• This topic has 85 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by yunki.
Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Neighbour noise!
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

It’s shit when you have to live with it and IME any neighbour who does this cannot be reasoned with as someone reasonable would not do it in the first place

IME one of you has to move

For occasional things I would expect a notice of when and then go visit someone- my neighbour likes loud films he does this Tuesday as he knows I ride and wont be in

soundninjauk

Finishing a party at 1.30 (still plenty of time for everyone to get some sleep)

Unfortunately sometimes I (or more frequently my wife) don’t get the chance to lie in the next morning because we have to be up for work. I’d give people until midnight, then ask them to turn it down.

As was said earlier though, it’s not actually the noise that keep you awake, it’s the feeling of being annoyed and not being able to do anything about it. I live in London and noise at night is definitely something that comes with the territory, but it won’t be too much longer before we move out somewhere nice and quiet with any luck…

njee20
    Free Member

It’s about communication and being err, sociable (the clue is in the word).. You discuss behaviour with your neighbours, in a neighbourly way, work out what works best for everyone.. it’s when the discussions become unfriendly that you have a problem..

But the antisocial behaviour was from the neighbours, they didn’t communicate with the OP, how could he have dealt with not being told something differently?!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hammyuk
    Free Member

Had this before the divorce – next door were ignorant and their eldest more so to the point that him babysitting meant a full on house party till “whatever O’clock”
    Cue him and multiple friends threatening physical violence over the fence, stuff thrown into the garden, etc.
    CCTV camera front and rear solved the “it wasn’t anything to do with us…..” as his parents couldn’t deny the damage.
    They still didn’t stop going out when ever they felt like it though and leaving him/sister to babysit.
    Half a dozen friends who are all serving police/military solved the threats one evening when he thought he was being a “man” hammering on the front door with 7/8 of his mates after being asked to turn it down for the 6-7th time that night…. There’s never been a party since.
    Unfortunately it had taken 17 parties that year to reach that point, with police visits, arrests, etc before it stopped.
    There are certain people that only understand/respond to certain “methods”.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

This actualy reminds me of a friends birthday party at Uni.

Probably 30-40 people in an average 5 bed semi, a few of us still sat out in the garden talking shit at about 3am and a neighbour from the house behind comes round completely off his rocker with rage, starts grabbing peoples pints and throwing against the wall etc etc. Once he’s run out of beers to smash we point out to him that the noisy party is actualy coming from the (non student house) 2 doors up.

Him: you f**** studnet know it all smart a*** holes, think you know everything

us: are you going to buy us some beers as an appology?

Him: your all the f***** same

us: what, as opposed to the other residents having loud parties or miss directed 3am shouting matches in the back gardens?

him: I’m calling the police

They never showed up, we never got our beer.

yunki
    Free Member

But the antisocial behaviour was from the neighbours, they didn’t communicate with the OP, how could he have dealt with not being told something differently?!

that post was in response to someone asking me (as a live and let live neighbour) what I would consider anti-social behaviour.. quoting it out of context is a bit misleading..

I did mention earlier in the thread though, that the OPs approach could have been regarded as a little bit unfriendly

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Neighbour noise!’ is closed to new replies.