Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Need advise please, caught in a biking mind stall !!!
  • bigdogg
    Free Member

Hi all, I’m new to the site but after reading many posts would like some friendly advice on a bit of a mind stall i am in !!
    My mate has recently purchased a 29er, which i like, but i have both a 26er mtb and a road bike but am looking to build something new which will be a jack of all trades. I live in Staffordshire so am lucky to have Cannock Chase on my doorstep and umpteen miles of country roads and lanes to enjoy which is where most of our riding takes place. What i was wondering was if a CX frameset with a road groupset would work both on and off road with a set of wheels for both types of riding ? I was looking to run Sram rival/fsa compact with wifly and a disc brake set up.
    I wud also do the odd triathlon but look to have a go at some CX rides next winter once the project is built.
    I look forward to some interesting replies and advise.

BigJohn

I would start by talking to Gary at Mammoth.

bigdogg
    Free Member

Ok thanks, do you know when he is usually at the shop ??

BigJohn

He spends a lot of time at the Spesh store in Stafford but try phoning or just popping in to ask one of the other peeps there.

40mpg

Bear in mind that any ‘one bike does all’ will always be a compromise.

A crosser won’t be nearly as much fun on steeper, techy singletrack (terrifying, yes) or quite as fast as a proper road bike if you are competing at all seriously. Be prepared to be disappointed.

Just buy lots of bikes!

jekkyl

& a dictionary 🙂

bigdogg
    Free Member

I would love to buy lots of bikes but the current financial downturn wont allow at present, or the wife !!! Dont really do the serious end of things nowadays, just love to get out, have fun and keep a reasonable level of fitness !!
    Thanks for the words !!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Need advise please, caught in a biking mind stall !!!’ is closed to new replies.