Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Need a new camera by monday. What and where?
  • wingnuts

Went to get compact camera ready for Mrs wingnuts graduation ceremony on Tuesday and it had died after many years service. So I want a small pocketable jobbie that I can get hold of tomorrow if poss but by Monday night at latest. So that rules out the online boys I should think. Any ideas/recommendations please?

Price, features?

Read reviews, order from Jessops online, collect in store…..

Or walk into Currys/PC World and see what takes your fancy.

Are you new to shopping?

😉

wingnuts

£250ish. Will use it when riding so rough treatment possible. Optical zoom and high definition as poss. Other than that basic usability rather than over sophistication.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Panasonic Lumix Lx3?

wingnuts

That looks good. Anybody actually own/use one?

They get good reviews IIRC

colournoise

Similar. I have a TZ10.

Metal body, great lens, big optical zoom for a compact, lots of shooting modes (including a VERY good automatic one).

slainte 8) rob

falkirk-mark

Lumix TZ8 150 quid at argos or 180 quid elsewhere
    I bought one yesterday for my daughters birthday as I own a tz65 and i find it really good (12 x optical zoom)

bruk

Panasonic Lumix with 10x optical zoom, wifes 5 year old camera fantastic, gets used almost daily for work photos and still going strong.

Pretty robust and great photos from it and zoom is pretty impressive.

Would buy another.

wingnuts

This is good. Ex missus works at argos so may get discount as well!

juanking

After much too much research I went for the Sony Dsv Hx9v. Read the reviews in this compared to the Lumix. I would up some photos from my week ling trip to Lewis and Harris but aren’t home yet.

molgrips
    Free Member

Olympus mju tough, or I suppose any of the toughened cameras. I got one recently and last weekend I rode with it on my shoulder in a special holster, so I could whip it out and snap without even stopping – fab.

It also takes pics of weddings.. and here are the cleaning instructions:

wingnuts

That’s my kind of planned maintenance programme. Thanks for the ideas. I’ll let you know what I get.

forge197
    Free Member

I have a TZ10 Lumix fantastic camera, good battery life, takes hd video for some mountain bike vid making, good quality pictures, best compact camera I have had.

iDave
    Free Member

Olympic Muji +1

great little camera, mine has taken loads of abuse.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Do jessops still do price match? Find it as cheap as possible on the interweb and then go in store for whatever you choose.

billybob
    Free Member

I’ve got a lumix tz-10 fantastic little camera, use it the same amount as my nikon d40

grantway
    Free Member

If your in London I could borrow you my spare Casio Exilim 4 gig complete
    with Leather case and 128 card.
    I am in East London but leaving mid day for Spain.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Need a new camera by monday. What and where?’ is closed to new replies.