Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 265 total)
  • Neovite Colostrum – I think I have heard everything now!!!
  • Milkman
    Free Member

Maybe a few more success stories will help you arch-sceptics.

Chris Hopkinson, first British rider to complete the solo Race Across America
    Sharon Gayter and Mimi Anderson, record breaking ultramarathon runners,
    Gustav Erik Larsson, Olympic Silver, men’s time trial
    Elena Baltacha, UK number one women’s tennis
    Peter Norfolk, Paralympic gold, men’s tennis
    Maurice Burton Etape de Tour gold at age 51

crikey
    Free Member

…and just for a bit of a laugh, if colostrum can deliver these complex proteins into your blood stream, how much other less desirable proteins are also getting through?

CJD anyone?

Nice long latency period, no one will ever suspect….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Milkman – that shows nothing. Anecdote is not evidence

crikey
    Free Member

Maybe a few more success stories will help you arch-sceptics.

Sharon Gayter and Mimi Anderson, record breaking ultramarathon runners,

But all the above also all wore shoes; how do you know it’s not the shoes that make the difference?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Milkman – Who do you work for may I ask? Is it the nutrition industry? Your name is not John Rolf is it?

Milkman
    Free Member

In sport, results in open competition makes very good evidence.

Waderider
    Free Member

Can’t be bothered reading all the guff before, just thought I’d type the following.

What a load of old shite. For mere mortals, stop eating the pies and go out on yer bike more.

That is all.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Milkman – you didn’t answer my question?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Milkman – Member

No it does not. Its impossible to attribute the wins to any particular action on behalf of the athlete.

Do these people know you are using their names to make your claims?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Milkman = colostrum suppliment company representitive? – Oh and as said before This is his FIRST post on STW 🙄

clubber
    Free Member

Milkman – Member

In that case, I can claim all the pro athletes who don’t use colostrum as being proof that it doesn’t offer any measurable advantage, can’t I…

So, to go through your list

Unless that race is attracting the very top athletes in the world, it proves nothing and particularly since Chris clearly got beaten by other athletes who I can assume from your not claiming them didn’t use the product.

Sharon Gayter and Mimi Anderson, record breaking ultramarathon runners

Again, it’s just not a recognised sport so affected by the vagaries of who actually chooses to do it much more so than well established sports and on its own proves nothing.

Only silver though.

Only British no 1 and therefore being beaten by other players

Can’t say I’m particularly familiar with Paralympic tennis but one athlete using the product proves nothing.

Big deal – As I understand it, that’s not particularly unusual though clearly a decent performance.

Milkman
    Free Member

Of course they know. Elena Batacha and Peter Norfolk are quoted in the latest Ace magazine.
    Germain Burton (before national title) is on video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLUSfVSSRHI&feature=related
    and Maurice Burton http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDp6ao1-1dI
    Phil Greening (England and Wasps) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L16Nm5woLdk
    world record holder Cecilia Morrison (pre record attempts video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN4rqcyEgEc

crikey
    Free Member

I know who he is!

Would you like it pasteurised, cos pasteurised is best?

Ernie I’d be ‘appy if it came up to my chest….

The fastest milkman in the west!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Milkman AKA John Rolf – I think you are now doing your product an injustice now – I would bow out gracefully as you won’t win this one !!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Milkman – If you had said
    “research is still in its early stages but looks promising, all these athletes think the product is good and endorse it” You might have got away with this. But quoting research selectively and making claims not substantiated by the research merely make you look foolish

clubber
    Free Member

FWIW, milkman, there’s a rule (unwritten IIRC) that for anyone representing a company that you should be open about it and add that company’s name as your profile link so that it’s obvious. Please do so now, just to be open and honest which I’m sure you want to be.

IanMunro
    Free Member

This stuff sounds great!
    Is it safe to use in conjunction with a Power Balance band?

clubber
    Free Member

Only if the hologram is aligned correctly with the colostro molecules 😉

Milkman
    Free Member

If you don’t like the science and you don’t like the videos and you don’t like the results, there really isn’t anything more I can add.

foxyrider
    Free Member

This sounds like Kaesae bearings thread from a while ago?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Milkman 0- the research that you have given us does not show any significant benefits and does not even test some of your claims.

scaredypants

is that the trees a’rustling or the hinges of the gate ?
    … it’s ernie’s bovine colostrum, so get training on it mate

I’ve got 3 stone & 20 years to lose, and some talent to gain, before I’d even consider using any performance aid beyond water & jelly babies but I still don’t see why you have to be jangling the keys to the pitchfork cupboard. (he may not have stated his name but I don’t think his username’s well chosen if he’s trying to hide an allegiance when cropping up on this thread)

Can we provide evidence that epo/clenbuterol/hgh/testosterone/thg genuinely improve performance (same academic rigour you’re expecting of the colostrum stuff, please) or should we just ridicule contador & pals for believing all that shite ?

clubber
    Free Member

Are you going to tell us who you represent or not?

Your videos and so on are all great and FWIW, it’s even possible that your product works to some extent but none of it is properly proven. As I said, on the basis of ‘proof’ you’re using I can claim that it doesn’t work since it clearly doesn’t provide an advantage that stops many of them being beaten.

clubber
    Free Member

Can we provide evidence that epo/clenbuterol/hgh/testosterone/thg genuinely improve performance

Actually, I’ll bet you can though admittedly finding research specific to sport will be difficult since they’re banned but I’m sure you’ll find plenty for example that shows the effect of EPO on blood’s composition so that in combination with other research which shows how increased red blood cell count/concentration improves athletic performance would make the case perfectly well.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I think he has now dissapeared 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Crikey. That’s all.

I’m with the angry mob, I particularly like:

But all the above also all wore shoes; how do you know it’s not the shoes that make the difference?

RepacK
    Free Member

Just another bluffer then..What a nob.

Opinions offered up as fact etc..He’ll do well round here! 😉

Milkman
    Free Member

hey guys, I didn’t start this thread. I just sent a bag of colostrum for somebody at Singletrack to try and to come to their own conclusion. There are no claims that colostrum will make you unbeatable…just keep you healthier when you train to competitive levels. Colostrum sells by the recommendation by coaches and sports nutritionists, not by the marketing power of multinational corporations.

scaredypants

Actually, I’ll bet you can though admittedly finding research specific to sport will be difficult since they’re banned but I’m sure you’ll find plenty for example that shows the effect of EPO on blood’s composition so that in combination with other research which shows how increased red blood cell count/concentration improves athletic performance would make the case perfectly well.

Clubber, I can’t accept the above extrapolations and assumptions (also, as well as wearing shoes, some of those tested athletes probably had needles shoved into them so effects could be down to acupuncture unless you have a control group 😉 ) – I want direct clinical trial EVIDENCE that injecting epo and all those other things into trained athletes improves their performance. Failing that, shall we dissolve wada ?

kimbers

Milkman – Member

If you don’t like the science and you don’t like the videos and you don’t like the results, there really isn’t anything more I can add.

as a scientist marketing bs dressed up as science really pi$$es me off

if you want milkman i can put a video up of cancer cells growing like mad when i introduce some of the factors in your product to them, would that be useful for marketing?

RepacK
    Free Member

if you want milkman i can put a video up of cancer cells growing like mad when i introduce some of the factors in your product to them, would that be useful for marketing

Do it – I for one (being someone who trains quite seriously for endurance style stuff & always looking for a product that might help) rely on good honest evidence rather than clever marketing spiel.

Dirtynap
    Free Member

I was told to try taking colostrum after my immune system was all but destroyed due to an illness. It was a several years ago now and at the time I was in Royal Marines and I would but my fitness and training on a par with most professional athletes. In fact I would go as far as saying most marines are fitter and train harder than a lot of professional athletes.

I have to be honest and say as far as I could tell it did nothing for me. I saw no difference at all in my fitness, recovery or performance while on it so stopped taking it and nothing was effected. Granted I was young and taking loads of meds and having to eat liquid only diets for a while. Not exactly scientific, but I wont be taking again.

wwaswas

Milkman – people can make their own mind up about the product you sell but you do yourself and your product a disservice by not being open about who you are in your profile.

Milkman
    Free Member

wwaswas
    I thought your keen detectives had outed me already. That’s why I chose milkman as an easy clue. If the sceptical correspondents on this forum would like to disclose their identities I will put them in touch with the researchers conducting the current studies at UK universities. One study on exercise induced gut permeability and its prevention has been accepted for peer review by the American Journal of Physiology. Call me with your contact details. 0800 24 25 123 milkman aka John Rolfs

wwaswas

It may be that you have on this thread but you may chose to post on others and it might be best to be open in your profile too?

it’s your choice, of course, but it would seem a better approach and you’re clearly not too worried about your ‘real’ id being associated with this thread/stw.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Milkman – your the one trying to defend your product so as an unwritten rule you should disclose your associtation with the product – your name and telephone number was not neccessary just your affiliation. If you do your homework I am sure You can find out who I am 🙂 But I doubt anyone is bothered? I can contact the researchers myself If I was that bothered but I like to read it in a peer reviewed journal.

“One study on exercise induced gut permeability and its prevention has been accepted for peer review by the American Journal of Physiology.”

So its been ACCEPTED for REVIEW- so its has just been submitted? – I have reviewed for peer reviewed journals and there is a big gap between submitting and accepting no?

I hope I am not speaking out of turn but some of us on STW do have a biomedial and/or research background and most of us have common sense to read between the lines – don’t treat us as idiots just be honest!

Monkeeknutz
    Free Member

Gonadotrophin! That’s hilarious – why hasn’t this been pointed out? 😆

LabMonkey
    Free Member

foxyrider
    Free Member

Within TWO months I was back on my road bike with (almost) full function of my leg… from COMPLETELY chopping a muscle in half!

However we do not know how long you would have taken to recover without Colostrum and a positive mental atitude and rehab?

I am not disagreeing with you that it doesn’t work but pushing it without good groundings is not on! It should be advertised as potentially beneficial not Snake oil no?

LabMonkey
    Free Member

Oh bugger, went to add to my post and managed to delete the bloody thing!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 265 total)

The topic ‘Neovite Colostrum – I think I have heard everything now!!!’ is closed to new replies.