Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Needing new van … sorta torn between a VW Crafter or a VW Transporter
  • ratswithwings
    Free Member

Needing new van. Have my eyes on the VW transporter or Crafter.

looking at spending around 5 grand.

Had a transit before and want to avoid having to do rust abatement every year.

We tend do a month in the van every summer. usually take bikes and surf boards.

Tending towards the crafter for space but aesthetically I do feel for the transporter.

Any views peeps?

legend
    Free Member

Do you ever have to use it for normal day to day driving? Commuting/shopping/etc? If no, get the big van 8)

ratswithwings
    Free Member

No I don’t use it for commuting, do a bit a round town in it though. It would be the main vehicle…. well the only vehicle!!

Torn between big space in the crafter but liking the look of the tranny.

Does anyone have a crafter, just wondering what its like on mileage … ditto on the transporter I guess.

redstripe
    Free Member

Toyota Hiace D4D with 102 or 120 engine

VanMan
    Free Member

If you are looking at the Crafter, might want to check prices on the MB Sprinter as it is the same vehicle. Round my way Sprinters are cheaper second hand as there are more of them.

sykik
    Free Member

I run two cr35 Tdi Crafter vans at work, both with long wheelbase and they have hardly skipped a beat. They are very good vans, much better than their Mercedes Sprinter counterparts IMO. One is currently having a turbo repaired after about 55000 miles but that is more to do with the way it’s driven i suspect. Economy wise, my guys average about 22 pence per mile in them and they are known to be fairly heavy footed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Needing new van … sorta torn between a VW Crafter or a VW Transporter’ is closed to new replies.