Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Netflix over HDMI to TV sound problem
  • wicki
    Free Member

Hi ,

When streaming Netflix from laptop to the TV the sound is poor it is like they are all mumbling and if i turn it up the background noise seems to loud, could there be a setting change on the laptop that’s needed ..I have tried all the different sound settings on the tv but it makes no difference.

I dont have this problem with normal TV just the streaming over HDMI
    Currently watching the Mindhunter show and sound is really quite bad.

fossy

Have you tried say iplayer streamed from the laptop.

If the laptop can play the video without distortion, then you’ve got a poor connection/knackered cable.

I’d try a new cable.

enfht
    Free Member

I had a similar issue with Amazon firestick, TV worked fine but film audio was rubbish or worse. Turned out the DAC that I use to output sound through my analogue hifi couldn’t cope with whatever enhanced Dolby standard the films are streamed in – so check your audio settings and try disabling Dolby.

wicki
    Free Member

Iplayer is not available

Disabling DAC, can not find a setting to do that and a google search suggest its not that simple

Run the command in Exchange Shell to switch the DAC mode off

It maybe to do with the TV speakers which are underneath and point straight down and apparently some LG tv’s have poor speakers.

enfht
    Free Member

An exchange DAC relates to Microsoft email servers, not a ‘digital to analogue converter’, or Netflix 😆

Check the audio settings on whatever device you play Netflix from and see whether that is set to use Dolby etc.

Edit: check your laptop audio settings.

wicki
    Free Member

of course it does duhhhh 😳

kjcc25
    Free Member

I have had a similar issue trying to get Netflix 5.1 to work through my home cinema system. Everything worked if in stereo but try to use 5.1 and all I got was a mumbling noise. There are hundreds of posts on forums of people having similar problems and a few people who post ways they solved the problem. However there does not seem to be one solution. I actually solved my problem a couple of nights ago by changing a setting in my Sony television’s advanced sound settings. I think the way to solve your problem will be patience and just trying different settings on both the television and laptop. Good luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Netflix over HDMI to TV sound problem’ is closed to new replies.