Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Need a new floor pump with air shot. Recommendations.
  • lotto

Left mine on the drive way and the daughter drove over it. Would like one with air shot to mount tubeless (29×3.0) when off for there annual Stans top up. Must do Presta and Schrader. Looking for a good deal on anything suitable as would like to purchase asap. Would consider second hand also if anyone has something going? Anybody seen any good deals recently for something suitable?

Premier Icon joebristol
    Subscriber

I had a CRC Airwave or something like that but it failed after about a year and a half. I replaced it with a genuine airshot and a reasonably decent Lezyne track pump. I’ve found it works far better than the all in one pump / tank.

I guess the more expensive tank/pump combos might be better than the one I had but they’ll be more expensive than my current combo I reckon.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

The truflo one seems really good, I’ve only used it a couple of times though

Premier Icon IvanMTB
    Subscriber

Topeak Booster.

Mine is now probably 4 years old. Made countless tubeless conversions (not kidding, at my friend workshop we’ve done probably 12 or 15 tubeless shots over one evening only) with it, using it as a standard floor pump as well as pumping leaky tyres of my shitty car.

Cheers!
    I.

Premier Icon stumpy01
    Subscriber

I’ve got a Lifeline one from Wiggle and it works really well. Only used it up to 2.3 tyres though.

Topeak Joe Blow Booster, works very well.

Premier Icon spev
    Subscriber

We use the Truflo one in the workshop and find it great, also have an airshot and a compressor and it easily competes with those ( and when it falls over it doesn’t get damaged as easily as the airshot’s presta valve)

joemmo

Airwave / Lifeline pump has been good for me for 3+ years. Set up 27.5 and 700c tyres with no problems

Premier Icon kelron
    Subscriber

Lifeline one’s been good for me. Was only £35 in one of their many sales.

Premier Icon IvanMTB
    Subscriber

I also happen to have Lifeline pump – in PX Barbierri guise – and in comparison to Topeak it is rather poor performer. Tank is simply not big enough. You can pressurize it to higher PSI but there is just not enough wind there. It is ok for road tyres and other skinnies but rather rubbish for anything bigger.
    On the other hand I used Topeak with ease to set up 4″ Nate, 29*3.25″ Bulldozzer and host of others.
    It is nice, sturdy pump though, just not so good as an airshot.
    Cheers!
    I.

Premier Icon benp1
    Subscriber

Topeak here too. Had it over two years now, paid over £100. Works great. The head is not quite so good for schraeder as it is for presta bit other than that it’s fine

lotto

Finally got a Joe Blow booster. A very substantial and almost industrial piece of kit. I was waiting until I could get one for less than a ton. Use new voucher code at Chainreaction and it was £79 which I felt reasonable.

Everyone’s appraisals are positive so I think it should be good.

Premier Icon BadlyWiredDog
    Subscriber

Bontrager.

Premier Icon tthew
    Subscriber

Fire extinguisher.

edward2000

Bontrager. Charge the canister. Flick the switch and your tyres are seated. Then continue to use it as a pump without changing a thing! The valve head recognises Presta or Schrader without adjustment. I’ve just seated some 29 Michelin tyres with no fuss at all.

Premier Icon dove1
    Subscriber

Bontrager TLR Flash Charger here as well.
    Simple to use, effective and hasn’t failed to seat a tyre yet.

willq

For me a small air compressor is better value if you’re moving into the £100 mark or am I missing something?

Premier Icon johnw1984
    Subscriber

Had a Flash Charger for years and it works 90% of the time. For the other 10% I use it with the Airshot 🙂

endomick

Planet x sent me an email about theirs the other day, £30 jobsworth tubeless 2 pump it up track pump. Worth a look.

robj20

@willq

Space, noise, not as easy to put on the boot of your car for trips away from home.

I still just use a 2lt fizzy drinks bottle with a hose attached and valve fitted to the lid.

Premier Icon Bigmantrials
    Subscriber

I have the Bontrager Flash Charger, realy pleased with it. The only thing that could be improved is that the pump head is not the best fit when you don’t have a core in the valve, I have never had it come off and it doesn’t loose air but it wouldn’t take much force for it to pop off.

Otherwise its great, wouldn’t be without it now.

lardman

Topeak Booster – still good for me, 3 years in. done maybe hundreds of tubeless inflations.

bluebird

Topeak Booster.

+1

What I really like about it is when you use it as a normal pump it doesn’t deflate your tyre like the Bontrager one does.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.