. It’s a political activist group called TST (The Satanic Temple) who have sued the show and have nothing to do with the CoS.

cashback

after watching the Deviate ones about Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine, i now seem to be have been drawn into a deep abysis of history of hiphop and Rap programmes on netflix. quite enjoying them at the moment.

trailwagger
    Free Member

after watching the Deviate ones about Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine, i now seem to be have been drawn into a deep abysis of history of hiphop and Rap programmes on netflix. quite enjoying them at the moment.

Yeah, they are good.  Hip-Hop evolution, and The Get Down were my favs

squirrelking
    Free Member

Do you mean Buffy?

Why would he mean a slayer when he was talking about witches?

It is. Both series were excellent. Sadly they’ve canned it now.

FFS… Yeah better get those stats up!

avdave2

Watched the first episode of Narcos Mexico last night. A good start and has to be watched for the two best haircuts in television history.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So about half way through House of Cards, got the nagging sense of rewrites all over it and there is a big chuck of missing time that doesn’t really make sense (or probably the first 3 episodes which would have included spacey to get to the new start point.

martinhutch

Watched ‘The Ballad of Buster Scraggs’ yesterday, a collection of western-themed short stories from the Coen Brothers.

Absolutely brilliant.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Started watching the Chilling Adventures of Fake Hermione last night.

Shaping up to be quite good except for the constant distraction of how obvious the casting process must have been to find an actress who most closely resembles Emma Watson to play the teenage witch on her way to magic boarding school.

Also, the cat better start talking soon.

chakaping
    Free Member

Watched the first episode of Narcos Mexico last night. A good start and has to be watched for the two best haircuts in television history.

Gonna get on it this eve. Been watching El Chapo but it’s a poor substitute really.

senorj

I watched buster craggs last night .

very brilliant and some genuine laugh out loud moments for me. I am a Cohen bros fanboy though.

A more traditional homage to spaghetti westerns is Valley of Violence I enjoyed it.

my grandad would have loved it.

+1 on the Vietnam series.

sofaking
    Free Member

watched ballad of Buster scruggs and was left disappointed  and wanting. I am a big Coen bros fan usually

chakaping
    Free Member

Ooh is that on Netflix?

OK, changed my plans for this eve now.

Wally

That’s the evening sorted also – great first 30 mins. Laugh out loud at places.

jimster01

One for the French ctimedrama fans La Manta (The Mantis) so many twists Inthe plot, got last episode to do tonight.

Drac

watched ballad of Buster scruggs and was left disappointed  and wanting. I am a big Coen bros fan usually

Just started watching. Certainly seems one the their batshit crazy ones.

martinhutch

Gets better as it goes on.

rene59
    Free Member

watched ballad of Buster scruggs and was left disappointed and wanting. I am a big Coen bros fan usually

Watched it last night, felt the same, something was missing. The one with the dog and the gold miner one were excellent though, overall let down by the other 4 parts.

avdave2

For those who have appreciated, I really don’t think liked is the right word, Ken Burns series on Vietnam the one on the Civil War is also excellent and despite being about events 150 years ago very moving.

StuE
    Free Member

Loved Ballad of Buster Scruggs, just started watching The Good place, 4 episodes in liking it a lot

rmacattack
    Free Member

Watched the ‘ballad of buster scruggs ‘due to ratings and reviews. Meh , worth 2 hours if you’ve nothing else to do, but i can’t understand the high ratings. Going to binge ‘line of duty’ here.

Unabomber, an oldie but new to me wasn’t the worst. Couldn’t get on with sabrina or the sinner at all.

Was going to give outlaw king a whirl, but on hold for now.  Same with ozark, house of cards, oitnb etc. . I don’t want to commit to any shows atm. Patiently waiting on GOT.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 3,891 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.