Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 3,912 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • mahalo

yeah also been meaning to rewatch Atlanta. that is pretty much my favourite show over the past few years.

DezB
    Free Member

My name is Dave, iPlayer. Helps if you know a tiny bit about rap but I really liked it and am confident millions of insider jokes will have flown past me.

Absolutely loved that series, actually just called “Dave”.

garlando

Sorry if it’s been done but I really enjoyed castlevania. It’s loosely based on the computer game from the 90’s about vampires. A mate put me on to it, I wouldn’t have described it as my kind of thing but I got really into it. More series coming next year apparently.

chakaping
    Free Member

Parks and Recreation? Give it a couple of episodes.

Completed it mate. Agree it only finds its feet in S2.

Community as well.

Just packed it in mid-way through S4 as it’s sort-of jumped the shark / gone up its own arse. Was v good before that though. I do have a bit of a thing for Alison Brie after that and Glow.

misteralz
    Free Member

If you like Alison Brie then try Bojack Horseman. She’s fantastic in it.

retrorick

really enjoyed castlevania

So did I. I had to adjust to the animation, voices and story but it was well worth it.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Just rediscovered Cobra Kai. Watched the first series on paid for you tube a couple years back. Great switch mind off 80s throwback entertainment however one thing is totally bugging me. They all, constantly, drive pissed up! Is that seen OK in Merica? Ladt episode i saw Johnny staggered out a car and no one batted an eyelid…

funkmasterp

I dare you to play a Cobra Kai drinking game. Every time somebody says Karate drink a shot. Guarantee you’ll be passed out within four minutes of any episode starting. I love it, it’s cheesy and it knows it.

razorrazoo

one thing is totally bugging me. They all, constantly, drive pissed up! Is that seen OK in Merica? Ladt episode i saw Johnny staggered out a car and no one batted an eyelid

But they also take kids from class punchbag to black belt in a matter of weeks.  It’s an alternative reality.

monkfish
    Free Member

As above Parks and Recreation from series 2 is very consistent.

razorrazoo

We’ve recently done the Queens Gambit which was fantastic, and before that rattled through Schitts Creek which was a good easy watch.  We’ve just watched Bridgerton in a week, my wife’s choice, but it’s silly and watchable, was also shocked to see the wedding scenes take place in the church where we were married!

I’m now off to Prime for the final series of Vikings.

nuke

Finally watched Death To 2020 last night and enjoyed it…if you like Charlie Brookers news wipe, id say it’s one to watch

Running low on new series to start but Cobra Kai & Bridgeton are next

DrJ

Three Scandi series that are watchable – Bordertown, Finnish police; Borderliner, Norwegian; and Quicksand, Swedish drama. Quicksand was actually quite good – bit daft in parts, but entertaining.

DezB
    Free Member

Anyone actually made it to the end of Mank?

My Netflix goes up by £2 in Feb, I cant see much to keep me using it. I liked The Queen’s Gambit, but can’t say I would’ve been that bothered to miss it.

Klunk
    Free Member

wandavision starts today.

zilog6128

just taken out the free Starz trial (it’s a sub-channel of Amazon, so you need a Prime subscription first). There’s actually loads of content on there, old movies & TV shows, although I got it to watch The Stand & Godfather of Harlem (only a few episodes in but both are decent). Might keep it up for a month to binge watch all the good stuff, unlikely to carry on paying for yet another streaming channel long-term tho! Why are there so many now lol 🤣

franksinatra

Not Netflix, but Prime. Absolutely loving The Americans. 1980’s, spies, violence, Russians, suspense, old school dodgy spy tech, more violence, attractive main character. Its all good. Halfway through first series, cracking stuff.

DezB
    Free Member

wandavision starts today.

on Disney. Watched the first one. If that’s the one joke they have to last the whole series, it’s gonna be a struggle.

Klunk
    Free Member

sorry I thought it was on netflix for some reason

one_bad_mofo

I’ve just discovered Midnight Diner on Netflix. It’s Japanese with subtitles and although it is very gentle and easy-going it’s also strangely watchable.

LeeW

Anyone watching Fauda on Netflix Isreali/Palestinian goodies v baddies type thing, bit basic and clunky, but ok. Biggest issue is that it’s very one sided.

thols2

Absolutely loving The Americans.

Up there with The Sopranos and The Wire as contender for best TV show ever. You know that eventually they have to be discovered (like Breaking Bad), but it’s all about the path they take getting there. Not to give any spoilers away, but the pressure gets to them and their psychological struggles are the core of the story. Fantastic cast, including Julia Garner.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Anyone watching Fauda on Netflix Isreali/Palestinian goodies v baddies type thing, bit basic and clunky, but ok. Biggest issue is that it’s very one sided.

Basically an Israeli death squad, however there is some attempt to have 3 dimensional Palestinian characters.

thols2

Fauda started well with the cycle of violence thing, but went downhill pretty fast.

martinhutch

Netflix Isreali/Palestinian goodies v baddies type thing

Too scared to ask which is which.

somafunk
    beamers

Not Netflix, but Prime. Absolutely loving The Americans. 1980’s, spies, violence, Russians, suspense, old school dodgy spy tech, more violence, attractive main character. Its all good. Halfway through first series, cracking stuff.

+1 for The Americans. Brilliant series and quite a lot of accuracy as Jo Weisberg (creator) worked in the CIA for 4 years in the 90’s

LeeW

Too scared to ask which is which.

I think the producers make it pretty obvious who they think it is. 🙁

dickydownes
    Free Member

Watched ‘Alice In Borderland’ and then ‘Sweet Home’. Both very ‘dark’, but really enjoyed them weirdly.

stanfree
    Free Member

Im watching it on Sky but believe it has been on both Netflix and Amazon but ‘Get Shorty’ the series not the film is really really good. Chris O’Dowd and Ray Romano the only two big stars . A kind of hybrid of Entourage and ray Donovan.
    For Actual Netflix and Amazon I Have watched and enjoyed 2020 , Hunters , Life after death , Cobra Kai , Trackers, Of Mics and Men and many others.

retrorick

Midnight Diner

Has been on my list to watch for a good while. Watched the first episode tonight and found it entertaining.

Watched the first episode of Sweet Home, enjoyed that also.

Watched the film, Your Name, also very good.

CheesybeanZ

The Gentlemen, very very good . I even thought Hugh Grant was good .

StuE
    Free Member

Really enjoyed The Dig

Merak

Penguin Bloom was ace.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Really enjoyed The Dig

This in spades (see what I did there?!)

zilog6128

The Gentlemen, very very good . I even thought Hugh Grant was good .

yep, hopefully a proper return to form for GR

trailwagger
    Free Member

+1 for “The Dig” also watched “Cheat” at the weekend, that was pretty good

fasthaggis

Call My Agent is an easy watch (Quirky French folk)

rone

Devil all the Time is a grim descent into American backwoods. Recommended but not an easy watch.

Others not on Netflix worth searching out – The Leftovers (Lost cum existential mystery) and Yellowstone – Taylor Sheridan penned Neo-Western with kev Costner. Thoroughly entertaining melodramatics on a super ranch in Montana.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Call My Agent is an easy watch

Yep, Just finishing S3. It helps they’ve had Monica Bellucci in twice. (Can’t find a besotted emoji)

Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 3,912 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.