Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Need new car tyres, anywhere cheaper than Black Circles?
  • smogmonster

As above really, unfortunately im limited to very expensive run flats, which are about £700 for a set of 4 on Black Circles. Any other websites cheaper than them?

teethgrinder

Camskill, MyTyres – tried them?

falkirk-mark

I used tyreplus (think its just Kwikfit online) they were as cheap as anyone for michelins on a C5

smogmonster

As an aside, do i HAVE to put run flats on if it came as standard with them? I can save a fortune by buying ordinary tyres but not sure if it will affect handling, insurance etc? Its a BMW x1, 63 reg.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

No, you don’t need runflats.

It will affect handling, in a good way. Runflats are nasty.

Camskill are usually cheaper IME.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Non run flats would probably handle much better as they are more supple. You’re supposed to inform insurance however and you might not have a spare in case of a roadside flat.

I swapped our Mini from runflats and the ride was much improved. The Mrs would never change a wheel at side of road and have AA coverage anyway so no spare didnt matter.

smogmonster

Cheers, NRFs it is then.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Get a tyre repair kit just in case if you go for NRF.

And try going via Quidco for extra cashback?

timber

Ditch the run flats as above and try tyre shopper.

momo

Look at F1autocentres too, book online, have been cheaper for me than BC in the past (and they’re just round the corner from my house so works well)

hypnonewt
    Free Member

Oponeo.co.uk have been used by a lot of the guys in the office who swear by them.

gobuchul
    Free Member

As others have said, ditch the run flats. It will feel like a different car.

MrOvershoot

Best time to ditch the runflats if you need to do all 4 as mixing RF & NRF makes for a horrible ride & handling experience according to a former tyre fitter I know

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I don’t know how their prices compare. I’ve used mytyres dot com and been happy to go back to them.

colinsbore
    Free Member

try CarTyres.com. It is cheaper than Black Circles

aikon
    Free Member

Had 4 from my local independent this week, £68 a tyre fitted vs £82 a tyres on Black Circles, easy decision.

Rich_s

Get prices off blackcircles and ring local tyre place direct. Should be a tadge cheaper.

riddoch

Actually try BMW, last set I needed they were cheaper than black circles.
    If you change to NRF check your insurance and what’s your plan when you get a puncture somewhere. I.e. Do you have AA/RAC cover?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Try a few websites, I was looking for anh old efficient/energy saver tyres and dunlop ones were £20 cheaper per tyre at kwickfit than anything else everywhere else. Guess it just depends who had sales targets to meet.

vongassit
    Free Member

Oponeo X 2 , I’ve used them a lot. Mainly because they deliver free even up here, but always excellent service.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Local independent normally cheaper

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Need new car tyres, anywhere cheaper than Black Circles?’ is closed to new replies.