Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Need a new camera, anyone ride with one?
  • Conan257
    Free Member

Lost my camera at a music festival at the weekend. So I’m in need of a new one.

Use it for general shooting when out at places, but also carry it in my pocket when riding to take shots of mates/scenery/riding in general.

Would like something that does stills and video, small enough to go in a pocket when riding, but need high quality (for the price).

Probably looking at around £100-£150, no more. Would go second hand/old stock if it’s worth it!

Do the masses have any good suggestions?

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve got one of those rugged Nikon Coolpix AW100 ones. Small enough for a jersey pocket and easy enough to use on/no handed mid-ride. Image quality not perfect but that’s not what I got it for. It’s waterproof, shock proof and will handle the winter rides so I’ve been happy with it

turboferret

I bought Panasonic Lumix TS4 which sounds very similar to the Coolpix mentioned above, have been very impressed with it.

I love the fact that you can take photos like this 🙂

It often sits in my cycling jersey pocket without any need for a case so great for on-the-fly shots.

More pics here.

Cheers, Rich

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    _tom_
    Free Member

I take my Canon S95 on every ride now and it’s great. Small but full manual mode which is easy to use without menus (unlike many compacts) and the shots you can get are great when you get used to the slight shutter lag 🙂

Shred
    Free Member
    cubemeup
    Free Member

the new pentax looks good

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I use a Panasonic FT20, which seems pretty good. YOu can often find them for < 100 quid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panasonic-DMC-FT20-16mp-4x-Zoom-2-7-LCD-25mm-Lens-Camera-Orange-/310689084546

Slips in the Jersey pocket pretty easily.

I kee thinking about attaching it to the bars, but can’t find many suitable mounts

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member
    Conan257
    Free Member

Like the Fuji referbs, cheers

onewheelgood

This was a good deal a year ago at £200+ – at £70 it’s a real bargain. Two things make it good for your use – it’s very quick to startup, and it has a metal body so if you did fall off with it in your pocket it’s more likely to survive.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Need a new camera, anyone ride with one?’ is closed to new replies.