• This topic has 149 replies, 70 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Houns.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 150 total)
  • Neighbour moving satellite dish on purpose
  • Some of you may remember that I was looking at an alternative to bt for my elderly mother.
    Anyway I got a great deal for her with sky including broadband, tv, box sets and Netflix about 4 weeks ago.

Sky has lost signal a few times now and thought it was the high winds moving the dish.

Every time I moved it back, the day after it had moved again, I’ve even had sky back to look at it. The engineer asked if the neighbour had moved it.

After putting a camera up to see what was going on, turns out the neighbour is leaning out of his bedroom window and whacking the dish so it doesn’t receive a signal.

I’m really pissed off and especially as my mother is 76 she has had no tv to watch for 3 weeks.

The property is semi detached and the sky dish is slightly over the invisible line of the properties.

I’ve phoned sky and asked them to move the dish but earliest they can do it is 3rd april.

So any tips on how to deal with this idiot?

Humorous or otherwise.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

So any tips on how to deal with this idiot?

Have you tried talking to them to say it’s being moved soon?

Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

Have a word about it, find out the problem and let them know when its to be moved. If they don’t have Sky ask them to go halves and get another box. Its a win win then.

Go round and explain that you’re trying to get the dish moved, any reasonable human being would accept that. If he persists after that super glue his window shut.

Premier Icon leffeboy
    Subscriber

If he is able to whack it with his hand from his window you may have blocked his view without really warning or discussing it with him.  Being a neighbour isn’t easy and it’s not all about invisible lines

Premier Icon beaker
    Subscriber

Would it not be considered a criminal matter? Granted its not arson but surely it is crimal damage? Have you confronted the neigbour?

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Is she a bit deaf by any chance?

Premier Icon frankconway
    Subscriber

Go round and cough on them.

Holyzeus

Ask them?
    If they deny show them the footage

Cough and spit on the dish,

Premier Icon jekkyl
    Subscriber

And then bum his dog.

marksnook

Paint the side of the dish he can reach with anti climb paint or some thick grease? Granted that might aggravate the situation!

aphex_2k

Put his windscreen wipers up every time he knocks the dish.

bsims

And then bum his dog.

With frozen sausages, if they haven’t sold out.

Premier Icon pondo
    Subscriber

Frozen sausages + hammer + lawn.

Some great comments here. Don’t think he has a dog though.

After three weeks of moving the dish, he has finally posted a note through the door asking my mother to get sky to move the dish.

I’ve replied and told him that I’ve arranged to get it moved on 3rd april as that’s the earliest they can come so I would appreciate it if he could put up with it until then.
    Also told him that he should have just knocked on the door with his concerns instead of keep moving the dish. I would have sorted it earlier if I’d known there was a problem.

What’s the best way to stick photos up here? I have no idea.

Then stw can be judge jury and executioner

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

WTF is wrong with people nowadays? If your mums neighbour had just come around and knocked on the door after the dish had first been installed all this voice could’ve been avoided. I’d definitely bum his sausage and nail his dog to the lawn though

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

I know about the bog roll shortage, but this is definitely time to treat yourself.

Shit down his chimney.

ITOLTBU.

Don’t think I want to bum his sausage.

There’s a lot of sausage japes being suggested. Have you all been tested for the virus?

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

That’s a bit of a wurst-case scenario.

spekkie

With a semi-detached property, the line isn’t usually invisible. It may not be physical but it’s location is usually pretty obvious. Knowing how touchy people are about their boundaries, it was a bit naughty of the installation guy not to tell you what he’d done. If he’d asked the neighbour first this would never have been an issue because either the dish would have crossed the line with permission, or the dish would have been installed wherever it’s going to be installed on 3rd April.

Like “un-written rules”, the general assumption is that unmarked boundaries shouldn’t be broken (or crossed in this case).

Shame for your mum, who did nothing wrong but has had un-necessary grief.

Hopefully here is an image showing the dish.

null

Or maybe not

mandog

I know this has been done already as I heard about it on the news and seems effective – shoot him through the head with a cross bolt.

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Hopefully here is an image showing the dish.

I think it’s been moved – can’t see it 🙂

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

is the nighbour the one with all the photo panels ? (**** him!)

The disk looks a bit like it’s on an articulating arm and is folded over his way – could you swing it away from him a bit ?

https://potatoes1971.tumblr.com/post/613301167768961024″

My mother’s house is on the right
    The dish is on a swing arm and when the neighbour moves it so it’s not on his property, the signal stops.

All a bit petty really as all he had to do was ask

Subscriber

… but when he swings the arm out the dish will be pionting in the wrong direction – you’d have to realign it after swinging it out. Unless there’s something massive behind the point where the photo was taken from I can’t see why it wouldn’t get a signal from the new position

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

View post on imgur.com

(What a petty arse.)

Premier Icon rogermoore
    Subscriber

Buy a hot air balloon and learn to fly it so you are constantly casting a shadow over his Solar Panels.
    RM.

Bet the neighbour wouldn’t do it if next door was 6’4″ and male. Can’t the arm supporting the dish be set at 90° to the house and the dish reset, thus putting it on her side of the divide. Neighbour is a ****t

would cost too much to buy a hot air balloon along with learning to use it.

I’d rather pop his crappy inflatable hot tub he has in his garden.

So, what type of sausages should I be using just in case he gets a dog?

Subscriber

(What a petty arse.)

thought that said “pretty” – I can report that nothing’s visible in either window though 🙁

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

I’d punch him in the mouth.

Is your neighbour called Louise by any chance

Premier Icon hamishthecat
    Subscriber

H Block protest on his PV panels.

bsims

So, what type of sausages should I be using just in case he gets a dog?

A kielbasa for the dog or 200 chipolatas for the lawn.

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

Maybe a nice 240V buzz will discourage future re-alignment.

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

Why’s he got black gutters the ****, completely mismatched with the fascia boards. You should cover his solar panels in clear varnish.

Premier Icon Caher
    Subscriber

Climb on his roof and kick his aerial, worked for Rod Hull or emu.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 150 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.