• This topic has 21 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by myti.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Need new Mattress, you have bought one recently ?
  • bukobuko
    Free Member

Recommend me one if you have please.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ikea hovag,  bought about 6 months ago, unbelievably comfy, sleep like a drunken baby.

rene59
    Free Member

Ikea something or other memory foam job. Cheap and comfy.

bukobuko
    Free Member

Ikea hovag That sounds great thanks.

somafunk

I slept on an ikea hidrasund round at a mates at the weekend…… omfg I’ve never felt so comfortable in my life, I don’t think I moved position all night.  I felt like crying when I got into my own bed at home last night with its shonky/cheap 5yr old sprung mattress that sags and rolls you in to the middle, I’m long overdue a decent replacement mattress but the price of the hidrasund is more than double what I really have to spare at the moment, I may brave a trip to ikea to try a hovag

FuzzyWuzzy

No personal experience but The Emma Original mattress is the highest rated on Which? at the moment (same price as the Ikea Hidrasund which gets a good review to). For a couple of hundred quid cheaper (£450) the Eve Hybrid gets a great review to. The Ikea Morgedal is the best rated cheap mattress (£165), gets a very good review to.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hovag was about 250 IIRC Soma?

davros

Firm hovag!

Sandwich

Just to present another point of view our test of the IKEA memory foam mattress did not go well. We both found it very uncomfortable and lacking in support. We ended up with an Eve mattress from Amazon with damaged packaging for cheapness. (It’s on an IKEA bed frame and very comfortable).

bruneep

+1 for firm hovag, the hovag is not memory foam

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, my hovag is firm too. Don’t like the idea of memory foam tbh.

ashweee
    Free Member

Bought myself an Emma mattress about 6 months ago and i can’t recommend it enough.

Delivery was really quick and they had £100 off at the time so the price was really competitive.

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t go to Beds Are Uzzz. Too bouncy.

My Mammoth is wonderful, but stupid money. I was feeling stupid at the time, but no regrets.

cynic-al
    Free Member

£200 IKEA which replaced a great £120 locally bought one, both sprung.

I tried them all in IKEA and didn’t see benefits to the more expensive ones.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Very opportune thread

We have an Ikea Morgedal Memory Foam Mattress.  It is truly awful.  It started off nice and soft, but now all the foam has compressed.

Other highly rate appears to be Tempur at approx. £2000 for the matress

CHB

We went through this two months ago. Looked at every brand going. We ended up buying a firm Hidrasund from IKEA. An amazingly comfy mattress. In hindsight I personally would have preferred the med/firm, but the firm is still very very comfy. In Kingsize with a new base is came to c£1000. The hidrasun is new in the IKEA range I think (in Leeds they don’t have a Damien Hirst cross section of one to view yet). But it is the thickest, heaviest thing ever. I also fitted an M&S thin mattress protector.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

That Emma original has 25% off at the minute.

DezB
    Free Member

Gosh. My Mammoth was quite cheap then!

Stoner
    Free Member

old thread for reference

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/lets-dig-deep-into-the-middle-class-seam-of-stw-mattresses/

be aware that due to the unique way this site is funded, the thread order is all shades of **** up

edhornby

we bought an Eve topper because our JL mattress wasn’t that old – Mrs Ed now sleeps better, I sleep as well as I did before so a win for us.

martymac

all that tv advertising and celebrity endorsement money has to come from somewhere, i wonder where that could be?

we were looking for a new matress recently, and after much research and trawling round a few shops we bought a no name one for (iirc) £250.

it’s memory foam, which works for us, the last one we had was the same, it lasted 8 years.

we found that anything which had a brand name we recognised Always had an extra zero on the end of the price.

so, we concluded it was all a racket and bought the cheap no name one from a local bed shop. It’s perfectly comfy.

myti
    Free Member

I’ve had an Otty for about a year now and it’s the best mattress I’ve ever had or slept on. More than twice what I’ve previously spent on a mattress though. Got 2 free memory foam pillows with it which are great too.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Need new Mattress, you have bought one recently ?’ is closed to new replies.