Neighbours from HELL……

Home Forum Chat Forum Neighbours from HELL……

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Neighbours from HELL……
  • Whereas our neighbours are bloody fantastic all the time, proper nice decent people who have become to be good friends. (& they look after our dog when we go abroad)

piemonster

Well, that sucks.

I dislike my neighbours. But they aren’t from hell.

Just a bit grumpy old sourpuss types.

The other side are friendly but nosey neighbour types. Pleasant enough.

JEngledow

Thanks, posts like this remind me how lucky we are, as both of our neighbours are great! I’d hate to have bad neighbours as there’s no getting away from them, I hope its sorted for you soon bigblackshed.

jekkyl

I’d rather not go into too many details,

Awww go on.

dabble

I’d rather not go into too many details

You little tease you.

Premier Icon coolhandluke
    Subscriber

Neighbours at the back annoy me (so I knock round and tell them and it gets sorted) when they have their friends around and lock their horrible little dog outside to bark and bark. It bothers me at 10.30 + at night anyway.

The ones on the right are sound.

The neighbour next to the ones on the right are a nightmare.They antagonise next door by booting footballs against their fence and throuwing food over their fence when they BBQ. Face to face they seem ok and the woman in the house has taken parcels in for us etc but once she’s had a couple of sharp ones, food left overs start flying into next doors.

Quite blizzar behaviour if you ask me. I was quite shocked when a chicken caucus went over and landed on the gazebo roof of our neighbour. I’m just thankful her throwing arm isn’t up to much.

Plod are involved and this summer has been entertaining to say the least.

project

Had a neighbour a few years ago,came banging on the front door at 6.00am one morning, told me her daughter was arriving that morning and that i should move my car form outside her house on a terraced street, the poor woman just didnt understand the fact i didnt own a car at the time and didnt have a licence.

Another neighbour asked if i had lodgers because i used to shop once a week and had 6 bags one week.It was christmas time.
    Finally another neighbour,took in a parcel for me kept it for 2 weeks before telling me he had it, then sent it back before i could collect it, as i was on the way to work,when he told me on the street he had had it for 2 weeks.

Premier Icon bigblackshed
    Subscriber

I’d rather not go into too many details, lets just say Social Services and the Plod are now involved, so things will come to a head sooner or later.

My neighbours from Hell have been away since Friday evening. The lack of neighbours has given us an insight into how normal folk live their lives.

It’s bloody great.

Premier Icon bigblackshed
    Subscriber

They’re back.

It took all of 20 minutes before the shouting and screaming started. Odd thing was the parents were away but the 4 kids were still here, stopping with one set of grand-parents (who live a little further up the same street). School summer holidays and you go on holiday without the kids?

From the behaviour last night another call to the Plod and Social Services is required I think. It’s gone on long enough now.

joolsburger

If they don’t move you should. Seriously – Life is way too short to be made miserable by the people next door. Your home ought to be a place where you feel relaxed and happy not tense and aggravated. I expect that it will take many months to get them out if at all, 4 kids make them a housing priority. Seems drastic but it’s what I’d do.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

And there was me getting annoyed with the bloke opposite running his poppoppoppoppop…. poppoppoppoppoppop scooter yesterday evening.
    I should think myself lucky.

I had drug dealers next door to me a few years ago in a rented place. I didn’t renew the contract after 6 months and moved – being woken up at all hours, dodgy people everywhere, and police raids in the middle of the night, after 6 months I’d had enough.

Easy enough to do when you rent though, not necessarily when you own.

samuri

We’ve had a succession of absolutely nightmare neighbours. The list of problems are far too long to document here but in summary, the woman next door was completely crazy, massively unpredictable and prone to drunken benders which created a whole series of problems. She seemed to push her husband over the edge and he turned from a nice enough bloke into a similar character. On the other side the guy was a poor petty criminal, was clearly into numerous insurance scams and most of his friends when they visited were rather unsavoury characters who for a while would deliberately park across our drive because I complained once when it happened.

On the back was this awful, awful woman who spent her whole day screeching at the kids and dog in this nerve-wrenching fishwife voice, listening to the radio really loudly and generally being very obnoxious. You could guarantee as soon as the weather was nice, we’d have to shut all the windows and doors at the back of the house because of the noise from her garden. She’d have big pissed up BBQ’s as well where everyone got really aggressive. Try complaining to a load of drunk twenty something blokes with very small foreheads and see what threats they send over.

Did the good win in the end? Did we get the council and police involved to calm them all down? Sorry but no. After 18 years of varying poor neighbour behaviour like this, we’ve moved out. We’d have moved sooner if it was constant but it did vary and our tolerance levels varied accordingly.

So we’ve moved. New neighbours are fantastic. Both sides are really friendly, very helpful and we’re already getting on well with them all. It may be giving in but it was worth it.

Murray

I’ve got lovely neighbours one one side and horrible ones on the other. The nasty one told the police, RSPCA and local paper that we’d tortured her cat when it got run over (not by us). They even got a picture in the local paper (who were not stupid enough to name names but were lazy enough not to check facts with the vet). Police and RSPCA were great.

Needless to say we don’t talk to her now and have a new 2m fence between us.

All of which doesn’t sound as bad as your situation. Police and social services sounds like the way to go. If nothing else, it gets the problem on record.

Premier Icon richmtb
    Subscriber

Had noisy neighbours next door when I got my first flat.

Played cheesy dance music at all hours.

A set of B&W floorstanders with 2 x 100W power amps soon put them in their place.

Peace through superior firepower

Current neighbours on both sides are great

Big Dave

Most of my neighbours are great but the family next door are a car crash waiting to happen. Their 34 year old son has drink and drug problems and is a general waste of fresh air and DNA. He likes to get loaded and then rant at the top of his voice about how he hates us all so much. I’ve had the police round several times but up until now there has been little they can do. A couple of months ago however he tried to kill his dad. He has since been issued with a restraining order and isn’t allowed anywhere near the house or his dad and the peace and quiet has been delightful.

The best bit is that he recently came back to the house to try and blag some money and food (and bizarrely towels) off his parents. One call to the police from me had him banged up in the cells overnight and he has been warned that if he breaches the restraining order again he will likely face a custodial sentence. Needless to say I’ve set up a CCTV camera and have the police on speed dial 😀 He has made my life and the lives of our neighbours a misery for years, now it is time to return the favour.

weare138

We have an awful neighbour, so much so that we have just put the house on the market one year after putting an extension on and having remodelling work inside. An awful spoilt little madam who is destined for a great fall one day as she treats everyone with contempt and is too cloth headed to reason with.
    A shame.

iolo

Either I live in the middle of nowhere and have no neighbors for miles or I live in a nice block of flats in Vienna which has lovely people living there.

bigyinn

We had (relatively) minor issues in comparison with others on here, but nonetheless make your home a place of stress.
    We lived in a terraced st, neighbours parked their big volvo in front of our house continuously for over a year, swapping it with one of their other cars when they needed to use it. Despite them having hard standing in front of their house, plus the space in the road.
    I was accused of kicking their vile cat (i didnt, merely shooed it off) which used to terrorise our cat.
    My OH was accused of spying on them from our bathroom because the window was open (it was SUMMER!).
    I mainly stemmed from the fact that he was a bully and was all sweetness and light until someone stood up to him (me) then they decided that they would just be bloody minded and nasty out of spite. It ended up with me feeling my blood pressure rise just hearing or seeing them around.

We moved 3 years ago and all our neighbours are lovely and we have no grief from anyone. +

Sometimes its better just to move away, people like that refuse to see reason and its just not worth the stress of trying to cope with it.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

I’ve got an Asian family next door to me. When they moved in they were a bloody nightmare for ages. The kids are tapped, for months I had a dawn chorus of what I can only assume was “singing” in the bathroom (adjacent to our bedroom), tunelessly yelling, interspersed with screaming at the top of his voice. The youngest was toilet training, so we’d often be woken up with ten minutes of him bellowing “mum, I’ve finished” in increasingly loud and frantic tones.

They often have – friends, family? – round for what are presumably prayer sessions. Cue lots of clapping, wailing and caterwauling. Maybe it’s just me, but if god is omnipresent then why do they need to talk to Allah quite so loudly?

The adults had such violent shouting matches that I once called the police out because I thought he was going to kill her.

These are just examples, I could go on. The solution in the end turned out to be a 5.1 home cinema system, action movies and heavy metal, and being fortunate enough to have stone deaf neighbours on the other side. You want to let your kids run up and down the living room dopplering “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH AAARGH AAAAH AAAAAAARGH” for hours on end, I’m watching a Michael Bay movie you bastards.

They’re mostly lovely these days.

Dickyboy

mate of mine christened our neighbour “attila the neighbour”, judging by the above posts he was more like “minor irratant the neighbour”

patriotpro

iolo – Member
    Either I live in the middle of nowhere and have no neighbors for miles or I live i a nice block of flats in Vienna which has lovely people living there.

Why don’t you know where you live? 😉

My neighbours do stuff i’m not happy with now and again but way down on severity to some you folks.

It’s a shame many people can’t simply move, like lmp says, easy once out of a rental-contract, not so if you are one of the millions who is languishing in negative equity for the next 5 or so years.

joolsburger

On reading this thread it appears that I may be an iffy neighbour, my kids are so loud as is my music at times.

Premier Icon richmtb
    Subscriber

I’m watching a Michael Bay movie you bastards.

I went with classical music. I figured the average Cascada fan will give in quite quickly when battered by Vivaldi turned up to 11.

Worked a treat

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

On reading this thread it appears that I may be an iffy neighbour

For me, it comes down to two things.

People make noise, fact of life unless you live in a detached. So you’ve got to take some of that on the chin. Where it starts becoming a problem is when a) it’s at antisocial hours, or b) when it sounds like Dumb and Dumber’s “most annoying sound in the world.”

You want to play your music loud occasionally, go ahead. You want to play Aqua’s Barbie Girl on repeat till 3am every night for a week, we have a problem.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

We lived next door to a family of alcoholcs, all constantly pissed.

One morning, early hours, I awoke to an almighty row going on, I looked out of the window to see the completely leathered son and his equally banjaxed dad, both stark bollock naked, having a drunken wrestling match, and punching each other senseless on the front lawn, while the mum, also naked, was drunkenly trying to separate them, wailing ‘LEAVE ‘IM!!!, E’S NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!’

This kind of thing was par for the course. All very entertaining. You’d see them in the morning, and they’d chat away to you as if nothing had happened. Bonkers! They were the real life embodiment of Biffa Bacon’s family.

jekkyl

I think this is what proper wealth brings you…privacy… distance from other people. If I was loaded I’d buy a house in the middle of nowhere with no neighbours for miles.

Premier Icon zilog6128
    Subscriber

One morning, early hours, I awoke to an almighty row going on, I looked out of the window to see the completely leathered son and his equally banjaxed dad, both stark bollock naked, having a drunken wrestling match, and punching each other senseless on the front lawn, while the mum, also naked, was drunkenly trying to separate them, wailing ‘LEAVE ‘IM!!!, E’S NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!’

Youtube link?

binners – what a beautiful picture you painted with your words!

So funny. All naked. Spot on!

I won’t comment on mine as I would be banned for ever.

mrmonkfinger

I sympathise with the OP, I really do. We had a short series of problematically noisy neighbours (the 3am wednesday night drum-and-bass stella powered spliffathon BBQ was the finest effort) which just made being at home incredibly stressful. Especially given that the entire rest of the estate seemed to be staffed with retirees.

Anyway. Life is just too short, etc. We moved house to get away from the twunts.

Had to rent for a while, but, we’ve ended up with brilliant neighbours. Long may they stay alive and not move out.

wrecker

My elderly neighbor sometimes plays the piano. Gentle tinkles sometimes eminate through the windows. I love it.
    The Church hall opposite is a nightmare. The air cadets parties full of drunken hormone filled teens and loud music until 0200. The aerobics instructor shouting WOOOOOOO every two minutes on a tuesday night. The nursery parents parking like ****s every day.
    Moving soon. I’ll miss the faint piano sounds. Not the ****ing church hall.

freeagent

We used to live in Northfleet (sh*tty suburb of Gravesend) and had the neighbor’s from hell – they both drank like fish and alternated between fighting, and loud sex, sometimes several times a night.

The final straw came when he threw her out about 2am, and she woke us up, breaking back into the house by smashing the front window with a shovel (we were in a terrace on the main road so in full view of the world) – I went outside and had it out with her, then promptly called the cops who nicked her, and took her away for the night.

The following weekend our house went on the market – life is too short…

zokes

A set of B&W floorstanders with 2 x 100W power amps soon put them in their place.

Not sure if peace has yet been reached, but I no longer hear the yapping dogs to the left or the yelling Chinese to the right since getting my new Naim amp. You yell in Chinese at each other in lieu of conversation with your doors open, and Jimmy Paige and Robert Plant will be giving you a Whole Lotta Love at eleven for some time to come yet.

Come to think of it this is also how I used to deal with noisy people in student halls at 3am on a Monday morning, just it wasn’t in such high fidelity back then.

khani

Our neighbour ran a repo company and used to leave up to ten various cars, vans and car transporters parked badly blocking drives and the street every day, and got gobby and abusive if he was asked to move em, two coppers moved in opposite and showed him the error of his ways,
    was funny watching a repo mans car get lifted, 😀
    He’s also just been done for running an asbestos removal company and fly tipping what he’d been paid to remove, tons and tons and tons of it.. He got a fine 😕
    Where I used to live oop norf I was woken up at 2am with the neighbour being tortured over a drugs debt with his young girlfriend and toddler in the same room, I called the plod on that one..
    some people should be dropped in the sea by a helicopter with bricks in their pockets..

edlong

I went with classical music. I figured the average Cascada fan will give in quite quickly when battered by Vivaldi turned up to 11.

Vivaldi’s a bit lightweight – I’d probably go with Wagner. If that doesn’t work, Tchaikovsky’s 1812 (complete with artillery) should do the trick?

Mr Woppit

Last place I lived was at the top of a tower block. New neighbours downstairs were loud and partying at weekends, no sleep until dawn…

I waited until I went away on a long weekend and before I left, I place a portable radio over their bedroom and left the volume turned to maximum, set on R2.

Never had another peep out of them.

hen why do they need to talk to Allah quite so loudly?

They’ve mistook non-existing for hard of hearing…

restless

We’ve had a succession of absolutely nightmare neighbours. The list of problems are far too long to document here but in summary, the woman next door was completely crazy, massively unpredictable and prone to drunken benders which created a whole series of problems. She seemed to push her husband over the edge and he turned from a nice enough bloke into a similar character. On the other side the guy was a poor petty criminal, was clearly into numerous insurance scams and most of his friends when they visited were rather unsavoury characters who for a while would deliberately park across our drive because I complained once when it happened.

On the back was this awful, awful woman who spent her whole day screeching at the kids and dog in this nerve-wrenching fishwife voice, listening to the radio really loudly and generally being very obnoxious. You could guarantee as soon as the weather was nice, we’d have to shut all the windows and doors at the back of the house because of the noise from her garden. She’d have big pissed up BBQ’s as well where everyone got really aggressive. Try complaining to a load of drunk twenty something blokes with very small foreheads and see what threats they send over.

Did the good win in the end? Did we get the council and police involved to calm them all down? Sorry but no. After 18 years of varying poor neighbour behaviour like this, we’ve moved out. We’d have moved sooner if it was constant but it did vary and our tolerance levels varied accordingly.

So we’ve moved. New neighbours are fantastic. Both sides are really friendly, very helpful and we’re already getting on well with them all. It may be giving in but it was worth it.

Very similar here, I have horrific neighbours, been going on for four years now.

The environmental health dept and police get involved but nothing changes. The whole family are losers, none work and they have constant parties.

justatheory

There are some truly disgusting excuses for human beings in my area but very fortunately my immediate neighbours are lovely people. I sympathise with anyone who has to live with a nuisance scrote next door.

Mrs Toast

In our first house together, we didn’t have any issues with our neighbours. The bloke was really nice, would always say ‘hello’ and let us borrow his hedge strimmer. The woman would just ignore us, but no arguments.

In our second house, both sets of neighbours were fine. We never really spoke to them except to exchange deliveries, and when the neighbour accidentally ran into our car (which was sorted very amicably and they were massively apologetic).

In our current house, the one side are really nice, and next door but two are really nice. The other side is council owned, and the tenant when we moved in was… interesting. She had a range of gentlemen callers at all hours of the day, and sometimes conducted spirited conversations in the street with them, often at 2am. Such as:

HER: You’re not coming in, I’ve got kids and you’re a f*****g crack head

HIM: What did you f*****g say? **** YOU!

Or…

HIM: Give me my stuff! Give my my stuff, you f*****g w***e, or I’ll slit your f*****g throat

One of their gentlemen friends also referred to Benny as “a stupid f*****g dog”. Which to be fair, isn’t an entirely inaccurate statement, but a bit harsh. All he did was bark once in surprise because the guy smacked into the fence loudly.

Anyhoo, one lunchtime t’husband returned home to check on the dog… and they were gone. Their house had metal grates over every single one of the windows, and security doors installed over the existing ones. It was a bit like that bit in Dredd when the security measures are activated on the tower block.

A few weeks later, she was allowed back in to collect her things. A week after that, the council went in and got out her left over rubbish, two skips’ worth.

A new tenant moved in. Again, she doesn’t seem overly fond of us but we’re not sure why – we’ve tried saying hello, but she blanks us. :s Her friends are all really nice though, and she takes good care of the garden, and has three spaniels, so she’s OK by me.

samuri

The environmental health dept and police get involved but nothing changes. The whole family are losers, none work and they have constant parties.

Aye.
    I have a friend who lives in quite a grotty area of central Manchester. He earns a fortune and I’ve asked him why he lives there. he could afford to live lots of much nicer places.
    “Nice neighbours”, is his reply. “Can’t buy them for any money.”

He’s got a point.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Neighbours from HELL……’ is closed to new replies.