Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 203 total)
  • Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full
  • franksinatra

P-Jay, you need to learn to lighten up and accept that cinema can be about escapism.

Perhaps you are just trying to Lead Me On with trolling but I am not sure why, your trolling is Destination Unknown. I suspect You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling for action films and your in the Danger Zone of not seeing it for what it is, just a pilot Playing With The Boys on Hot Summer Nights. The film may not be Heaven in Your Eyes but, for for most of us, the film holds brilliant Memories.

* I may be listening to the Top Gun playlist on Spotify.

footflaps

* I may be listening to the Top Gun playlist on Spotify.

I just watched the opening scene to the original on Youtube whilst pretending to be hacking bash. Still awesome after all these years…..

IHN

The F14 at the end looked CGI-ey. The rest, if they are, are blimmin’ good.

thepurist

I just watched the opening scene to the original on Youtube whilst pretending to be hacking bash.

#NotAEuphemism  #HomoeroticUndertones

vinnyeh

The F14 at the end looked CGI-ey. The rest, if they are, are blimmin’ good.

No F-14’s flying outside of Iran anymore. Not even for Top Gun.

If it is set 34 years after the original then Goose Jnr, let’s call him Gosling, is going to be at least 36 years old, if he was the toddler in the original film. This makes him a kind of old to be doing flight school and “slippery” boy band beach volleyball.

Who really cares about timelines?

I just want to know whether they’ve got Harold Faltemeyer and Steve Stevens back.

retro83
    Free Member

vinnyeh

No F-14’s flying outside of Iran anymore. Not even for Top Gun.

Yep, they borrowed one from a museum, doesn’t fly thoguh.

We Got Some Walkaround Photos Of The F-14 Tomcat Used For The Filming Of “Top Gun: Maverick”

footflaps

today | sed ‘s/work/top gun on youtube/g’

vinnyeh

They borrowed one from a museum

Yeah, but it doesn’t fly, that’s what I meant.

retro83
    Free Member

vinnyeh

Yeah, but it doesn’t fly, that’s what I meant.

Yes sorry, I realised I worded my post badly but you caught me mid-edit.

PJM1974
    Free Member

You cannot possibly have Top Gun without an F-14 Tomcat. Fact.

franksinatra

Does anyone know what certificate the film will be? I want to take my 10 year old son.

Drac

Don’t worry P-Jay you can go and watch Cats instead.

IHN

I bet it’s a 12, or PG-12.

P-Jay
    Free Member

P-Jay, you need to learn to lighten up and accept that cinema can be about escapism.

I’m in a bit of a wind-up mood today, and hey I said I’d enjoy it ha ha.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Maverick was a fresh faced young (24) Captain

Don’t Navy ranks work differently to army ranks? Ie Captain is a senior officer? Ergo Maverick wouldn’t have been a captain in the first one, would he?

Also calls in to question the way the talk with Tom Cruise standing to attention in front of Ed Harris is done. Isn’t a Captain a bit high up the chain to be standing to attention getting balled out? (But also a bit Junior for someone who’s still in the military in their mid 50s.)

I can only suspend my disbelief so far…

I loved TG but I can’t see how the sequel is going to work. Hope I’m wrong.

You cannot possibly have Top Gun without an F-14 Tomcat. Fact.

This.

franksinatra

Don’t Navy ranks work differently to army ranks? Ie Captain is a senior officer? Ergo Maverick wouldn’t have been a captain in the first one, would he?

Also calls in to question the way the talk with Tom Cruise standing to attention in front of Ed Harris is done. Isn’t a Captain a bit high up the chain to be standing to attention getting balled out? (But also a bit Junior for someone who’s still in the military in their mid 50s.)

Stop thinking now.

Drac

I can only suspend my disbelief so far…

Clearly not that far.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Maverick wouldn’t have been a captain in the first one, would he?

Apparently he was an LT in the first one, Captain now. TBH to a muggle like me when it comes to boats and planes Driver=Captain.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Stop thinking now.

Safe to assume that’s a prerequisite for watching this film.

I’m getting the following vibe:

Might have some good airplane action. All else will be utter balls.

Drac

Might have some good airplane action. All else will be utter balls.

Hope so as that’s why the first was so bad but good.

shermer75
    Free Member

Mikkel
    Free Member

i want to know why he is wearing a pressure suit.
    What else is he flying?

Harry_the_Spider

He sleeps in it breathing pure oxygen to keep young.

stevied
    Free Member

What else is he flying?

Probably an F-35

MrPottatoHead

Whilst this thread has traction..

Does anyone else think it sounds like someone lets rip with a fart right in the middle of “Playing with the boys”?

The film is going to be terrible…and I’ll be right there with a ticket on release day.

phiiiiil

I wonder if Hot Shots will be getting a re-boot to!

In the bit of the trailer with the motorbike next to the runway I was waiting for the speedbumps…

stevied
    Free Member

Thanks to this thread I now have this stuck in my head:

stu170
    Free Member

I had a GPz900R. I thought this film was ace!

Pretty sure that they used a 750 with 900 fairing as Tom was too small to ride the big boy bike

outofbreath
    Free Member

For them that like a bit of Naval Aviation action in their films “Bridges of Toko Ri” is worth a look. Top Gun-esque flying sequences and aircraft carrier action but in a much earlier era. Can’t remember if the film itself is any good, mind ewe.

pondo

Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod – it’s the flying stuff, that looks SO cool! 🙂

El-bent
    Free Member

This is a leave your brain at the cinema door movie, which is very much in common with a trump convention audience, delivered in 2020 to make America great again.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Is Kelly McGillis still the love interest? And why no Tom Skerritt ffs…

Harry_the_Spider

Please don’t bring politics in to this.

Fast planes, fast bikes, Ed Harris, gay volleyball and Jennifer Connelly. It doesn’t need tainting with reality.

Harry_the_Spider

Ed Harris is playing the McGillis role.

nealglover
    Free Member

Pretty sure that they used a 750 with 900 fairing as Tom was too small to ride the big boy bike

Both same seat height and the 750 was wider.

Little Tom would have been better on the 900 👍

richmtb

Maverick was a Lieutenant in the first one, equivalent to the rank of Captain in the US Army. If he is a Captain now then that’s equivalent to the rank of Colonel so pretty senior. A flying Navy Captain would typically be in command of an air wing. It not really unrealistic for Maverick to have ended up with the rank of Captain, so I’m not sure why Ed Harris is having a go at our hero!

Harry_the_Spider

Ed McGillis is having a pop at li’l Tom because he/she isn’t getting the pillion thrills of 34 years ago. No longer does Mav boast to her about taking pictures of Migs inverted at 4g.

Drac

Maverick to have ended up with the rank of Captain, so I’m not sure why Ed Harris is having a go at our hero!

Maybe he spilt his coffee? Twice.

Cougar

If it is set 34 years after the original then Goose Jnr, let’s call him Gosling, is going to be at least 36 years old

Just saying… Ryan Gosling is 38…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 203 total)

The topic ‘Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full’ is closed to new replies.