Neighbour telling me Ive been rude to his wife etc…

Home Forum Chat Forum Neighbour telling me Ive been rude to his wife etc…

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • Neighbour telling me Ive been rude to his wife etc…
  • MrNutt

how rude, petty, malicious & hurtful. I hope we can move on from all this.

Jamie

*skip to the end*

‘what’s so ever’ = whatsoever.

Edit: Unfortunately, what George said. You might as well have finished the email with a p.s offering to wash his car with your tongue.

I think you’re soft in the head. 😀

ianfitz

If you’ve already sent it then its a bit late to ask isn’t it?

Not sure what tone you are aiming for here…

You’re too apologetic by far. “I’m really hurt”- seriously! You’re doing them the favour.

1)They need to ensure your property doesn’t get damaged. You need better than plastic cladding protecting your washing machine- which uses electricity, not known for mixing well with water!- by the end of the week.

2)You need a firm date from them on when the work will be completed. If it isn’t done by that point, you’ll have no option but to seek legal redress.

Premier Icon ourmaninthenorth
    Subscriber

Don;t bother with the email. You won’t feel any better.

Just ask if you can call a meeting with the neighbours and the builder to come up with a plan.

Don’t give into the fury – be the bigger person!

allthepies

A particularly wet summer ?

Has this thread been in an intereabs wormhole for 12 months.

its sent

and apparently finished this week

s(p)melling was never my strong point !

Mantastic

Go round and shag his wife

legend

definitely be rude to the wife next time – better not to leave yourself in any doubt

waveydave

fiserable muckers

waveydave

shag the mother in law as well to make sure

Go round and shag his wife

not sure my wife or his would agree to that and my wife is way better looking !

in all seriousness there has to be good karma between neighbors last lot were dam right rude and nasty to everyone on the road

Cletus

Did you take legal advice before agreeing to all this?

I assume that they had no right to demolish your old building and that you were doing them a favour?

In your position I would like to have been accommodating but would have insisted on hefty and incremental financial penalties if the work ran over time.

£100 per week in the first month, £200 per week in the second and so on. If they did not agree then no extension.

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

We are of course grateful you had to rebuild the structure

Eh ?
    Have you benefited in some way from it ?

Did you take legal advice before agreeing to all this?

yes all above board with surveyors and the party wall agreement

yunki

not sure where the wet summer bit has come from..!!? 😯

And whilst you may not have considered what you said to your neighbours wife as rude, talking about her back doors and what you would personally do to them has certain connotations..

Have you benefited in some way from it ?

well we got a new building and our old one was 80years old so have we benefited depends what way you look at it…

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

Try & bite your tongue.
    Honestly.
    Neighbourly disputes are shite.

Our new neighbors who haven’t even moved in yet but are gutting the house and in the process demolished our utility building/patio to build an extension (they have had to rebuild a new one etc all part of the party wall agreement) problem is the new building is not water tight as yet…no roof been like that for 2 months ! So I have been asking over and over again when its going to be completed as we don’t want to keep wiping water from the washing machine before we use it and the plastic cover is not suffice (rain water )
    This eve I get a call from the new owner telling me I’m petty I’ve been rude to his wife the builders and that Im ungrateful and that I should be contributing !

I kept my cool and thanked him for correcting me on my manners ! Children were present but I was dcking fuming
    I have sent this email to them…what do you think ?

Hi

Firstly I would like to say I’m really hurt you think I have been rude to either one of you I’m not even sure how you think I have been.

I’m sorry you think I have been petty about the washing machine I said from the very start (over 2 months ago) that it needed to be water tight neither my wife nor myself should be having to wipe water off an electrical item before using it, it’s unfortunate it’s been a particularly wet summer.

If I had wanted to be petty I would have complained about all the nails that were left in my garden and on the grass, I have young children that like to play in the garden and the thought of them falling onto a nail in the grass or stepping on one is not something id like to ever imagine happening to them.

This maybe a minor part of the work you are undertaking which is perhaps why you think I have been petty but from my perspective it has also been stressful. I fully understand that any building work big or small causes stress in one way or another.

I have never been rude to the builders in any way, they have been polite and friendly at all times, we have given them them tea and ice creams!

In all honesty I wish you hadn’t been put in the situation that you needed to rebuild our structure but this was out of my hands.

We are of course grateful you had to rebuild the structure, there unfortunately hasn’t been any opportunity to actually say thank you in person as we have not seen either of you.

I hope when all the building work is complete we can move on from this.

This is sent without any malice what’s so ever

smell_it

To be honest, you lost any respect when you said ‘i’ve sent this email’ rather than having a word. If i was your neighbour i would have just ignored your email, and popped around to jizz on your washer before setting fire to it*.

*the washer, not the jizz.

To be honest, you lost any respect when you said ‘i’ve sent this email’ rather than having a word. If i was your neighbour i would have just ignored your email, and popped around to jizz on your washer before setting fire to it*.
    *the washer, not the jizz.

Tbh have tried talking to them and I think what has happend is the builder has told them porkies about it being water tight etc.
    HAving a word is not real world ! We have to live next door to them !

rickt

Least your neighbour now knows he calls the shots!!

smell_it

HAving a word is not real world

I am truly suprised that you believe sending an email is better than talking to someone, particularly over an issue that is contentious.

we have to live next door to them !

Exactly.

neilnevill

Hpe it all gets sorted

As I have said earlier I have tried speaking to them for the last 2 months , met with yeah next week itll be done blah b,ah
    also to the surveyor who is useless
    Sending an email is documented proof if it goes any further

loddrik

I’d like to see better use of punctuation tbh.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

yunki – Member

not sure where the wet summer bit has come from..!!?

everyone always thinks the last summer was a wet one, not like when they were a lad, it is just a universal mental defect. Also the winters aren’t proper winters. And spring? Spring! Don’t get me started on spring.

Premier Icon totalshell
    Subscriber

congratulations that is the worst rant email ever..

your doing them the favour dont forget..

how about reposting this..

oy..

if you dont get my stuff sorted out within 48 hours i ll be round with some used mazzochis and sort your mrs out..

konabunny

I was dcking fuming
    I have sent this email to them…what do you think ?

I think you’ve done a good job of covering up that you were fuming.

People like that always blether on about their feelings and bring emotive rubbish into it – it helps them distract from the underlying issue on which they’re in the wrong.

1) Make the structure waterproof.
    2) Clean up the sodding nails from the garden.
    3) When is this stuff going to be finished?

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

Poke them on Facebook?

pondo

Depending on the outcome you’re after, i think that’s not a bad job- if you’re after reconciliation and a decent relationship with the people you’re gonna have to live next door to, top job. If you’re after fuming anger with the occasional unseemly outburst of shouting in the street, you should “give him a piece of your mind”, as suggested by a surprising number of feisty take-no-prisoner forum members. 🙂

peterfile

Poke them on Facebook?

You’re responsible for the projectile porridge that’s now clinging to various bits of my screen 🙂

samuri

You do sound incredibly polite and apologetic in that email. I can’t believe you’ve been rude to anyone.

Do you have a written agreement with them over the work they’re undertaking?

My email would have told them to get their act together and get things sorted or I’ll start taking action.

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

projectile porridge

surely, that’s a banning !

Do you have a written agreement with them over the work they’re undertaking?

yes but without any date of completion which I asked for but the surveyor said we didn’t need as there wouldn’t be a problem and now the surveyor has gone all sheepish he was just a money grabbing ****hole which luckily I didn’t have to pay for which is probably why he’s a such a useless waste of space…

toemul

Wot pondo said and also you could use all that moral high ground for a bit of down hill. Your a fookin genius.

marcus

Honestly and no offense intended. – If I received an email like that, I would consider you a spineless wimp who I could take advantage of if I ever wanted.

pondo

Honestly and no offense intended. – If I received an email like that, I would consider you a spineless wimp who I could take advantage of if I ever wanted.

In all fairness, that says as much about you as it does about him.

i have to live next to these people !

I’m neither spineless or anything else for that matter (you talkin to me ?)
    I dont have the energy to have a neighbor dispute it all adds up to a big fat nothing…so yes if being polite etc makes me feel better then im all up for that at least I know i haven’t been a ctnu

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

I think you’ve taken the right approach.

It’s no good going nuclear at this stage.

Try adn sort it all out in a ‘let’s all be freinds and we can reach a conclusion we’re all happy with’ way.

You can escalate it from there in the future but trying to back off from ‘I’ll be round with a load of *really* angry IT blokes on MTB’s to sort you out forthwith’ is tricky.

See what happens now and go from there.

I might mention the cost of a new washing machine being pushed on to them if it’s not fixed sooner rather than later if there isn’t an immediate attempt to improve weather proofing after your email, though.

jekkyl

Don’t forget to update this thread with whatever happened please. There’s far too many issues that are never given resolution on this forum and it’s maddening, I need to know the gossip!!

marcus

You’ve got a builder / neighbour who’s leaving nails all over your garden and left you with a knackered washing machine – generally taking the pi%%. I’lld be taking a slighly more robust, yet still polite approach and not writting a defensive (almost appologetic) email.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

There’s far too many issues that are never given resolution on this forum and it’s maddening

+1

even if you bump one the OP rarely comes back with an update.

rudebwoy

There’s far too many issues that are never given resolution on this forum and it’s maddening

+1

like an unfinished book……

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Neighbour telling me Ive been rude to his wife etc…’ is closed to new replies.