Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 311 total)
  • Neighbor again..ffs
  • fourbanger
    Free Member

I’d be miffed if that were my grass you’d wrecked. Give us a google satellite shot of your drive. Pretty sure your photo does not tell the whole story.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

OP needs to learn about respect IMO. that’s something a lot of van-men lack.

juanghia
    Free Member

If that was my grass I’d have sunk a bollard in there over night as you slept.

Your only course of action is as follows:

Get someone in to turf the grass over, a very large bouquet of flowers, an even bigger box of chocolates.

And in terms of apologies I’d be thinking of something along the lines of a flotilla of biplanes trailing ‘sorry I’m such a dick’ signs from behind, followed by the red arrows dropping a thousand red rose and then you can go and park your van somewhere else and learn some respect.

Should just about cover it.

Cletus

OP needs to learn about respect IMO. that’s something a lot of van-men lack.

Vanist 😀

xico
    Free Member

Interesting how these threads develop, isn’t it? I was sort of with the OP at the start, but now, having seen the size of his van and the damage done, I’m not so sure!

nealglover
    Free Member

When a car parks opposite theres no way I can get my van off the drive without hooking a right before my rear wheels are on eithdr the tarmac path or road.

I bet there is, you may need to reverse a bit first though.
    Make it a “manoeuvre” rather than just driving out.

By the way, everyone has presumed that’s your van in the picture. Is it ?

tpbiker
    Free Member

how about put down a few bits of wood to protect the lawn as you drive over, take you 2 seconds to put them down and remove them again each time you leave the property.

you are definitely in the wrong here i’m afraid.

franksinatra

Just as well the Op doesn’t drive a lorry because some would still argue it is his right to park on the drive irrespective of any collateral damage.

Op is in the wrong simple.

nairnster
    Free Member

So you cant get on the drive without going over the grass either.

Before you ever had to drive off, you had to drive on and over the grass. That should have told you the van was too big to use the drive.

If you had a larger vehicle would you have just wiped out the wall to get on there?

I agree with others. Time to stop just driving out, but turn it into manoeuvre so you **** up the grass in front of your wall instead.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Why don’t you widen your driveway to the left so you can swing further over before you swing right and miss the grass.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Could you get a cargo bike instead?

simmy
    Free Member

If anyone did park on the right, how would you get out if there was cars parked opposite ?

I’ve a situation were I’ve a drive at the back of my house but I’ve double gates on it. Despite 2 massive keep clear signs and a dropped kerb, morons still park across it. I’ve resorted to parking the van across when the cars in the drive or I’m out in it and vice – versa.

Bit of a faff, but means I can get to work and it keeps an extra space free in the street.

CountZero

Arguable why people need huge vans parked in residential areas of course. Do you have a work place and if so can’t you park the van there and commute there?

Bloody hell but that is pretty damned rich coming from the STW crowd who are constantly posting up threads asking everyone to admire the sodding great van they’re considering buying to replace their family car, and now you hypocritical buggers are slagging off someone who has a van that’s exactly the same size and who actually needs it for work, instead of wanting one to pose around with.
    If it was me, I’d spend £30 on a square metre of high quality artificial grass to put over that corner, with some of that plastic mesh underneath to help support it. The best stuff looks exactly like real grass, so the old bat would have no excuse for complaining about it looking unsightly.
    As far as damage being caused to verges like that by cars, you should see the corner of one junction just along the road from me, there is a huge pit that’s been eroded, and all of the kerbstones have been pushed over, when it rains there’s a large puddle that’s around a metre from apex to the inner edge, and probably two metres across; that has been caused by the local buses cutting across the corner as they swing out onto the main road, and the council don’t seem to give a toss, so I’m pretty sure any complaints to the council about the OP’s slight transgression will be met with rolled eyes.

tymbian
    Free Member

Davidtaylforth I hope thats a joke right?? If not how does f*ck off sound? I drive a white van an you think you know me? What a dickish comment.
    I will have a look at contacting the council and look at possibilities of driveway widening. And yes it is my van. I have a 4m load length for timber, sheet goods etc. I’ve also a work-bench in there a storage space for bikes when I go away. Most of you seem to want me sell the van, give up my self-employed existance. I could then buy an Audi, drive and look like an even bigger **** when I’ve a roof rack that says look at me and my shiny Enduro bikes. Never again bother the old lady who has tried to tell me its my fault her husband was in ICU, had me take down my shed. Will light a bonfire everytime washing goes on the line…
    Some of you seem to be missing the point. If it was a family saloon car you’ld still clip the grass.
    What if it was a camper would i have to park that down the road outside someone elses house? Should I ask my neighbors not to have so many cars so there’s room for mine. Maybe I should ask them to come home from work after me and leave before me…

nairnster
    Free Member

You DO NOT HAVE TO clip that bit of grass.

Why cant you drive straight, reverse back and left onto whatever is infront of your wall, then drive off?

weeksy

You have to understand, we’ve only got part of the story. So it looks a lot like you’ve got a massive van and could potentially try harder. We may be wrong, but that’s how it looks with the information we have.

kelron
    Free Member

Ignore the people saying you shouldn’t have a van, if you need it you need it.

But… you should try to find a solution that doesn’t involve making a mess of her grass. Whether that’s a wider driveway, artificial grass, yellow lines opposite I don’t know. Regardless of how she behaves towards you this isn’t a problem she’s caused.

tymbian
    Free Member

From this position I can not turn left without clipping the black gate-post

nairnster
    Free Member

Yep, should be reversing back onto the grass in front of your hedge.

Could try harder. You are doing nothing to avoid the conflict. It just strikes me as you being lazy and just driving out shortest route possible.

weeksy

Get rid of post and 3′ of hedge, make drive 3′ wider, you’ll have plenty of room?

martinhutch

Take down the gate post and a metre of hedge and turn left over your own verge. Problem solved.

Jamie
    Free Member

As an aside, your verge looks lovely and verdant, OP 🙂

growinglad
    Free Member

OP, don’t stress mate, she sounds like an old witch..is she really old…reckon she’s got much time left?

It’s a bit of grass, you need the van for work, there’s not more you can do.

Bollards to the old bat.

allthepies
    Free Member

Ah, the attitude which makes Britain great.

Jamie
    Free Member

I assume growling lad is joshing.

Right? Right?

nealglover
    Free Member

😆

You’re going to get a lot of driving lessons from people who’ve never driven a van shortly.

Fwiw, from that pic, it look like a piece of piss to go in either direction.

tymbian
    Free Member

@ nairnster..if my van doesn’t fit when I drive out that way why will it fit if I reverse that way?
    Yes my verge does look alright dedpite my neighbor driving over it evetytime he parks in front of his Landy that’s stuck on his drive.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

How about moving the black gate post, assuming it’s yours, so you can get out?

nairnster
    Free Member

Because you can reverse back onto your grass instead of turning straight away.

And to be honest, it looks pretty easy to get out. You just cant be arsed.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m with the OP.
    But.. I’d offer to either have artificial grass put on the corner or take a metre of grass up & stick some flags down. It’s not like she can even see the grass from the house & It wouldn’t be as much for her to cut (assuming she actually cuts it)
    Life’s a tiny bit too short to be arsed about that much grass mud.

Cougar

Unless that photo is misleading, it looks like you’ve shitloads of room there and you’ve made a right bloody mess of the land outside someone else’s house. Like I said before, turn slightly left as you’re coming out, then swing it round to the right.

And if you can’t get a family car in and out of there I’d suggest driving lessons, that’s blatantly mince.

And with my <mod> hat on for a second, cool the aggressive responses please. </mod>

simmy
    Free Member

Keep the peace either way, do something about the grass as suggested, or take some of your side away so you can swing over your side.

Like I’ve said, I’d be wary of such a tight space as if someone parks near the damaged grass, you can’t get out easily.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Biscuit anyone?

Jamie
    Free Member

And with my <mod> hat on for a second, cool the aggressive responses please. </mod>

Yeah! You want some!?

Spill my pint!?! Wheelspin on my grass!?!

mattyfez

I’d be more annoyed at the van parked inconsideratly opposite your drive, forcing you to churn up the grass when you want to gain access.

franksinatra

Will light a bonfire everytime washing goes on the line…

Wow, that is some commitment. She must have a lot of stuff to burn to have a bonfire on standby for every time you hang the washing out.

Have we established who owns the grass yet? If that was mine I’d be pissed of as well

Have you thought about asking a better driver to help you out with the parking?

tymbian
    Free Member

Approx 4.5m – 5m from red car to black post. 6m+ van.

Council tennant so I’ll have to ask about moving the post. My philosophy is that I do not want to negatively impact someones life so being at logger-heads with this person is not on my agenda.With this in mind I absolutely detest someone trying to encroach on my and my family’s wellbeing.
    I do reckon her greenhouse in the back garden is less than a meter from the fence though.
    Make your own mind up anout her. My fence was behind the fence that is behind my van now and she complained to the council that it blocked her view.

weeksy

.Life’s a tiny bit too short to be arsed about that much grass mud.

Sure, if it’s you doing it to your own grass.if it’s someone else doing it to my grass, I’m taking a strop

franksinatra

My fence was behind the fence that is behind my van now and she complained to the council that it blocked her view.

Eh? What fence is who’s fence is where?

jekkyl

5 pages & counting, about some old biddy’s grass.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 311 total)

The topic ‘Neighbor again..ffs’ is closed to new replies.