Viewing 40 posts - 1,041 through 1,080 (of 3,891 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • Lester
    Free Member

I must be the only one who couldn’t stand Tom Pelphrey character in Ozark 3, I hated the scenes he was in

funkmasterp

Last Kingdom has turned up, may need to overdose on some Saxon Viking nosh.

Looking forward to binge watching it this week.

BoardinBob

Afterlife S2 was fantastic. Blitzed them all last night. Hilarious & emotional. The script is perfect and the casting and acting are spot on. Such a great show.

breadcrumb

Struggling to fill the Ozark void at the moment.

Tried Tiger King, lost interest during the first episode.

I’m enjoying the no brain nonsense of Altered Carbon, not many left to watch on that either.

hols2
    Free Member

And without spoilers, do we feel Kim’s behaviour has been consistent with her character as previously established?

No, her story arc didn’t make sense to me. Nacho and Lalo were excellent though, I could handle a spinoff series of those two.

llama

1 ep to go on the Movistar doc

Good if you like fat men in a team car shouting something about big testicles

perchypanther
    Free Member

And without spoilers, do we feel Kim’s behaviour has been consistent with her character as previously established?

Yep, I think that she’s always been a mirror image of Jimmy. That’s why they’re together. She just keeps her reckless impulses buttoned up much tighter* to fit in.

*In her ponytail.

I think the whole show is really about her.

We know what the final outcome of pretty much all the other main characters will be but the ultimate destination of the series will be Kim’s eventual fate when she finally lets loose.

hols2
    Free Member

I have a feeling that Kim may be being set up to lurk behind the scenes in Breaking Bad – setting up the offshore accounts and handling the money laundering for Saul.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I have a feeling that Kim may be being set up to lurk behind the scenes in Breaking Bad – setting up the offshore accounts and handling the money laundering for Saul.

Probably. I don’t think so though

I think her story arc is a mirror of Walter White in BB.

She gets slowly corrupted by circumstance but ultimately finds out that she likes it and was always like that inside. It’ll destroy her in the end.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

@martinhutch agree on all, Ruth Langmore is excellent too.

chakaping
    Free Member

We know what the final outcome of pretty much all the other main characters will be but the ultimate destination of the series will be Kim’s eventual fate when she finally lets loose.

Agreed, I said to my wife that Kim is the main point of interest since we don’t know how her story ends.

Ditto for Lalo. And he’s quite the scamp, eh?

oikeith

The better call saul finale was better than I thought, I’ve really enjoyed this series and cant wait for the next one!

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Just finished
    Love, Death + Robots
    Castlevania

Both animated series. Really enjoyed them

StuF

The penultimate episode of Better call saul was superb, the tension when Lalo pays Saul a visit, edge of the seat stuff.

Also can’t wait for the next series

johnx2
    Free Member

Yeah, this last season of BCS has seen way more action than previous and is right into Breaking Bad territory. Whist being character driven as previously. Really really good.

BillOddie

If you have eve a passing interest in Basketball or just sport at all to be honest then The Last Dance is tremendous!

DezB
    Free Member

Have we done the Netflix genre list? Just stumbled across it.
    https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/ with one of these numbers at the end
    http://ogres-crypt.com/public/NetFlix-Streaming-Genres2.html

Not many of us use a browser to access Netflix, I wouldn’t think, but it’s a way of finding things, seeing as the Homepage list is so dire.
    Eg. I didn’t know Blue Velvet was on Netflix. 🙂

BoardinBob

If you have eve a passing interest in Basketball or just sport at all to be honest then The Last Dance is tremendous

It’s absolutely fantastic

trailwagger
    Free Member

Have we done the Netflix genre list? Just stumbled across it.

very useful, thanks

Houns

If any of you are waiting for the final episode of homeland (and haven’t watched it from the states online yet like I have) then leave it where you are and let your imagination come up with an ending….. as that’ll be better than the final episode

hols2
    Free Member

I’m amazed anybody stuck with Homeland beyond Season 2. Season 1 was pretty good, but Jesus Christ did it go downhill from there. Just ridiculously silly.

chakaping
    Free Member

is right into Breaking Bad territory

I suppose that’s my one gripe with it, the mood and pace had started to feel too much like the dull bits of BB.

I still much prefer the main characters in BCS though, the creators played a blinder picking out Saul and Mike from BB.

plus-one

Watched 2 Episodes of gangs of London. Excellent viewing and very violent.

Yes bit overdone in places but great tv

butcher

Started to watch Money Heist. It’s a great idea, and I expect is brilliantly acted….

… But the dubbing is awful. Really awful and starting to detract from the programme.

I watched about 20 minutes, wondering why the sound was out of sync (and why the acting was so bad!) Restarted Netflix, restarted my Firestick…

Honestly had no idea it was dubbed.

And then it clicked. Switched to Spanish audio, put subtitles on, and the entire experience improved dramatically. Was ready to give up on it before that.

Merak

Just watched Extraction.

The body count is 😂 it’s akin to an arcade game!

chakaping
    Free Member

Started The Last Dance yesterday eve, it is just as good as expected/claimed above.

On the sports tip, Gascoigne is worth a watch. Way better than expected actually and it might get a bit dusty.

the-muffin-man

I still much prefer the main characters in BCS though, the creators played a blinder picking out Saul and Mike from BB.

They’re going to have to CGI Saul and Mike at this rate – Mike especially looked very old in season 5! 🙂

erictwinge
    Free Member

not NF but been watching that new Code 404 on sky (Now TV)

bloody hilarious!! stephen graham is a bit mis-cast, he’s better at more serious gigs but the other fella cracks me up!!

BigJohn

Last night we tried to find Bait (2019 film about Cornish fishermen) on Netflix. Not there, so we took a free 30 day trial for Amazon Prime and searched for it. We ended up watching Fisherman’s Friends instead which started off more corny than Cornwall but we we thought it was wonderful.
    Try it if you have a couple of hours free.

hols2
    Free Member

I tried Gangs of London, but the cliche count was too high. I didn’t even make it halfway through ep 1 so I could be wrong about the direction it’s headed, but it seemed to have every signpost pointing to tragic villain. Might have been original in 1970, but bit tired these days.

nickc

Just watched Extraction

yeah, me too. want to watch a film where the action scene in the middle of a film IS the actual film? Then, my friend, you are in luck…

hols2
    Free Member

I haven’t seen Extraction, but it sounds like they stole a movie plot I’ve been working on for years. It’s called Bloodbath, and it’s just people beating each other up, without all the plotting and scheming that ruin most action movies. I actually came up with the idea on a plane when I wondered about how hard it would be to make a movie that could be trimmed or extended to any length so that it could be played on any flight. I realized that the easiest thing to do would be to just have lots of action scenes that could be inserted or deleted as need be, then the lightbulb moment hit me: Why not just have the action scenes, without all the boring stuff. Would save on subtitles for international markets too. Problem is, I’ve gotten drunk in bars all over the world and probably blabbed the idea out, so I guess someone stole it and sold it to Hollywood.

chakaping
    Free Member

They’re going to have to CGI Saul and Mike at this rate – Mike especially looked very old in season 5!

Saul’s syrup is rather distracting eh?

erictwinge
    Free Member

We ended up watching Fisherman’s Friends instead which started off more corny than Cornwall but we we thought it was wonderful.

yeah we have watched this a few times too! had the soundtrack on in the car a fair bit too!! kids love it!

that Bait is shite tho. no time for all that nonsense.

I tried Gangs of London, but the cliche count was too high

it is cliche ridden, but thats not necessarily a bad thing, its a show about gangsters! there is plenty wrong with it but its generally decent. my biggest gripe is the two dons (Ed and Finn) of this billion pound uber violent empire are the less menacing than Burt and Ernie! but one episode (#5) is a standout one of the best hours of TV ive seen.

rone

Thoroughly enjoyed Extraction.

The chase sequence is an incredible piece cinematography / choreography / invisible edits.

Clearly a vehicle for Thor – who is very watchable.

The Russo have their fingers all over this and it shows.

My only criticism would be they didn’t really build on the amazing chase half way through for the climax but did at least go for humanity.

Sot of like Commando but with Thor.

sirromj

After complaining BCS is too slow paced, managed to watch 4 episodes of s5 so far. Enjoyed the bowling scene.

DezB
    Free Member

Just watched “I Don’t Feel At Home In This World Anymore”.. I reckon, if you liked God Bless America, you’d like this.
    I did.

vondally
    Free Member

Extraction is a film directed by a great stunt director and the action scenes are great BUT the story ( idea of setting it in India/ Bangladesh) was great but fell in stereotypes and simplistic themes.
    Hemsworth is afarfar better actor and needed better material, using the cast would have helped and how much muscle has Thor losted?

binners

I’ve not heard of that one Dezzy Baby, but God Bless America is one of my favourite films so I’ll definitely give that a go

DezB
    Free Member

Definitely check it Bin Bins! Like God Bless America, don’t go expecting a documentary! Same level of nuttiness though 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1,041 through 1,080 (of 3,891 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.