Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Neighbour telling me Ive been rude to his wife etc…
  • wwaswas

I think you’ve taken the right approach.

It’s no good going nuclear at this stage.

Try adn sort it all out in a ‘let’s all be freinds and we can reach a conclusion we’re all happy with’ way.

You can escalate it from there in the future but trying to back off from ‘I’ll be round with a load of *really* angry IT blokes on MTB’s to sort you out forthwith’ is tricky.

See what happens now and go from there.

I might mention the cost of a new washing machine being pushed on to them if it’s not fixed sooner rather than later if there isn’t an immediate attempt to improve weather proofing after your email, though.

jekkyl

Don’t forget to update this thread with whatever happened please. There’s far too many issues that are never given resolution on this forum and it’s maddening, I need to know the gossip!!

marcus
    Free Member

You’ve got a builder / neighbour who’s leaving nails all over your garden and left you with a knackered washing machine – generally taking the pi%%. I’lld be taking a slighly more robust, yet still polite approach and not writting a defensive (almost appologetic) email.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

There’s far too many issues that are never given resolution on this forum and it’s maddening

+1

even if you bump one the OP rarely comes back with an update.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

There’s far too many issues that are never given resolution on this forum and it’s maddening

+1

like an unfinished book……

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“Neighbour telling me I’ve been rude to his wife”

Well was you ?

What did you say ??

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Think there was a bit of a legal fail regarding lack of completion date.

Maybe worth taking some advice on what constitutes a reasonable amount of time for the extension to be completed and your shed made waterproof, before setting a date for bomber pwning time.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I will certainly post the outcome the builders are rendering the wall as I speak and lead flashing has been added to the roof ! All this should have been done weeks ago !
    Hopefully some felt later this week…

Will update for sure…

Gary_M
    Free Member

Don’t know if others have said it but the email makes you sound a bit spineless, a bit ‘wet’.

As for If I had wanted to be petty I would have complained about all the nails that were left in my garden and on the grass, I have young children that like to play in the garden and the thought of them falling onto a nail in the grass or stepping on one is not something id like to ever imagine happening to them well you just did.

Keep it factual, cut out the mamby pamby stuff and man up.

trail_rat
    Free Member

were they sticking these nails into the ground vertically maliciously … if so thats a police matter.

if infact they were lying on their side on the floor like a spilt nail would then only an overactive imagination would have it skewaring something.

crankboy
    Free Member

You pitched it right, it is easy to escalate up from wimpy/reasonable to angry/firm harder to back down from initially over the top.

MSP

I think the wording is all very passive aggressive, with a pinch of lacking backbone.

Putting it down in writing in an email,instead of at least trying to explain your position over a cuppa, is a very poor method of communication when emotions are starting to rise.

IMO you have now backed yourself into a corner without giving an easy compromise. You can win on the building work but lose neighbourly good relations, or you can lose on both counts. I don’t see an amicable solution following that email that provides a win/win.

Junkyard
    Free Member

reads like a Fine e-mail to me to the point , polite and offering an olive branch to the neighbours who you will have to live next to for the forseeable future – not really worth falling out with them over this , they may be reasonable and just stressed at the the minute so no need to be a complete arse with them

I would rather live next to you than all the alpha male chest thumpers on here who seem to think the appropriate response is to see who can be the most intimidating rather than attempt to resolve the issue.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Putting it down in writing in an email,instead of at least trying to explain your position over a cuppa, is a very poor method of communication when emotions are starting to rise.

I have tried talking to them asking them in for tea etc when they have been on site to try and sort this out along with numerous calls to them and Ive always had the same answer next week it be done…

as I have said earlier at least i know I’ve done nothing wrong

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

reads like a Fine e-mail to me to the point , polite and offering an olive branch to the neighbours who you will have to live next to for the forseeable future – not really worth falling out with them over this , they may be reasonable and just stressed at the the minute so no need to be a complete arse with them

I would rather live next to you than all the alpha male chest thumpers on here who seem to think the appropriate response is to see who can be the most intimidating rather than attempt to resolve the issue.

better not I may knock your building down and rip up your patio and get all arsey with you when you ask for reasonable demands ! thanks for the positive input.

duckman

unfitgeezer

rip up your patio

Be warned J-y; ripping up your patio is the new kicking the back door in………..

On a serious note, disputes with neighbours NEVER end well. You came across as reasonable in your email. If he has any sense he will take that for the olive branch it is.

Gary_M
    Free Member

There’s a huge gap between appearing to be a bit of a sap and being aggressive. I wasn’t suggesting intimidation, merely appearing list week and writing that ‘your feeling have been hurt’.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

your feeling have been hurt’

its all about karma !

Sandwich

Hopefully some felt later this week

That’s what his missus objected to!

Open a suitable size hole in your patio, big enough for a couple of bodies, should make things plain.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Go round and shag his wife

well aye , if someone is gonna accuse you of being rude, may as well justify it.

btw if your neighbours are like this before they have moved in, god help you when they do.

konabunny
    Free Member

I think the wording is all very passive aggressive, with a pinch of lacking backbone.

Come on, now, you surely can’t be accusing OP being a cowardly aggressive person?

binners

as I have said earlier at least i know I’ve done nothing wrong

Hitler was still telling himself that in the bunker, you know? You tyrant!!!!!

kudos100
    Free Member

Only on Singletrack……….

Your next door neightbour phones you up and complains and you write him an email? You might as well have gone round and handed him your balls in a little jar.

Do yourself a favour and start behaving like a man, rather than a 7 year old little girl.

franksinatra

They are taking the mick and you basically rolled over and offered your tummy for a tickle.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Now go and sh1t on their lawn to redress the balance.

grum
    Free Member

Email in the OP does come across as a bit passive-aggressive/over-emotional TBH.

Better off just to arrange to meet them – much easier face-to-face (unless you’re rude to his wife again 😉 ).

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Well so far today the wall has been rendered and lead put up and I have received an email saying the felting will be done tomorrow

So something must have worked

Junkyard
    Free Member

Your next door neightbour phones you up and complains and you write him an email? You might as well have gone round and handed him your balls in a little jar.

Do yourself a favour and start behaving like a man, rather than a 7 year old little girl.

I can smell your testosterone over the internet no really i can

Thanks for reaching round your massive plums to get to the keybaord
    I hope its a façade or that one day you become an adult
    indeed only on STW

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

kudos100 – Member

Only on Singletrack……….

What type of jar would I need ? I find your post very hurtful !!!! 😯

rene59
    Free Member

Reminds me of Ned Flanders living next door to Homer Simpson.

johnhe

I think that is an excellent email. Since ou have to live next door to these folks, I think it is worth going out of your way to get on with them. Sounding off to them, especially in writing, is a really good way to get off to very bad start.

I know that everyone is lambasting you for being too soft, but I think exactly he opposite. If I was accused of being rude, I would buy flowers for the wife and ask forgiveness.

It’s so easy to end up with bad neighbourly relationships, and so beneficial when those relationships are positive, so I think it’s worth falling over yourself to get on together.

marcus
    Free Member

Unfit – Glad it sounds like the builder / neighbour is sorting it. Get it watertight and go for the new washing machine !

iolo
    Free Member

If it wasn’t going to be watertight for a bit why is your washing machine there?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Update !

Render painted felt laid doors on

Tiny bit of render to do…

Hoo ray !

Still not spoken to them…and doubt we will just yet

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Neighbour telling me Ive been rude to his wife etc…’ is closed to new replies.