Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Need a new hoodie……
  • dantsw13

My favourite old hoodie finally needs replacing. I bought it in the States at Abercrombie 25 years ago.

Any recommendations for a good quality, heavyweight replacement?

I’ve been living in my Endura Humvee one for a while now. Go up a size if you want it baggy. Toasty warm and good quality.

weeksy

I’ve got 3 of those, black, grey, reddish

v7fmp
    MoreCashThanDash

Have you looked at the Singletrack merch?

Alternatively, I’ve had nice ones from Broken Riders, nice guy to deal with.

Fat-boy-fat

Haglofs on Sport Pursuit. So good, I bought 2.

oldfart

TLD signature have been going for half price lately , toasty warm , agreed on Broken Riders and Endura as well . Today I ‘ave mostly been wearing my Fox Sherpa 👍

tthew

I’ve got one of the cammo singletrack ones. It’s great if you can get on with the colour scheme. Cheap at 30 quid too.

brant
    Free Member

Genuinely fascinated to see how much flak I get for this, but we do have a fully British made hoodie (with two more launching this week in Dark Navy and Black, and zipped ones next week).

450gsm Australian long stable cotton, spun in Manchester.

https://hebtro.co/product/hoodie-light-grey/

rOcKeTdOg

and zipped ones next week

@brant
    now you’re talking, i love a zipped hoody, like a rebellious cardigan for the middle aged. I don’t like the over the head ones at all. it messes my beard up

a11y

I’m happy with the Alpkit hoodies I’ve got. Currently a bit cheaper today too: https://alpkit.com/collections/mens-tees/clothing-type_jumpers-and-hoodies (the plain and logo’d ones appear to be the same product).

TiRed

What size are you? We have a few A&F ones lying around the kids grew out of!

mashr

Not even slightly ashamed to say that I like the Rapha hoodie I got off Sport Pursuit recently. Previous favourite being a zip up Fox one that I’m pretty sure will overlive the human race (but obviously not last as long as the Hebtroco one of course 😉 )

ElShalimo

Look at  Howies or Finisterre

weeksy

@brant

Not stick, but it’s very very spendy

onewheelgood

it messes my beard up

I’m really not sure that is possible

BillOddie

Carhartt.

The proper workwear stuff not the fancy pants trendy Work In Progress stuff.

poolman
    Free Member

Rapha hoodie has 25% off, so 52 quid. I have a few, worn really well but a bit on the lightweight side.

dantsw13

Tired – probably too big!! Even when fighting fit I’m 14st, so XL.

Lots to look at………..

ElShalimo

@dantsw13 – Oh and don’t forget Community Clothing if you want made in UK by local people in local mills in Blackburn at a very reasonable price etc..

MENSWEAR

pandhandj
    Free Member

I just st bought my daughter a “classic” stussy hoodie for Christmas. £117 delivered! **** me sideways! 😢😢😢

Caher
    bruneep

Gildan heavy blend off ebay £12 ish

the-muffin-man

Genuinely fascinated to see how much flak I get for this, but we do have a fully British made hoodie (with two more launching this week in Dark Navy and Black, and zipped ones next week).

…you’ve nailed the “mums been to the factory shop again” look! 🙂

footflaps

Baerskin Tactical

I have an aversion to anything with the word ‘Tactical’ in it….

brant
    Free Member

…you’ve nailed the “mums been to the factory shop again” look! 🙂

OK Gok Wan. Calm down.

oldtennisshoes

“mums been to the factory shop again”

I’d buy a scarf / poncho / mug with that written it 🤣

Genuinely fascinated to see how much flak I get for this,

My critique would be that you’ve managed to make a £115 hoodie look like a £15 hoodie. Sorry ☹️

now you’re talking, i love a zipped hoody,

Zipoed for wearing open under a darkish grey/faded black denim jacket for me

Caher

I have an aversion to anything with the word ‘Tactical’ in it…

Not sure why, it’s worn by some of best organised US right wing malitias.

ElShalimo

OK Gok Wan. Calm down

I’d buy a scarf / poncho / mug with that written it 🤣

FTFY

scruffythefirst
    Free Member

I live in my pink DMM “climb now, work later” hoodie. It’s not heavyweight but it’s not fallen apart.

Also honourable mention goes to my 6yos fat face one which is also quite sturdy and very soft.

mahalo

I live in Hoodies. Especially since WFH all the time. I don’t like graphics or slogans tho. I have a couple of the A&F popover ones, super comfy but wouldn’t last well in the garage… I also have a couple of the madison roam softshell jackets that were going cheap on freewheel, essentially a zip up hoodie that’s too nice to ride in.. and my other go-to is Rapanui… had lots of hoodies (tees and sweatshirts) from them over the years.

ElShalimo

I’d avoid Rapanui.

Rubbish QC, variable sizing, poor fit, shrinks etc etc

footflaps

I live in my pink DMM “climb now, work later” hoodie.

Back in the day Howies used to do loads of T-shirts and Hoodies etc with messages like that on it eg “Work Hard, Canoe Home” etc, but sadly they stopped all that 10 years ago or more…

mahalo

I’d avoid Rapanui.

Rubbish QC, variable sizing, poor fit, shrinks etc etc

yea was gonna say they dont wash well, but learnt how to deal with that.. disagree regards QC and fit.

lamp
    Free Member

Be careful with your purchase….some hoodies, just don’t hoddie like other hoodies hoodie. Fact.

dantsw13

Sadly the broken riders ones are very limited sizes in stock, as I was going to get one. I picked up a Rapha Trail Hoodie for £37 in the BF offers and am still looking for another one for more messy stuff.

blokeuptheroad

My favourite is this from Red Torpedo (Guy Martin’s clothing brand). I’m not normally one for graphics or logos but I quite like the ‘spanner skull’ design. Quite heavy, superb quality and washes well. It looks as good as new after about 5 years of regular use.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.