Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Neighbours drunk parents.
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

They come to visit, drink loads of alcohol and drive away. All I hear is Back in SA we could drive whatever state we were in…”.
    I had a chat with a young local cop and gave details of the people and the car. Evil me or not? Would you shop them were you on my shoes?

johnners
    Free Member

Would you shop them

Oh yes.

longweight
    Free Member

Definitely!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Shop them. Do you know where they are driving to? When they have left phone the cops and tell them the make of car and where it is heading. Might take a couple of goes for the cops to get them but they will. I have done this myself

Hundreds of folk every year are killed by drunk drivers.

Would you report someone with a gun? these people are just as dangerous

Hairychested
    Free Member

I told him the car details, precise address where they drink, described their attitude. I kinda liked them at first but reckon my kid should live without the danger of a drunk driver behind the wheel.

nbt

100% yes.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You need to actually tell the cops when they are leaaving to give them a good chance of catching them

Hairychested
    Free Member

I think I will. Hell, I know I will. Good to know some of you lot think similar to me when it comes to that.

twohats
    Free Member

It could be one of your friends or family they could kill! Shop them.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

I wouldn’t shop them – cos I would have taken their car keys and called a taxi.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Good on you

All it will take for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It could be one of your friends or family they could kill!

OR, even worse – ME

Shop them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I would have taken their car keys

Having a fight with them, is an alternative …………….I suppose.

FunkyMrMagic
    Free Member

My first wife was killed by a drunk driver… Personally I’d have had words…

Hairychested
    Free Member

Words? With 6’5″ 18st. bloke who knows best ‘cos “in South africa we were really important…“? I’ll ring the local uniforms.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

ernie_lynch

Having a fight with them, is an alternative …………….I suppose.

No need to fight…..I’m a bit fuzzy on the details here. Presumably the person is a friend otherwise what are they doing drinking in the op’s house?

Any friend of mine could be talked around Im sure so I doubt there would be any need to surreptitiously get them arrested. At the worst the threat of reporting them would probably suffice no?.

colnagokid

there’s only one thing to do…..the right thing

FunkyMrMagic
    Free Member

Words? With 6’5″ 18st. bloke who knows best ‘cos “in South africa we were really important…”

Yeah.
    Some things are important.

zokes
    Free Member

I feel your sentiment, but are you suggesting that the OP goes and gets assaulted so plod come round quicker and do his neighbour’s parents for DD and GBH? Interesting philosphy….

thegreatape
    Free Member

drinking in the op’s house

It’s his neighbours parents visiting his neighbours.

WTF
    Free Member

My first wife was killed by a drunk driver…

One very good reason to say or do something….

naokfreek
    Free Member

Yeh shop em….a bar tender i knew sometime ago at an old local, shopped Bruno Brooks, he used to do some tv stuff at sky in osterley then come to the pub, get shitfaced and drive off…did’nt see him again in the time i was still drinking there, being pissed on a bike is bad enough, landed me in a&e 2/3 times, cars…simply not on in any way, no excuse.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

TBH, as far I’m concerned, even if you managed to get the keys off them and they were forced to take a taxi, all that would have been achieved is one drunk driving journey wouldn’t have been made.

Because unless you are prepared to follow them around for the rest of their lives, they are just going to carry on drinking and driving. People with that attitude do it because they are convinced that they will get away with it – they won’t get killed and they won’t get caught.

In my experience the people who are caught and banned for a year from driving, simply never (unless they are complete tw4ts) make the same mistake again.

So many times I’ve seen people completely give up drinking and driving as a result of get caught. And yet they had no intention of stopping before they were caught.

NZCol

I worked in a bar/resort thing in Oz and sundays were a big day. Two weeks in a row a _family_ turned up (mum dad + 2 teenage kids) and they got really quite p1ssed up – then drove home. Second time I spoke to them and said I’d ring a cab, give me the keys etc and I’ll get them back to you tomorrow etc – as per the law for ‘responsible hosts’. Bloke was very aggressive and threw some furniture around so I said that if he drove it was quite simple i;d just ring the cops and get him stopped. He was not terribly impressed with that and questioned a variety of things around my parentage, sexuality etc. But then he did get in his car and drove, as he was leaving i reiterated that it was his choice and he again let me know what he thought of that. During this my gf had already spoken to the local police and they were waiting for him at the end of the drive. Which was all good as he managed to drive into the big metal post at the end of the drive anyway. K N O B – with his family in the car FFS. Anyway, he got banned for a year apparently and i left the area a week later so there was no danger of him getting to me !

RepacK
    Free Member

Do it.

konabunny
    Free Member

Yes. **** ’em. You may want to point out that South Africa has incredibly high road death rates and that car crashes there often lead to vigilante mob violence (an activity I would endorse if only mobs could be trusted to use their mob violence power correctly).

doug_basqueMTB.com

Back in Scotland I once had to stop a cab I was in and get out because the guy was totally smashed. The guy was very aggresive when we got out and sped off leaving us in the middle of nowhere. After a few miles walking I found a phone box and called the local cops. They were most disinterested. It was about 2am but for once me and my mates were reasonably sober. I hope you have a better experience with the police caring.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

In my experience the people who are caught and banned for a year from driving, simply never (unless they are complete tw4ts) make the same mistake again.

Years ago I uded to work at KFC. Just after I left our assistant area Manageress (Yes, a woman) was done for DD in her company car. I don’t know the ins and outs of it, but she got either 1 or 2 weeks in the nick for it, first offence AFAIK!

But yeah, shop ’em!
    Well done.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

My wife had this with a guy that used to come into her work. Sometimes he couldn’t even stand up straight! She called the police and they didn’t do anything! Happened on a regular basis and she was able to give pretty good predicitions as to when he would be in next but nothing!
    At least she had done her bit! I think in the end her work stopped him from coming in hoping he wouldn’t drive if he didn’t have to!

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’ve spoken to a young PC whom I’ve known for a couple of years. He says they’ll take it seriously as we are next door to several schools. All I’ll need to do is to buzz him when they’re round here getting sloshed.
    It is unbelievable a bunch of sweaty cyclists can have morality, isn’t it? 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yes, a woman

Never! An alcoholic woman! Whatever next!

😉

I used to work with a woman (yes, a woman) who was always drinking from a can of coke on her desk. It took a couple of weeks till people realised it was constantly being refilled from a bottle of vodka in her bag.

And I have lost a female relative to alcohol too. 🙁

BoardinBob

I had a manager for 3 years who was over on secondment from the US. When he first arrived he couldn’t believe people didn’t drink and drive! It was a real struggle to get him out of the habit…

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

worked in a bar/resort thing in Oz and sundays were a big day.

has the attitude to drink driving changed in australia then? when i was there in the early 90’s the local pub used to make announcements over the speaker system where the police checkpoints were so drinkers could take alternative routes.

fisha
    Free Member

Shop them … definitely … every time.

I have zero time for drink drivers and the problems they cause.

mk1fan
    Free Member

They ain’t in South Africa. They’re in the UK. Speak to you mate. Say it’s unacceptable and say what the risks are. If they still do it then call the Police.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Would you report someone with a gun? these people are just as dangerous

more dangerous imo. having a gun is parrallel to beiung drunk and owning a car, drink driving is shooting bullets hoping they miss.

I had a manager for 3 years who was over on secondment from the US. When he first arrived he couldn’t believe people didn’t drink and drive! It was a real struggle to get him out of the habit…

culture innit – they only have taxi’s in the centre of cities, most of my yankee mates (jersey) have been stopped for dui and the cops say ‘drive at 20’ follow them home to make sure they’re safe and wave them good night!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Never! An alcoholic woman! Whatever next!

Yes, I believe she actually was an alki….
    🙁

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

…….the cops say ‘drive at 20’ follow them home to make sure they’re safe and wave them good night!

That sounds awfully nice of them.

I take it that applies equally to citizens of, erm, shall we say, ‘a darker complexion’ ?

richc
    Free Member

this one is easy shop them.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I spoke to the neighbour earlier and… he can’t see what the fuss. He even added whenever he drives he sips lager off a can to calm him down as traffic in Kingston (where he works) gets on his nerves. Ha also said his in-laws drive really well and rather fast so they’re home before the alcohol effects kick in. Any reminiscence of my guilt gone immediately.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Neighbours drunk parents.’ is closed to new replies.