Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Needle roller shock bushes- thoughts?
  • bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

After replacing my worn shock bushes on my dhx5 air and stumbled across these on the beted website:
    http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/items.asp?CategoryID=231&Name=Fox+Needle+Roller+Bearing
    Anybody tried them? Do they offer any performance improvement over std bushes? Also do they last as long ?

bland

Total and utter waste of time unless the pivot moves upwards of 90degrees, which it wont

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Obviously bland has tried them and so speaks from experience, but I also have them and find they last better on my bike than either the original Fox bushes or the plastic ones whose name I have forgotten.

However, I would say it is marginal whether they last so much longer to justify the extra cost, and I can’t honestly say that I have noticed any difference in the suspension action.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

note many gudgeon pins use needle rollers (piston engines) and the angular rotation is only about 30 degrees…

smiff
    Free Member

http://enduroforkseals.com/id275.html

yeah i think they feel better, but i’m very light (hence low pressures) and aware of what suspension is doing.. ymmv.

rootes1

note many gudgeon pins use needle rollers (piston engines) and the angular rotation is only about 30 degrees…

and many just use a plain bearing, needles are more common on 2 stroke due to the differing lubrication strategy for 2 strokes. on a 4 strokes with a pressure oil system the oil is the bearing.

needles are good though they are not tolerant of misalignment or grit/dirt

metal backed acetal bushes work well.

for bike shock links doubt you could tell the difference between any types…

MadPierre

They go rusty and seize unlike a standard bush so I wouldn’t bother

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Think I’ll order the “bog standard” bushes then. Thanks for the responses.

LoCo
    Free Member

Polymer ones are best bet price v performance/wear wise

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Needle roller shock bushes- thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.