Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 3,908 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • lambchop
    Free Member

Trailer Perk Boys animated. Penis milkers!

funkmasterp

Started watching Kingdom after it was recommended on here (I think). Pretty good so far although I keep wishing the prince and his bodyguard would take their hats off. Restricted vision, something extra to grab and a sweaty head are not good in a zombie infestation.

Just finished watching F is for a family which is worth a go and pretty funny at times. I especially like the mad, drug addicted neighbour and the dads catchphrase of “I’ll put you through the **** wall”

TheBrick
    Free Member

Watched Polar ladty week. Good if you like assassin films.

DezB
    Free Member

No it’s not.

Drac

Yes it is. 😬

Wally

Kingdom is gripping and not short of extras. More realistic than most zombie films.

Drac

More realistic than most zombie films.

🤔

Kuco

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but give the Mist a wide berth. While I liked the film the series is very disappointing.

chakaping
    Free Member

2nd series of After Life has officially been confirmed. Be interesting to see where he takes it as it was wrapped up quite well.

Agreed. Just finished it this week, great series but felt very complete as it was.

Did enjoy it, not just for the bold topic but the look and feel of it was very original too – like a stage play at times and edited very snappily so it never lagged.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

A Very Secret Service

Very French very chic very funny

longdog
    Free Member

Really enjoying The OA. Watched the first series last week and a few episodes in to part 2 now. I think the characters are great and some nice cliff hangers. I am struggling a bit to keep the various threads in my head just now, but then that’s not unusual for me!

crazy-legs

Made the mistake of watching Alien Warfare last night, another film-for-Netflix special.

Kept wanting to turn it off but also wanted to see how badly it could actually turn out. “very” was the answer to that. Cliched, tired, sterotyped – gets “inspiration” from several monster / alien films (mostly the bad ones) but has no idea what to do with any of it.

DezB
    Free Member

Russian Doll is pretty good. I’m sure page 5 or 6 has that covered though

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Really enjoying The OA

S02E04 is one of the most bonkers bit of TV I’ve ever seen, love it.

loum
    Free Member

The walrus lemmings on our planet were pretty upsetting viewing

Drac

Made the mistake of watching Alien Warfare last night, another film-for-Netflix special.

Kept wanting to turn it off but also wanted to see how badly it could actually turn out. “very” was the answer to that. Cliched, tired, sterotyped – gets “inspiration” from several monster / alien films (mostly the bad ones) but has no idea what to do with any of it.

Sounds like I dodged a bullet there.

kayak23

Just finished the Punisher.

I don’t know what to do with my life now…

mahalo

not netflix but started watching Animal Kingdom on Prime.

huge fan of the film! an all time favourite, so was keen to check this out – no idea how i only just heard about it!?

Im only a couple of eps in as yet but seems decent enough, i find so many american remakes impossible to watch but im invested in this for now. great turn from the young lad from Peaky Blinders who plays Josh, but some of the other brothers acting can be bit dodgy – im guessing one of them is british too, going off his weird american accent…

sadexpunk

it may be a bit boring to some but just started watching ‘the durrells’ from scratch. love our greek islands, so its an easy watch and never seen them before. thatll be our viewing for the next few weeks til we’ve caught up…..

chakaping
    Free Member

Any recommendations for decent indie-ish films that aren’t all bleak and miserable?

Loved Wilderpeople but obviously not a lot will match that.

Or even underappreciated mainstream movies.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

If you like Wilderpeople then What We Do In The Shadows is the obvious call.

DezB
    Free Member

If you like Wilderpeople then What We Do In The Shadows is the obvious call

It’s good, but it ain’t Wilderpeople

This got a good review in Empire mag, haven’t got round to it yet-
    https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80200047

funkmasterp

Have you seen What We Do In The Shadows? Same director as Wildepeople.

razorrazoo

Recently finished Sex Education, which I thought would be rubbish, but was actually really good.

Also watched The Dirt, was entertaining enough for a couple of hours. I’ve read the book a few years ago so already knew the story /incidents.

rone

Any recommendations for decent indie-ish films that aren’t all bleak and miserable?

I would say the Land of Steady habits – but it’s a bit bleak and miserable but funny too.

martinhutch

Just finished season 2 of Star Trek: Discovery. Daft as a brush in places, but really enjoyable, and the finale was fantastic. Probably anathema to proper Trekkies, but who cares about them?

monkeyboyjc

PSA The Wandering Earth comes to Netflix on 30th April. Chinese film based on the epic sifi book. The film has taken $700million at the box office World wide and looks great…..

Trailer

senorj

I also loved the punisher!
    Little J is loving Little Lunch at the moment & I have to confess it has made me laugh too.
    ( he’s 6.75 y/o!)
    And after life is fantastic.

myti
    Free Member

Watched episode one of The umbrella academy last night as was really enjoying it which surprised me alot as I really don’t like marvel stuff or super hero genre although I do love Sci fi.

fossy

The Wandering Earth looks watchable – dubbed for us lot, which is fine by me. Big budget, bit OTT, but isn’t every sci fi – done about 30 minutes of it, then the missus comes home…

fossy

Umbrella Academy is good – part way through myself.

fossy

Santa Clarita Diet – funny Zombie series – light entertainment..

shinton
    Free Member

The Siege of Jadotville – true story about a UN peacekeeping force made up of Irish Army soldiers sent to the Congo in 1961. Great war film.

Wally

Deadmou5 and Polar. Combo win.

chakaping
    Free Member

Just finished season 2 of The OA.

Brilliant stuff, very brave and the only thing that comes vaguely close to Twin Peaks in terms of being out there but really well executed.

monkeyboyjc

Brawl in cell block 99

Starts slow, turns v bloody
    Is vince vaune really 6ft5?

FuzzyWuzzy

Saw Brawl when it was on Sky, some surprisingly gruesome scenes and def worth a watch (the start is a bit boring).

I only managed about 45 mins of Wandering Earth and got bored, will give it another go soon I guess.

Also how have I not heard of Trailer Park Boys before? The preview clip was pretty funny and seeing it had been running for 12 seasons I thought I’d give it a shot. Halfway through season 2 at the moment and it’s still making me laugh.

woody2000

Halfway through Dead To Me at the moment and enjoying that.

S2 of the OA was utterly bonkers – I’ll echo the above comment about parallels to Twin Peaks. I have to say I only just got through it, and to be honest, not sure I really understood it!

Counting down to S3 of Stranger Things 🙂

swdan
    Free Member

Have been enjoying Ozark recently bit am also fairly new to Netflix so will be reading back over this thread to see what I’ve missed.

chakaping
    Free Member

to be honest, not sure I really understood it!

Like Twin Peaks, I think you have to relax and go with it a bit. Just take it all in and wait for the threads to come together.

The last episode was proper WTF stuff though, eh?

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 3,908 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.