Viewing 40 posts - 1,521 through 1,560 (of 3,900 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • DezB
    Free Member

If you’ve enjoyed Wayne and have a Twitter account, give a shout to @Simms2673 @PrimeVideo saying we want series 2!
    (Commissioning is still in doubt, though the writer has it ready to go)

DezB
    Free Member

(and @WayneonPrime 🙂 )

chrishc777
    Free Member

Just started Wayne last night from this thread

Thank you, it’s awesome!

fingerbang
    Free Member

For some MTB content I sat through ‘magnetic’ last night

It’s stunning visually and covers big wave surfing, MTB, kite surfing, skiing and wind surfing

I was only arsed about surfing and MTB

The surfing covers Nazare and teachupo (sp) pretty amazing footage from the last ‘big wednesday’ at Nazare. Notable from when a Tahitian surfer almost dies, on film, then runs off to catch another monster wave when he’s got his breath back

The MtB footage is some French trials riders on ebikes hooning around Sameons. Looks great though

mahalo

Mightily fkd off when Prime suddenly removed The Americans from the free to me list, i hate that by the way, its not frigging free is it!! but i was up to series 5 and absolutely loving it. at least Netflix give you warning when they plan to remove stuff… anyway led me to return to Fargo. id given up on season 3 early on. finished that now, great stuff, nice amount of weird, loved the Thaddeus flash back episode!! theres a fourth season already in the universe. hopefully NF will get hold of it soon?

mahalo

Sherpa is great too.

mahalo

Wayne. enjoyed the pilot, didnt last much longer.

basically an American remake of ‘End of the F**king World’ but nowhere near as good.

DezB
    Free Member

basically an American remake of ‘End of the F**king World’

Incorrect. But there’s always one 😆

Fat-boy-fat

I’ll bet he can’t dance as well as Wayne and that’s why he’s slagging it off.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Jesus! Alice in Borderland is pretty **** up and weird.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Wayne was a great recommendation 👍

Just started watching Thunder Force. I can only imagine the creators watched The Boys and thought what a great premise, only let’s remake it without any of the comedy, edge, plot, dialogue, interest engaging characters and originality.

Can’t see me watching it any further.

Recommended however, and mentioned up there 👆 Sherpa is a great watch

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just started watching Thunder Force.

Worst thing I’ve seen for ages,

p7eaven
    Free Member

Sherpa is great too.

Watched it tonight. It triggered me as I haven’t ranted at TV like that for quite a long while. And I’ll never forget the sight of a Sherpa’s broken body being ‘rescued’, swinging from the helicopter’s winch-cable, carried away like litter.

**** hell. ‘The Great Adventure’?

sirromj

We got through the whole lot of Bosch over the past few months, really enjoyed, thanks for the recommendation. Looking forward to series 7 later this year. Liked the fact that multiple things happened in each episode and mostly avoid using the cliff-hanger-at-end-of-episode format.

We both want more of the same, any recommendations there? The OH wants to watch Thin Blue Line, but it hasn’t grabbed me, something about the name, or maybe being a British cop show, puts me off, completely irrational as I know nothing about the show or even watched a single minute of it.

Currently watching Wayne.

EDIT: LOL Thin Blue Line, never did find that funny much. I do of course mean Line of Duty, maybe it’s the subconscious association with crap nineties comedy that’s putting me off 😀

halifaxpete

Afew netflix films ticked off this weekend. Stowaway; Meh, not bad but not good either. Love and Monsters; Liked that TBH, good film.

cb

Are Netflix offerings all the same – I can’t find Wayne listed!

funkmasterp

Wayne is on Prime

jim25

Recent watches and recommendations for me.
    Sherpa
    The octapus teacher

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Sentinelle is OK, short sharp 1 hour 20 of a diversion

fingerbang
    Free Member

I know it’s late to the party but watched ‘uncut gems’ last night. Pretty flawless, id forgotten how enjoyable a taut, well paced thriller can be

petrieboy

We’re in the market for some high quality brain out silly comedy because we’re up to date with Brooklyn 99 and only have just about finished New Girl

Stuff we’ve enjoyed for this year

Brooklyn 99
    New girl
    Friday night dinner
    Cuckoo
    Man down
    Master of none
    Sex education
    Afterlife
    Dead to me
    White gold
    Detectorists
    Dead pixels
    The job lot
    Him and her

fingerbang
    Free Member

I gave up on ‘white lines’ after three episodes. Just annoying cartoon mancs and an annoying central character. Plus couldn’t give a shit who’s killed Axel Collins. I’d have done it myself given the chance

It even has Laurence Fox with a manc accent. Not that bad to be fair. But I’ll forgive Phil Spector being an outright arsehole but not Laurence fox. Something to do with quality of output

sirromj

I found Uncut Gems unwatchable, just nothing about it was enjoyable, hated all the characters, there just wasn’t any way into it, completely unrelatable, so turned it off.

Looking at reviews it’s very Marmite.

myti
    Free Member

Call my agent-not watched a French series before but it’s really enjoyable and funny. The actors are really good and the characters are really varied and interesting. I enjoy listening to the French language also as I’m trying to learn it.

Firefly lane, Behind her eyes, Grand Army (powerful teen drama covering some difficult issues facing young people today), Snow piercer fun but ridiculous.

timmys

We’re in the market for some high quality brain out silly comedy

Have you done Schitt’s Creek?

I wasn’t convinced at first but got sucked in deep very quickly. Episodes are 21 minutes which makes it very easy watching.

DezB
    Free Member

high quality brain out silly comedy

Frank of Ireland on ch4?

I swear this is the one everyone will be talking about in a year’s time. Mark my words 😛
    It’s weird and nuts and I can watch em over and they just get funnier.

DezB
    Free Member

I do of course mean Line of Duty

Line of Duty is funnier than Thin Blue Line, but not as well acted and far less realistic. I found the jokes did get a bit tiring after the first couple of series, so stopped watching.

BoardinBob

I know it’s late to the party but watched ‘uncut gems’ last night. Pretty flawless, id forgotten how enjoyable a taut, well paced thriller can be

I would recommend Good Time. Same directors, same tenseness. Nice low budget indie feel. Think its on Netflix or Prime

DrP

Me and my lad (11) really enjoyed Lupin..
    can’t wait for season 2..

DrP

richmtb

Snowpiercer is worth a look.

So long as you accept that the initial premise is utterly daft, it’s a pretty well made slice of post apocalyptic sci-fi.

chakaping
    Free Member

We’re in the market for some high quality brain out silly comedy because we’re up to date with Brooklyn 99

Try Great News and Unbreakable Kimi Schmidt.

Two of the best comedies on the ‘flix.

Also, the first two or three seasons of Community are very good, then it goes up it’s own arse (a bit like Schitt’s Creek, IMO.

chakaping
    Free Member

Highly recommend Eighth Grade on Netflix.

One of the best films I’ve ever seen.

zilog6128

Passed me by last year but just watched Palm Springs (Prime). I’m a big fan of Andy Samberg & the mrs likes rom-coms so I thought it would be a reasonable compromise… I hadn’t read or heard anything about it so the twist caught me completely by surprise, which was awesome! Love it when that happens, which is pretty rare these days. Really great movie also, can’t recommend it enough.

djflexure

Enjoyed Wayne very much – thanks

Lupin, Americans, Bridgerton, Ozark were also very good but I think everyone has heard of them

chakaping
    Free Member

Yep Palm Springs was funny, clever and very well executed.

johnners
    Free Member

Highly recommend Eighth Grade on Netflix.

One of the best films I’ve ever seen.

I saw it a couple of years ago, it is very good, not sure I can face squirming through a rewatch though!

Not really in the same vein but “Babyteeth” is very good.

andrewreay

We’re in the market for some high quality brain out silly comedy

More than few years old, but Parks & Recreation on Netflix if you haven’t seen it already?

And stands up to re-watching if you have!

nickc

Yep enjoyed Eighth grade, It’s a great little film.

Watched Nomadland on Disney over the weekend. I really enjoyed it. It’s a ‘spare’ film. it forgoes a  full-on stroyline to just go where the main character ends up and both crushing and uplifting at the same time. The “actors” come across as very real life (for obvious reasons) and are pretty seamless with the professionals.

Reminded me a little of leave No Trace, which is also very watchable

chakaping
    Free Member

not sure I can face squirming through a rewatch though

I know what you mean, captured that young teenage awkwardness so well though.

Very funny in places too as well.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yeah Nomadland reminded me of Leave No Trace as well, though I preferred that film overall.

Also reminded me of The Straight Story.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,521 through 1,560 (of 3,900 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.