Nepresso, am I missing something?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Nepresso, am I missing something?
  • Premier Icon garage-dweller
    Subscriber

Nice cup of mellow birds with some coffee mate anyone?

Nice cup of mellow birds with some coffee mate anyone?

Do you make it with a lemon twist?

Boba Fatt

Wow,who knew that the G word would cause such controversy? 😀

If I knew the effect that machine was going to have on my grammar then I wouldn’t have accepted it.

Argos have a filter coffee machine for a tenner, that’s as un-audi/woodburner as I can get without shop lifting it

Boba Fatt

And,what is FCOL?

Premier Icon cinnamon_girl
    Subscriber

And,what is FCOL?

For cryin’ out loud.

It’s Lahndun terminology.

😳

Premier Icon garage-dweller
    Subscriber

For Crying Out Loud

Fancy Coffee is Our Love

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

@saccades 🙂

wondered if anyone would spot it.

Best to preboil the water first

Or BOIL the water first. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

Best to preboil the water first

Or BOIL the water first. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

I was wondering! At what point would water be ‘preboiled’? cold straight from the tap? Left of the side to reach room temperature?

Stove top user here and it’s only ever bitter if it’s left too long on the heat. I also put boiled water from the kettle in it as well as it cuts down the time it’s on the stove. The resulting coffee is then toped up with teh hot water from the kettle.

As far as drinking apparatus, it’s got to be a proper big man-sized mug full. If you can’t get all your fingers in the handle, then it ain’t right. No pinkie pointing nonsense here!

joshvegas

I’m going to play aeroptess and for a bonus 5points add a mesh filter to alliw more oils through.

That completes the set for an extra 10points.

I love the moka pot being described as low faff

Preboil the water into the kettle then boil the water then pour the preboiled then boiled water into the moka pot and boil the when the coffee flows immediately de boil the water and pour into mug then add some preboiled boiled deboiled water.

It makes great coffee but its not liw faff.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

that’s as un-audi/woodburner as I can get without shop lifting it

😆

DrJ

cafe a longé

jamba – sorry to rag on you, but I am constantly surprised by your abysmal French. It really makes me wonder if you are passing the Turing test.

trail_rat

No wahalla coffee.

Been impressed by the delonghi magnifica bean to cup I was surprised with for Xmas. Always steered away from cheap bean to cups

Wasnt expecting it to be any good but does repeatable coffee to a reasonable standard. Still 200 levels better than Starbucks and Costa. Not quite San Francisco or Perth artisnal coffee shop standard but close enough for intrevenous application.

pete68

Only on STW could a thread about coffee pods suddenly have random James lyrics pop up.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

It really makes me wonder if you are passing the Turing test.

For a minute there I envisiged Jamba’s resigned visage on an old bed sheet…

Premier Icon bedfordrd
    Subscriber

You can ‘program’ you Nespresso to give a bigger cup – press and hold the button (of your choice) until the required amount of water has been achieved, then release. This amount is then your ‘new’ cup amount until you reset it (which I can’t remember how to do).

Light blue, purple and the caramel ones are best!

2nd Nespresso machine in 5 years as the first one sprung a leak (too much use!). All Nespresso pods recycled (250 every couple of months – I work from home…), and don’t bother with the 3rd party ones – have never had a good experience with them, and AFAIK you can’t recycle them. (G/F bought plastic ones – but they kept getting crushed in the machine)

Jamie

jamba – sorry to rag on you, but I am constantly surprised by your abysmal French. It really makes me wonder if you are passing the Turing test

Wait….there are some who don’t realise he’s a bot?

Premier Icon tomd
    Subscriber

I am routinely underwhelmed by the coffee from the pod machines, give me a stovetop and a bag of lavazza Oro thanks

+1

Gone back to moka pot too. You need to be careful not to leave it boiling or it does end up bitter. If you want a cup of strong, rich coffee it’s decent a low waste way to do it. It also doesn’t clutter up the kitchen with junk appliances.

scuttler

Do you make it with a lemon twist?

Whhhooooooosshhhh – back to 80’s! Oh yeah. [NSFW in case you’re unfamiliar with this masterpiece]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHZWWFmaFcI[/video]

Me I like Nespresso. I use Lidl purple and black capsules, usually two a day. They go in landfill and I feel a bit bad about that. But I used to have a Gaggia Classic that used about 1.21 gigawatts just to warm it up for a single espresso but in defence of the energy costs I could rarely be arsed.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Nepresso, am I missing something?’ is closed to new replies.