Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Need some help regarding singlespeed build
  • JxL
    Free Member

I started building a singlespeed, using Kinesis Decade Virsa frame, which has both vertical (QR) dropouts, and 10mm horizontal.

Initially I thought about getting wheels with Hope Pro 2 hubs, which I believe can be easily converted to have 10mm axle, however I came across an even better wheelset for a price I can’t refuse with XTR hubs.

Now my questions… Which would be better? I know 10mm is “stiffer”, but it will be a lightweight build, so that will not matter. Also I will put some disc brakes, so would Vertical dropouts be easier to adjust the wheel than with chain tugs/horizontal dropout?

I realize if I use QR/vertical dropouts, I will need a chain tensioner. Are there any disadvantages other than the extra cost?

thanks!

cynic-al
    Free Member

std rear axle is 10mm. Are you confusing this with 12mm? Can’t imagine any benefit to that on a HT

JxL
    Free Member

Yes I could be be getting confused… On the website it says

This frame comes with:
    DMR – Swapout Dropout – Vertical
    DMR – Swapout Dropout – Horizontal – 10mm
    DMR – Chain Tug To Fit Swapout – Single Side

So is QR 10mm as well?

🙄

EDIT::

Heres a link to a picture of rear wheel: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/glasgowdan/wheels/IMG_0166-1.jpg?t=1242300559

thomthumb
    Free Member

yes rear qr is 10mm. HTH

mk1fan
    Free Member

Hope do a 10mm Bolt-In version of (and conversion kit for) the Pro II. If you’re running discs I’d have vertical drop outs and use a chain tensioner so the calliper alignment is easy.

D0NK

DMR – Chain Tug To Fit Swapout – Single Side

I presume any QR wheel with the supplied chaintug will be fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Need some help regarding singlespeed build’ is closed to new replies.