Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Need more protection for my frame – how much bigger is a 36T than a 32T Bash?
  • Paceman
    Free Member

Currently running 2×9 with 22/32T chainrings and a Raceface Light Bashguard, it works fine apart from it doesn’t provide quite enough protection for my frame bottom bracket housing which is getting scraped on a couple of my local trail features (logs etc).

Considering swapping to a 36T bashguard, either something similar like another RF or Hope bash, or maybe slightly burlier but still light such as an E-Thirteen TurboCharger.

My query is, roughly how much bigger diameter will a 36T bashguard be?

Thanks in advance,

Paceman

chiefgrooveguru

I can measure both of mine this evening if you like.

toys19
    Free Member

I almost always have 36 bashes on 32 cogs. Its there to hide the fact that I need to run a small front cog to make up for my fitness/strength defecit..

Paceman
    Free Member

Thanks CGG that would be useful, I probably only need another 7-8mm.

Paceman
    Free Member

Morning bump.

Anyone else??

gordonb
    Free Member

after looking at the old patriot frame, and seeing the carnage on the down tube, I cut and fitted a section of old tyre from the mech on the seat tube round and up the down tube to take the brunt of the damage on the new 5 frame. Might not look bling, but it does protect!

chiefgrooveguru

150mm for 32t, 165mm for 36t, both being these stylish Truvativ Rockguards:

Paceman
    Free Member

Cheers CGG, that’s really helpful 😀

…not sure i’ll be ordering one of those Truvativ Rockguards though!

chiefgrooveguru

It was a sure fire way of differentiating my bike from the dozens of identical orange Souls in the Brighton vicinity… 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Need more protection for my frame – how much bigger is a 36T than a 32T Bash?’ is closed to new replies.