Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 311 total)
  • Neighbor again..ffs
  • martinhutch

I take it that’s her front garden behind the wall? Yes, I can see why that might miff her a bit. I imagine you could probably get a car on and off without turning it into a muddy mess.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Arguable why people need huge vans parked in residential areas of course. Do you have a work place and if so can’t you park the van there and commute there?

Besides that, I bet you can do a multi-point turn and avoid the verge.

Not that the verge is her property, but then the council may not be all that happy either. I can see concern that the mud spreads onto the path and if she slips up on it then you have bigger issues.

convert

Is that actually a drop kerb in front of your drive? Doesn’t look like it but it might be my crap eyes.Also, what happens if you come out facing the other way down the road?Presumably you would be trashing the bit in front of your own house instead of hers.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Junkyard
    Free Member

seems to me that turning the other way is the best option here

She is being annoying but she has a teeny bit of a point

tymbian
    Free Member

The patch of grass is in front of her boundry wall. I can see why it might annoy her as well but I have no other way to get out once on.
    If anyone’s going to say then dont park on my drive in 99% of the time there’s no other parking on my street as it’s full. Some residents will park a car on their drive and put two on the road. My neighbour to the left has an off-road lanrover hobby thing on his drive which hasn’t moved for over a year. So he’ll park on the road as will his girfriend.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Astroturf it when she’s not looking.

drlex
    Free Member
    jam-bo

It might be the only way to get out but does that make it ok?

tymbian
    Free Member

If there aren’t any cars parked to the left then I can turn left out of my drive. If there are cars there then its even narrower and I can’t turn up the road as the road narrows…and no I dont have a single place of work that I can commute to.
    Yes dropped kerb.

iolo
    Free Member

If my neighbour constantly did that to the path in front of my house, I’d not be too pleased either. I’d plant a nice rosebush there and a few rocks.

teasel
    Free Member

Standards are slipping, guys.

That drain is a shit mess and needs clearing…

Junkyard
    Free Member

explain to her your issue then park it on the kerb outside her house 😉

TBH i would not care personally about this but you need a solution if she is going to be arsey and i would look for one tat annoyed her personally as I think its a bit petty

weeksy

If it were me, I’d not be happy with it seeing the picture.

funkmasterp

Any way to widen your drive OP? surely that would solve the issue if it’s possible.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Given how others park in the street, this seems the only way that the OP can use his own drive to park his own vehicle.

Seems reasonable to me, the council can hard surface the corner (which isn’t the neighbours property?) or double yellow some of the street.

twonks

Looking at the pic, I think you approaching the council may not be a good idea.

The road and drive is more than big enough for a car to enter and exit without damaging the grass. Because you have a large commercial vehicle the council might just tell you to do one – or send you a bill for the grass.

Hard to say what is right and wrong as you need the van for your job but, I wouldn’t really be bothered about the grass damage if I was your neighbour. If she didn’t have a wall seperating her garden from the front then maybe different.

She’s probably more miffed that you are anti social and horrible because you drive a van. 😆

weeksy

.Given how others park in the street, this seems the only way that the OP can use his own drive to park his own vehicle.

Seems reasonable to me, the council can hard surface the corner (which isn’t the neighbours property?) or double yellow some of the street.

If he didn’t have the massive van, we wouldn’t even be needing the discussion. He could easily park a smaller one. I fail to see how it’s the neighbours fault or the other people parking.

tymbian
    Free Member

I wish it wasn’t as it is but I’ve no other option. As for the road being wide enough you wouldnt be able do drive an average size car ( 5 series or family MPV ) out of the drive without cutting across at least the pavement..

nealglover
    Free Member

massive van

Did I miss the van size being discussed or is that another bit of “imagination” to suit a point of view ?
    Apologies if I did indeed miss it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

If he didn’t have the massive van, we wouldn’t even be needing the discussion.

Fake news!

He could easily park a smaller one. I fail to see how it’s the neighbours fault or the other people parking.

No one is saying it is.

🙄

topper

Nothing useful to add but it looks like the section of carriageway adjacent to the dropped kerb is on its way out.

Cougar

As for the road being wide enough you wouldnt be able do drive an average size car ( 5 series or family MPV ) out of the drive without cutting across at least the pavement..

With respect, I’m not sure as I believe that. Though it’s hard to tell with a bloody great van in the way (-:

Out of interest, where does the property boundary actually end? You say the grass isn’t hers, but your drive appears to extend right up to the pavement. Does the council own the last couple of feet of your drive?

How wide is the dropped kerb, I can’t tell from the photo?

ulysse
    Free Member

Why do folk assume a vehicle is less likely to be targeted by thieves by parking on a drive, where they are more likely to have cover, have the homeowners distracted sat gawping at a loud idiot tube on the chimney breast of the sitting room, be less likely to be challenged by passers by…

dannyh
    Free Member

Do exactly as you have been but whenever you have to talk to her just act with exaggerated good humour whilst not taking a jot of notice. With any luck she’ll spontaneously combust with pent up petty rage.

rickk

Tricky problem – from what I see if someone parks outside your neighbour’s house you can easily be blocked in because you can’t cut the corner to get out? Maybe as mentioned above you could look at widening your own exit a little?

Flaperon

Looking at the picture I think there’s an excellent chance that she owns that grass, unless you’re willing to concede that the council owns three feet of your drive.

hels
    Free Member

I live in a local town for local people, narrow old streets, some have driveways, some park on the street. A lot of the old duffers could barely hit their driveway if it was an airport runway. They put up polite little signs “please do not park here access needed to driveway opposite” (so not only have they bagged a space by dropping their kerb, they want the opposite one too) anyway, you could consider that ? Or ask the council to put yellow lines under that huge van.

Esme
    Free Member

Funkmasterp has the solution . . . widen your drive across the front of your property.
    Surely you have some suitable tools in that great big van to do the job yourself?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

All I can think is that there must be a better way to deal with this other than than to deliberately antagonise an a widowed OAP.

shifter
    Free Member

Jeezus that’s a big van, why would you buy one that big if parking is tight at your property?

Cougar

Looking at the picture I think there’s an excellent chance that she owns that grass, unless you’re willing to concede that the council owns three feet of your drive.

That’s where I was coming from too, aye.

Jamie
    Free Member

I an inclined to side with the neighbour.

Can you park the van somewhere else where it’ll be safe? Then just bike/walk to pick it up?

tjagain

You

Did you say council house? Round here commercial vehicles are not allowed to park in council house parking but that’s flats not houses

Jamie
    Free Member

You

Me?

tjagain

Typo cos i am on a tablet

allthepies
    Free Member

diazepam ?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Be nice
    Bake her a cake
    Don’t forget the Picolax you have left over…..
    Will go well with the Diazepam

zanelad
    Free Member

Widen your drive so that you can start the manoeuvre further to your left.

outofbreath
    Free Member

My opinion: Use your initiative and find a way to avoid that corner of grass.

Make some gesture to the old lady to make her feel better.

mefty
    Free Member

What you need to do is install a ramp so you can put the van on two wheels, thus sailing over the grass.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 311 total)

The topic ‘Neighbor again..ffs’ is closed to new replies.