Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Need a house phone with decent speaker
  • Premier Icon granny_ring

When using our current phone on speaker it distorts quite badly when the volume is turned up, it’s a few years old now so looking to replace it.
    Anyone bought a recent phone that has decent speaker clarity at higher volume?

TIA.

Premier Icon FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Do people still use such things?

Premier Icon oceanskipper

Siemens Gigaset phones – excellent.

Premier Icon granny_ring

Sometimes funky there is the need to.

Premier Icon granny_ring

Cheers ocean, excuse the ignorance what does Gigaset mean? I see there are a few makes…

Looks like they’ve actually made Gigaset the brand name now. They used to be branded Siemens and Gigaset was the range.

this is them though, I’ve got a really old one and it’s been faultless, if/when it packs up I’ll certainly be buying another.

https://www.gigaset.com/hq_en/

Premier Icon franksinatra

That Gigaset CL390 is analogue. All landlines in the UK are transitioning over to digital between now 2025, it is a phased transition that has already started. In most cases (although confusingly, not all) analogue phones will not work on digital lines.

If you need a landline phone due to hearing issues then the A2D transition is a good thing as digital lines will be clearer.

Premier Icon squirrelking
    Free Member

My mum got an adaptor similar to ye olde ADSL filters for her phone when Virgin went digital so it shouldn’t be an issue.

I wasn’t linking to that specific phone, just the website in general. TBH the website didn’t display that well on my phone where I copied it from so apologies if it was misleading. I’m recommending Gigaset in general as the models have all changed since I got mine….

Premier Icon granny_ring

Ok thanks all.
    All this techno talk baffles me, easily done 🙂
    A2D transition…..?
    Looks like I need to look for a Gigaset phone then.

Premier Icon rak
    Free Member

A2D is analogue to digital

Do you need a corded phone or a cordless phone?
    If cordless, how many handsets do you want?
    Do you need an answer machine?

Take a look at Argos, there’s loads on their page but you can narrow it down quickly with the choices above and customer ratings

I like my Panasonic cordless, has been reliable for many years.

Premier Icon scotroutes

Would a handset with Bluetooth work? It could be paired with an external Bluetooth speaker of your choice.

Premier Icon granny_ring

Cheers, some things to look at next week.
    Cordelss, one phone & answermachine would be useful.
    Not sure about bluetooth, maybe useful?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.