Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 311 total)
  • Neighbor again..ffs
  • sweepy
    Free Member

I’m not going to judge from a few pics but how confident are you in that van OP?
    Watch someone else drive it out, and see if they clip the grass, and how much room they have left at the front .

thegreatape
    Free Member

newrobdob – Member
    Maybe if you stopped clipping curbs like that your suspension wouldn’t need so much work on it.
    Nearside Rear Anti-roll bar linkage rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
    Offside Rear Anti-roll bar linkage rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
    Nearside Front Suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
    Offside Front Suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)

Stalktastic!

If that was my grass, or not my grass but outside my house, I wouldn’t care one bit. Life’s far too short.

Jamie
    Free Member

Stalktastic!

I thought that as well. Never would it have occurred to me to check the MOT history on the OP’s van.

trail_rat
    Free Member

So her only gripe is you driving over some public land ?

Could be worse. Could be one of them **** that parks half on the pavement.

Bit like those folk that come on here moaning about folk driving on *not* their grass infront of their house and want to stick rocks out on the council’s land an all that.

She needs to get back in her box not her land to be reseeding even if you are being a bit naughty by driving over it it’s none of her business if it’s not her land.

Jamie
    Free Member

In years to come, historians would pinpoint this thread as the moment when the great STW Civil War started. Little did the forum denizens know, but soon they would be fighting tooth and nail for either the ProBiddies or ProOP.

Thousands of lives would be lost…..and the grass would run red with blood…..as well as still be a bit rutted.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Fron the 2nd pic it looks like there is a ton of room. I’m calling poor road craft on behalf of the op.

People with poor spacial awareness should really not be allowed to drive anything bigger than a polo.

mattyfez

cynic-al – Member
    Loving the van driving experts who can judge the situation from a few pics.

I could put that van in that space, after 8 pints of Stella. I’d have to go to the immense trouble of reversing it for a couple of feet, though.

bamboo
    Free Member

Road craft!!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’m sure I posted a big reply but it’s not gone through.

Basically, everyone has assumed the OP isn’t telling the truth.

How about reviewing your comments and replying on the assumption he IS telling it as it is. That the neighbour is quite simply hateful, the van is simply too long to avoid the grass, can’t turn left out of the drive as it’s even tighter etc.

wiggles
    Free Member

Its a bit of grass FFS, who cares?

If he isnt going out of his way to do it then the neighbour should just suck it up, I bet the hardly leave the house and cant even see it.

drlex
    Free Member

I could put that van in that space, after 8 pints of Stella. I’d have to go to the immense trouble of reversing it for a couple of feet, though.

Surf-Mattyfez?

Ambrose

If you/ me/ OP/ anyone kept cycling over the grass and it ended up in a state…? I suspect few of us would be that concerned.

However, my view on this specific situation is that the vehicle is not really suited for the driveway if it is not able to be driven into and out of the drive without inconveniencing others.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

But how is a small muddy triangle inconveniencing the old so and so?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

cynic al has it .

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

But how is a small muddy triangle inconveniencing the old so and so?

It won’t be but some people can’t help themselves.

+ what Al said.

Jamie
    Free Member

Can we just pick sides and fight already?

ProOP
    ProOAP.

Pick a side people.

fourbanger
    Free Member

You’ve parked tight up against her border. If you parked further across, you wouldn’t have to hit her grass on the way out. but then you wold be inconvenienced walking up your drive.
    So your inconvenience is more important than her grass? nice.

convert

I’m very disappointed my genius (in my eyes) zoolander reference was not picked up. Or maybe it was and deemed too crap to justify comment. 😐

tymbian
    Free Member

Another visit to the forum finds me now being unable to drive a van correctly. Ive only been driving 30 years. As for the stalker checking MOT stats how sad. Do you know when I bought the vehicle? Why didn’t you post that the Only MOT it’s had since I owned it it sailed through with no advisories.
    The road to the left of my drive is significantly narrower than the right of my drive as the road opens out onto a turning circle sort of area.
    All those that can get a 6.5m van turned in a 5m space without alcohol come and try it with your own van..do you drive big throbbing shiny red cars by any chance?
    If I was to park on the left of my drive and pull out and turn the rear overhang of the van will scrape the post.

teasel
    Free Member

As for the stalker checking MOT stats how sad.

I can’t bring myself to read most of the posts on this thread because they’re probably shit but agree that whoever that was is a completely sad ****.

teasel
    Free Member

In fact, if I was in your shoes right now I’d either delete the pics or replace with the reg number blacked out before some shitbag comes round and fills your exhaust pipe with expanding foam or something.

Xylene
    Free Member

I’m paying my taxes for the council to maintain the verge and the OP is driving over it damaging it.

I bet he kicks the heads off daffodils too.

I think this must be a troll, we all know people in council houses only claim benefits.

Cougar

Wonder how many of you chaps have driven large vans?

I’ve driven many, I used to work for a coachworks company to earn a few bob when I was a student. Used to pick up cab & chassis and deliver fully built flatbeds. Biggest I’ve driven was right on the limit of a 7.5T licence. I was 20. Also drove a big works van in a later job.

Do any of you people live where parking is at a premium?

Yes.

Its a bit of grass FFS, who cares?

The OP’s neighbour, try to keep up. (-:

tymbian
    Free Member

Let’s put this bed.

Jamie
    Free Member

Let’s put this bed.

Next up, putting toothpaste back into the tube.

fourbanger
    Free Member

If I was to park on the left of my drive and pull out and turn the rear overhang of the van will scrape the post.

So you could widen your gate instead of ruining your neighbour grass?

tjagain

This thread keeps on giving. Intially it was mainly in the OPs favour then shifted to be against him.

to those of you who thinks its OK at what point does damaging public property become OK? If driving over a grassy verge is OK what about knocking over roadsigns that are in your way? How about bollards – inconvenient things they are and get in the way and stop you parking where you want.

Public statues? there are some in Edinburgh blocking spaces that could be used for car parking

At what point does it become wrong to damage public proerty so you canpark?

to the OP – I do sympathise with your wish to keep your tools safe but you need to find another way of doing this so you can avoid doing this damage.

tymbian
    Free Member

Has already been said..

perchypanther
    Free Member

How have I missed this?

Is it some sort of turf war?

tymbian
    Free Member

…or give up carpentry, sell my van, sign on, drink cider, repair cars on my drive and front garden for extra cash. I could keep bits of cars in the rear garden for when i need them. Invite my mates round and party til the wee hours..

fourbanger
    Free Member

Can you think of a way of gaining access to your drive without driving over the verge?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hyperbole and moral superiority what a surprise

kelvin

Not enough sympathy for the old dear here it seems.
    Back in her day, everyone wanted the front of their property to look nice, it reflected on them personally.
    If she wants to keep up standards, and her neighbour doesn’t care or understand, it must be frustrating for her.

Jamie
    Free Member

How have I missed this?

Sod’s law.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Sod’s law.

Yeah, I feel like a right divot. You’d think someone would have grassed.

Jamie
    Free Member

True, but it’s a pretty forlorn state of affairs.

perchypanther
    Free Member

But you must admit, the debate has come a fair way.

Having said that, I’m border this and I’m on the verge of giving up. I can’t take any mower.

Jamie
    Free Member

This punning has got too turf for me. I concede.

deadkenny
    Free Member

tymbian – Member 
    Let’s put this bed.

Stick the bed outside her house.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Ironically, making puerile puns seems to be one of the least childish and stupid things to have happened in this thread…..but at least no one fell out about it.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 311 total)

The topic ‘Neighbor again..ffs’ is closed to new replies.