Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Needle bearings for shock mounts
  • sslowpace
    Free Member

Ordering some bearings from Enduro, and saw that they now do needle roller bearings for your shock mounts.
    For the limited rotation the shock gets, are these worth a go?
    Roughly £30.

cynic-al
    Free Member

It's about wear rather than rotation Shirley?

Onzadog
    Free Member

do you rattle through the DU type ones very quickly? If not, I'd leave well alone.

Leku
    Free Member

The Yeti ASR comes with needle bearings to the shock linkage but the BETD kit uses sealed bearings.

Needle bearing can with-stand much higher loadings (but have no sealing) and sealed bearings are better sealed (but aren't so good with loading).

I've gone with the needle bearings as the Yeti is my 'dry weather' bike.

I know nothing about bearings but this is what BETD told me.

sslowpace
    Free Member

Cheers. No wear at the moment so will save the cash.

retro83
    Free Member

I'm using them. Stiction is eliminated. Suprised they don't use them as standard to be honest. Enduro/real world cycling are good to deal with as well.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I'm going to try them as I get through shock bushes fast – it's about that rather than rotational stiction. I've just bought a load of Igus nylon bushes only to find that the BETD stainless 'strong bushing' seems to have worn so I need a new one of those too. That's £15, so I reckon it's worth a try of the needle bearing kits (which are sealed BTW).

Coincidentallly I'd just emailed RWC to see if they do one for my bike/shock combo before I saw this thread.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Needle bearings for shock mounts’ is closed to new replies.