Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Need to Vent
  • warton
    Free Member

OP,

great to see things are on the up. My second was ill after a very traumatic birth, he was in special care for 4 days. He’s fitting fit now, 1st birthday in 2 weeks :-).

one word of warning though, make sure you wife is OK. My wife bottled up a lot with regards to the birth and Noah’s illness, shes been off work for 3 months now with Post natal depression, it has been very hard on all of us for quite some time now.

maybe suggest she talks to someone, you too maybe?

all the best, kids are great 🙂

EDIT:

He then went onto explain that my wife’s previous C-section scar had given way during delivery, and the baby had literally fallen out of the uterus inside her, and was drowning in blood.

Holy shit that is grim. great to hear they both fully recovered.

mogrim

Been following this one, nice to see the baby’s getting better!

freeagent – 😯

Torminalis
    Free Member

Well, I wasn’t expecting this. We have just passed the 6 month mark and this thread has bought on a wave of emotion… erm… dust.

Fantastic news that the littl’un is on the up.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Freeagent… good god that sounds horrific. Relieved to get to the end of that and see it was a good outcome.

Kryton57

Bloody hell free agent.

Funkmasterp,, I’m glad things are improving.

clipper68
    Free Member

Our twin boys were born a couple of weeks premature. Both ended up in incubators. Both were quite ill to start with and I remember feeling as you did sat between the two of the thinking how small they were. (4.5lb each)
    They are now 13 and a right pair.
    They’ve been through some strife, broken bones, sticks sticking out of legs etc. and they are both perfectly fine and healthy.
    One doctor once said to me about children’s injuries and ailments ” as long as all the parts are in the same room, they’ll be fine!”

funkmasterp

Going much better today, last bloods came back with normalised infection levels. It’s now monitoring to make sure the antibiotics do there job and building his strength up.

Reading what some of you have been through, freeagent in particular, has helped me to realise that in some respects we have been lucky.

The missus is improving too, had a good chat with a midwife today and we have an awesome nurse on shift tonight.

The main things I have taken away from this are how much I adore this little fella. How much I love my partner and how bloody brilliant the staff here at Macclesfield hospital are.

Once again, thanks for the moral support, care, laughs and the sharing of your experiences. They have truly helped me over this last week. Once I figure out how to post photos from my phone I’ll do so 🙂

gogg
    Free Member

Dirty baby

, he’s going to follow in his fathers tracks and ride MTB. A real mudplugger by the sounds of things.

Glad he’s on the mend, had a similar (but not quite so heavy) experience with my second at 4 days old, off to hospital, lost bodyweight, limp, lethargic. Turned out Mrs Gogg’s (who was breastfeeding thanks to the “breast-nazis”) milk hadn’t really come in and the poor little soul was being starved.

While we waited in a paediatric A&E, I got a bottle of formula from them and fed her, saved her from being intubated and one night under UV to improve the jaundice, we had her back home. Horrible time, but fortunately it all came good.

Parenting, it’s like biking, pleasure and pain in equal measure.

wwaswas

Freeagent – my wife came close to that. She ended up with a planned Cesarian for our second child – they said during it that if she’d have gone into labour she would have suffered a similar problem to your wife as her uterus had stretched so much around the scar tissue from the first cesarian it was paper thin.

Given all the possible problems there are with pregnancy and birth I’m always amazed at how successful humanity has been as a species.

SammyC
    Free Member

Glad he’s on the mend, had a similar (but not quite so heavy) experience with my second at 4 days old, off to hospital, lost bodyweight, limp, lethargic. Turned out Mrs Gogg’s (who was breastfeeding thanks to the “breast-nazis”) milk hadn’t really come in and the poor little soul was being starved.

We had that with our first, and “breast-nazis” is probably the only way to describe how I feel towards those people. We even had a Dr say to us on the ward when we were in whilst he recovered “Well you know breast IS best…”, I nearly decked the chump.

Do whatever you need to do to get the little blighter well again, it sounds like you are but just always remember that if you are not sure or happy about something, ask. There may be wrong answers but there are no wrong questions.

danrandon
    Free Member

We had a nurse quote the “breast is best” until i pointed out that children with a cleft palette will find it near on impossible to breast feed.

Oh how was she embarrassed. I asked her to leave and get a nurse who actually knew what she was on about.

kimbers

glad things are getting better
    defo want to see pics

Given all the possible problems there are with pregnancy and birth I’m always amazed at how successful humanity has been as a species.

there was a report on newsnight last night about childbirth in Sudan
    -we should all count ourselves very lucky

gogg
    Free Member

-we should all count ourselves very lucky

The NHS has it’s faults, but on the whole it’s a darn sight better than what a lot of the rest of the “developed” world has, let alone developing countries.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

The NHS has it’s faults, but on the whole it’s a darn sight better than what a lot of the rest of the “developed” world has, let alone developing countries.

Totally agree. Two babies on the NHS, the first of whom had a challenging birth (though nothing like the scale of things above). After the second birth my wife was bleeding heavily, so off to theatre she went (with me literally holding our new baby) – a worrying hour or so that was. All now healthy and happy 10+ years later.

Daughter was ill once on Christmas Day. We were in and out within 30 minutes or so, armed with free medication. Can’t grumble at that at all.

funkmasterp

Hello all, if Eben’s breathing starts to normal_ise over the next couple of days we should be able to go home 🙂

How do you post photos in this forum?

Thanks again everybody for the support and for sharing your experiences. For those who have children in hospital at the moment, our thoughts are with you and I hope you have them back home soon.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Great news 🙂

Posting images,all in the forum help.

scuttler

Nice one FMP! I’m really delighted for you all and really enjoy that trip home – at 20mph with 50m stopping distances 😉 And revel in your renewed view of the world and how insignificant most of the mundane stuff is.

To post photos you need to stick them on the web e.g. on flickr or FB and then rick click the image and select ‘Copy Image Location’. Then click on the IMG tag above and paste in the image location (make sure it ends in .jpg, .png or another image file format)

bearnecessities

Fantastic news FMP; if you can’t figure out posting pics, just send them to me (click on where it says “member” next to ‘bearnecessities’ and then click “profile” to show my email address) and I’ll get them posted up here for you.

Want to see cute baby pics!

johnj2000
    Free Member

Brilliant news lets see some pics then.

danrandon
    Free Member

Fantastic news Fmp can’t wait to see pics of the fighter

funkmasterp

I’ll post some more when we get home 🙂

pondo

Man, only just seen this thread – so glad it’s turned out reet! 🙂

Freeagent – I swear, that almost had me in tears. Might have taken some explaining in the office.

bearnecessities

That wins the internet for today!

doug_basqueMTB.com

Awesome! What a cutie. They are brilliant when they’re so small. We didn’t really have that, although ours was a good learner baby…no need to worry about handling her, she could have held a pint glass from day one! Really glad everything seems sorted for you guys.

kimbers

Jake25

Great news FMP 😀

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Need to Vent’ is closed to new replies.