- Need a new floor pump with air shot. Recommendations.
Left mine on the drive way and the daughter drove over it. Would like one with air shot to mount tubeless (29×3.0) when off for there annual Stans top up. Must do Presta and Schrader. Looking for a good deal on anything suitable as would like to purchase asap. Would consider second hand also if anyone has something going? Anybody seen any good deals recently for something suitable?Posted 7 months agojoebristolSubscriber
I had a CRC Airwave or something like that but it failed after about a year and a half. I replaced it with a genuine airshot and a reasonably decent Lezyne track pump. I’ve found it works far better than the all in one pump / tank.
I guess the more expensive tank/pump combos might be better than the one I had but they’ll be more expensive than my current combo I reckon.Posted 7 months agoNorthwindSubscriber
The truflo one seems really good, I’ve only used it a couple of times thoughPosted 7 months ago
Mine is now probably 4 years old. Made countless tubeless conversions (not kidding, at my friend workshop we’ve done probably 12 or 15 tubeless shots over one evening only) with it, using it as a standard floor pump as well as pumping leaky tyres of my shitty car.
Cheers!Posted 7 months ago
I’ve got a Lifeline one from Wiggle and it works really well. Only used it up to 2.3 tyres though.Posted 7 months agoMing the MercilessSubscriber
Topeak Joe Blow Booster, works very well.Posted 7 months agospevSubscriber
We use the Truflo one in the workshop and find it great, also have an airshot and a compressor and it easily competes with those ( and when it falls over it doesn’t get damaged as easily as the airshot’s presta valve)Posted 7 months agojoemmoMember
Airwave / Lifeline pump has been good for me for 3+ years. Set up 27.5 and 700c tyres with no problemsPosted 7 months agokelronSubscriber
Lifeline one’s been good for me. Was only £35 in one of their many sales.Posted 7 months ago
I also happen to have Lifeline pump – in PX Barbierri guise – and in comparison to Topeak it is rather poor performer. Tank is simply not big enough. You can pressurize it to higher PSI but there is just not enough wind there. It is ok for road tyres and other skinnies but rather rubbish for anything bigger.Posted 7 months ago
On the other hand I used Topeak with ease to set up 4″ Nate, 29*3.25″ Bulldozzer and host of others.
It is nice, sturdy pump though, just not so good as an airshot.
Topeak here too. Had it over two years now, paid over £100. Works great. The head is not quite so good for schraeder as it is for presta bit other than that it’s finePosted 7 months ago
Finally got a Joe Blow booster. A very substantial and almost industrial piece of kit. I was waiting until I could get one for less than a ton. Use new voucher code at Chainreaction and it was £79 which I felt reasonable.
Everyone’s appraisals are positive so I think it should be good.Posted 2 months agoBadlyWiredDogSubscriber
Bontrager.Posted 2 months agotthewSubscriber
Fire extinguisher.Posted 2 months agoedward2000Member
Bontrager. Charge the canister. Flick the switch and your tyres are seated. Then continue to use it as a pump without changing a thing! The valve head recognises Presta or Schrader without adjustment. I’ve just seated some 29 Michelin tyres with no fuss at all.Posted 2 months agodove1Subscriber
Bontrager TLR Flash Charger here as well.Posted 2 months ago
Simple to use, effective and hasn’t failed to seat a tyre yet.willqMember
For me a small air compressor is better value if you’re moving into the £100 mark or am I missing something?Posted 2 months agojohnw1984Subscriber
Had a Flash Charger for years and it works 90% of the time. For the other 10% I use it with the Airshot 🙂Posted 2 months agoendomickMember
Planet x sent me an email about theirs the other day, £30 jobsworth tubeless 2 pump it up track pump. Worth a look.Posted 2 months agorobj20Member
Space, noise, not as easy to put on the boot of your car for trips away from home.
I still just use a 2lt fizzy drinks bottle with a hose attached and valve fitted to the lid.Posted 2 months agoBigmantrialsSubscriber
I have the Bontrager Flash Charger, realy pleased with it. The only thing that could be improved is that the pump head is not the best fit when you don’t have a core in the valve, I have never had it come off and it doesn’t loose air but it wouldn’t take much force for it to pop off.
Otherwise its great, wouldn’t be without it now.Posted 2 months agolardmanMember
Topeak Booster – still good for me, 3 years in. done maybe hundreds of tubeless inflations.Posted 2 months agobluebirdMember
What I really like about it is when you use it as a normal pump it doesn’t deflate your tyre like the Bontrager one does.Posted 2 months ago
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.