• This topic has 41 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Nespresso, cheapest place to buy capsules?
  • matthewmountain
    Free Member

Having purchased a new nespresso machine, and gone through the first order of coffee rather quickly, are there any cheaper places to buy the capsules from??

i have tried amazon but they are the same price or sometimes even more expensive and concerned their maybe fakes out there!!!

Thanks

stumpy01

I got a flier for these the other day that reckoned they were cheaper. I don’t have a nespresso machine, so haven’t compared myself, but might be worth a look:

http://www.bigcuplittlecup.com/

deadkenny
    Free Member

The expense of the capsules is part of the Nespresso experience 😉

t_i_m
    Free Member

Actual Nespresso capsules: no they’re fixed price via Nespresso.

Other brands in compatible capsules, yes.
    Quality is varying, so buy some and see how you get on.
    Big Cup Little Cup are supposed to be good.
    CafePod were bad but are now supposedly better.

Or you can buy a shed load of empty capsules and fill with coffee of your choice. (Too much faff for me)

fingerbang
    Free Member

I use ‘fine coffee club’ for my capsules. just google it. The website is easy to use, they don’t charge £5 P&P and most importantly the coffee is really good in my opinion and slightly cheaper than nespresso which works out miles cheaper if you’re doing a bulk buy.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I just use the proper Nespresso capsules from their website, and select the pods I like rather than get the big box of randoms.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Best non nespresso pods i’ve used so far are from Lidl.

Gary_M
    Free Member

The fine coffee club and Big Cup Little Cup ones both look like plastic capsules as opposed to the nespresso aluminum ones. I’ve tried the plastic ones from waitrose and I’m not a fan, they just don’t fit the machine very well and the coffee was nowhere near as nice as genuine nespresso.

The Big Cup Little Cup pods aren’t that much cheaper either, 26p compared to 29p. For a £3 saving per 100 capsules I’ll stick with nespresso.

jp-t853

I haven’t tried Big Cup Little Cup but all the other alternatives are poor in comparison to the genuine Nespresso ones.

As mentioned the plastic ones do not fit well, one actually broke the little arm that throws the used capsule in to the waste box.

Most copies have far less coffee in them. The real Nespresso ones are really stuffed with coffee as the base bulges out.

Buy 200 at a time to get the free delivery and the cost is fine.

honourablegeorge

I used Nespresso for YEARS, but haven’t bought a casule form them since Lidl started doing their ones – half the price, and hard to tell the difference.

zilog6128

Never bothered with any of the compatible capsules as there is only ever a slight saving (if any) vs. Nespresso. I always buy in bulk via the Nespresso website and get them delivered to my work so very convenient.

Will have to grab some Lidl ones though next time I’m near a store and try them; just Googled though and the reviews are mixed at best!

pdw
    Free Member

Do any of the clones have properly sealed pods, rather than being individually wrapper?

The Dualit pods that I tried a while ago were horrible.

Gary_M
    Free Member

The waitrose ones were foiled wrap in a bag and had a seal over the pod. Which I found a to be a bit of a pain.

jambalaya
    Free Member

No and the other caps aren’t of the same quality.

Did you get a gift card ? If you join the nesperesso club you usually get some offers. At 30p a cup its much cheaper than bought coffee but it does come as a sticker shock when you are spending £50 a clip on caps (to get free delivery). Having “rubbished” the machines for years in favour of a stove top Bialetti pot I am now a total convert / addict

cookeaa

Surely You can’t cut Corners when it comes to aspriational home coffee machines promoted by everyone’s favourite silver fox?

kcal

Quite often use the standard Nespresso ones; free online delivery (over certain quantity) and they take the old capsules back which is nice touch. Not /too/ expensive and I like them.

Tried Tesco ones – not much cheaper and awful TBH. Now use them for when cooking calls for coffee… Tried the Lidl ones, they were equivalent of 17p each I think and rather good.

annebr
    Free Member

Reassuringly Expensive 🙂

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Aaaaargh! I don’t understand! Why not drink a cup of real coffee rather than a ‘pod’of coffeee flavour?

mrchrispy

Always do then original pods and use the cheaper standard pods, the uber trends pods tend to cost more.
    Not tried the lidl one but will give them ago.

Why not just have Nescafé???
    the pods are bloody easy and you get a consistently great cup

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Nescafe is not real coffee! Jesus, you bang on about which bottom bracket makes you go faster etc then think freeze dried liquid is the same as ground coffee beans brewed up in different ways.

Man I hate how susceptible people are to advertising.

mrchrispy

Rubbish…..next you’ll be telling mellow birds isn’t real coffee you deluded fool.

scotia
    Free Member

rollindoughnut – Member
    Nescafe is not real coffee! Jesus, you bang on about which bottom bracket makes you go faster etc then think freeze dried liquid is the same as ground coffee beans brewed up in different ways.

Man I hate how susceptible people are to advertising.

sorry but are you confusing nescafe Dolce Gusto with Nespresso?

The Nespresso brewing units function with real coffee grounds..

dont know where you got your info from rollingD, but its false..

deadkenny
    Free Member

A pack of shit filter or espresso coffee from the supermarket is made with real coffee grounds. Doesn’t make it nice coffee.

For the price of a Nespresso machine and the pods, while it may produce a much better coffee than instant, you could get yourself a Gaggia or similar and do it right (so long as you get decent fresh roast coffee, like hasbeans, not stale supermarket stuff).

hammyuk
    Free Member

Gaggia and real ground – about 2p a cup /

cookeaa

I thought Nesspresso were on the leftytrackworld shit list anyway not sure if all their pod coffee is fair trade now, but don’t most of the discarded pods end up in landfill? And of course you’ve wasted £80 – £150 on another kitchen toy you mugs…

The whole £per cup cobblers is just weak justification for people too lazy/thick to operate a Cafetiere, Stovetop espresso maker or even a filter coffee machine, and/or simply like an aspirational kitchen gadget…

Then again it’s your money, buy what you like, don’t worry about us “Haterz”.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Aaaaargh! I don’t understand! Why not drink a cup of real coffee rather than a ‘pod’of coffeee flavour?

Takes literally two seconds to make a nice espresso in the morning, its consistently good, there’s lots of flavours, etc.

Yeh I could get up earlier, and faff with a grinder, but I’m up at 6 as it is and have things to do before I leave at 7.

I’m not bothered about the cost.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Its all about tassimo and the cafe crema intenso, now thats a good bean. In fact most of tassimos coffee is very good, cheap at around 15p-25p a brew when buying in bulk. Tear open a tdisc and its qaulity rich ground coffee beans.

zippykona

I would say that the black pods are the nicest coffee I’ve ever had.
    I like tea best though.

TiRed

My Nespresso machine sits on my desk at work in an open-plan office. It’s unobtrusive, clean, quiet, gives reproducible good results and is less than a third of the cost of work coffee. Dharkan FTW.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nespresso shops will take the old caps back for recycling, they’ll even give you a special bag to collect the discarded caps

kcal

Lidl ones a re quite nice (blue capsules). tesco ones are foul (and not that cheap either).

mrchrispy

holy thread resurrection batman!

Lidl okay but plastic pods you the endup in the bin and they are individually wrapped which is a bit of a cock on. basic nespresso are spot on and at least georges pods get recycled.

andytherocketeer

holy thread resurrection batman!

pretty sure there was an australian trader, whose post appears to have been nuked.

whole point of nespresso is you buy in to the lock in

zippykona

We found the lidl horrible.

konabunny
    Free Member

I get them at the supermarket, and buy organic fair trade instead of funnelling more money to Baby Milk Bastards Nestle (the machine was a gift and – I have to admit – works pretty well).

markshires
    Free Member

+1 for the Lidl ones here too.

I noticed the other week that Aldi had also started to do some, for the same price as Lidl although, I’m not finding them as good as the Lidl ones.

iolo
    Free Member

I use a stove top espresso maker and use really high quality coffee.
    I also regularly go to a nespresso shop (usually in Am Graben, Vienna) and blag a free taster coffee.
    There’s not much in it but I honestly could not see how I could justify the cost for being a little bit lazy

MrSmith
    Free Member

the only reason to buy a nespresso machine is pure convenience.
    consistently delivering average quality stale coffee time after time with no mess and just one button to press so any idiot can work out how to do it.
    whoever invented the Cloony-cyst beverage delivery system must be a wealthy man.

Fantombiker

we got some from costco…not bad

Xylene
    Free Member

What a bunch of fancy pants with your pod coffees. I just get the maid to make mine, if she doesn’t do it right, I send it back to be made again, easy.

I bet your fancy pants pod coffee machines doesn’t clean the house, do the ironing, and cook the dinner as well.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Nespresso, cheapest place to buy capsules?’ is closed to new replies.