Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Nest installation, with an existing 240v thermostat
  • iain1775
    Free Member

Pretty sure this will be an easy one for the STW collective, I’m looking to get Nest however our existing thermostat, some very old dial thing (Lifestyle LP522 heating & hot water controls and themostat), has a 240v supply and according to the Nest website isn’t compatible
    Is there a way round this? Do I need to get the separate stand and power it with a plug?
    If so does the existing equipment just get disconnected and left, and how much is a typical installation of this type if I’m not comfortable doing it myself?

Our boiler is a Gloworm Ultimate which is likely to get replaced with a combi in the next couple of years and it’s currently a gravity fed hot water system

jam-bo

If you want a 240v switching compatible thermostat, my netatmo is.

iain1775
    Free Member

I looked at Netamo but didn’t think it controlled the water which Nest v3 does it is cheaper though so could be an option if I can’t fit the Nest

ffej
    Free Member

The Nest has two parts.. the wired unit which will switch your 240v feed. This in turn can supply 12v to run the control side of the nest, or you can use it with the supplied USB power supply.

The instructions are downloadable from the nest website, worth a look at them before you buy.

J

spennyy
    Free Member

I have a nest and I can’t fault it, took my.bills from £40 odd per month down to around £25! Soon paying for itself

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Nest installation, with an existing 240v thermostat’ is closed to new replies.