Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 203 total)
  • Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full
  • nuke

F-14 flying after the title shot… intriguing as only Iranian F-14s now flying

Looks ace…all the same stuff again. I’m in

Harry_the_Spider

Good stuff! The “blow through” looked ace!

I assume that he has sufficent clout to be filmed in the back seat of a real F18 and that the inflight scenes where you can see the back of the aircraft aren’t CGI.

crazy-legs

F-14 flying after the title shot… intriguing as only Iranian F-14s now flying

They already admitted that was CGI.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Amazing! Any chat on what the last plane is meant to be? New stealth?

Drac

Happened to me also!

I went full American with a **** yeah!

scuttler

I presume moustachioed bloke who wants to fight him is Goose Jnr.

scuttler

Ref the “don’t piss the Chinese off or they’ll take your pocket money off you” threads back there they’re even at it with the footballists now….

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Full of chessy goodness.

Nice “SR-72” at the end.  Still have a soft spot for the Tomcat though (stealth/F18/F14/F-35 range/performance is probably another thread).

Drac

Ref the “don’t piss the Chinese off or they’ll take your pocket money off you” threads back there they’re even at it with the footballists now….

🤷🏻‍♂️

cookeaa

Proper goosebumps stuff.

Unfortunate turn of phrase, not sure he’s completely over it still…

leffeboy

oh my, looks like they know why the last movie worked and they are eager to deliver.

a lot

dashed
    Free Member

Awful. Truly awful.

Can’t wait 😊

Kryton57

I wonder what the age range is?   Kryton Jnr – 11 when it comes out – would love this.  I can shield his eyes from the inevitable shagging bit.

In fact, introducing him to TG No 1 during Christmas would be an awesome idea!

mattbee

After watching that trailer I just watched the original again.
    Its both awful <span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>and absolutely amazing at the same time.
    One thing that is great is that modern tv and surround sound make the ‘14s sound mega. </span>

scuttler

I presume moustachioed bloke who wants to fight him is Goose Jnr.

Moustachioed one looks all pensive when the narration / voiceover says ‘death’.

Moustachioed one is definitely callsign ‘Gosling’.

Nobby

I can’t believe you haven’t already!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Make it a double header with The Final Countdown for the full war machine overload!

crazy-legs

https://images.app.goo.gl/fChKR2FAToQMCaEKA

Someone needs to edit the original Top Gun to remove the reference to “present day” now that there’s a sequel set in erm… the present day and 30 years after the first!

Drac

Well even if the story is shit the flying scenes are going to be epic.

Yak

^ cor, it’s going to be great. Might have to watch the original tonight now after seeing that.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Just came on here to share that. So its real, not cgi. Amazing. Just cannot wait, dont care if the plot is worse than sharknado!

richmtb

Say what you like about Tom Cruise but his conviction to putting himself on the line and “doing his own stunts” has to be admired.

Using physical shots for most of the flying is a brilliant decision

tomhoward

Doesn’t suck to be Tom Cruise, does it?

Drac

He certainly makes the most of life from his chosen career.

Kryton57

Well, I showed my kid both trailers.   Not only does he want to watch both, he was grinning ear to ear with excitement – it reminded my slightly of how I felt when I saw it at a young(er) age.

He now wants to be a Fighter Pilot…

mav12
    Free Member

No sign of iceman yet,
    cant wait for this think it will be a corker

mrchrispy

looks utter gorgonzola.

i.can.not.wait

Northwind

BONG

Saw the trailer on the big screen tonight, it was pretty AWESOME

BONG

On the other hand, there’s one really obvious mistake- they’ve put a woman in their homoerotic sports scene.

Kryton57

a woman

Good grief, a woman in this day and age *eye roll at Northwind*….

Watched TG1 with Jnr last night it was of course AWESOOOOOOOMMMMME….  😀

Drac

Women flying too instead of being in the typing, obviously it’s a fantasy.

andrewreay

***SPOLIER ALERT***

The ‘leaks’ suggest it is going to be faithful to the original.

Negative Ghostrider….

Flying scenes largely non-CGI too. Av geek photographers have spotted 2 seat F18s in the US version of The Mach Loop painted with ‘Maverick’ on the side and full of fancy cameras.

Clearly some CGI (F14, SR-72, female pilots 😉), but looks like many of the hard yards have been done for real.

Bring it on!

PS exaggerated throttle and control column movements also seem to remain in fashion 👍👍👍

sani2c
    Free Member

Permission to buzz the tower

Drac

Av geek photographers have spotted 2 seat F18s in the US version of The Mach Loop painted with ‘Maverick’ on the side and full of fancy cameras.

The video by Paramount on page 4 shows you that. 😅

fooman

Mrs foo has expressed an interest in seeing it, I didn’t know she was that into aviation and fighter planes. Seems like the cinema will be full of women of a certain age.

Kryton57

exaggerated throttle and control column movements

I just saw the trailer again in an isense cinema – the deck takeoff jolt and full throttle bang goes right through your seat.  Very awesome and slightly scary!  That is where I’ll be watching this.

crazy-legs

exaggerated throttle and control column movements

Everyone knows that the fly-by-wire controls on multi-million dollar fighter jets only work when banged violently to the extremes of their travel! 😉

Can’t remember the specifics of it but there’s a scene in the original movie where he says something about “hit the brakes and he’ll fly right by” but then the camera shot shows him pushing the throttle to max power.

Northwind

Kryton57

Subscriber

Good grief, a woman in this day and age *eye roll at Northwind*….

Think you missed my point there. Not totally sure how.

mashr

Can’t remember the specifics of it but there’s a scene in the original movie where he says something about “hit the brakes and he’ll fly right by” but then the camera shot shows him pushing the throttle to max power.

Silly head, that was the handbrake

Kryton57

Think you missed my point there.

No I think you missed mine.   Its a bit biased to a have homophobic scene in 2019, there should really be eye candy for men, women and all members of the LGBT community (sorry if I’ve missed a category) surely.

Anyway lets keep it about planes, fire and loud noises.

Mikkel
    Free Member

When I saw the original in the cinema at the exact point he cranks the brake there was a powercut and all cinema went black for 5 Min.

Can’t wait for new one.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 203 total)

The topic ‘Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full’ is closed to new replies.