• This topic has 85 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by isto.
Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Need a car. Wasn't the one I expected. Help required!
  • weeksy

I do 6k max and every mile is like life lost.

Shirley the question shoulld be how can I drive less not what car to waste my life in

I drive 200 miles every weekend to visit my poorly mum.

I drive to work, trailcenters and a trip to France/Italy.

Alex

Fair question. I drive to a good chunk of the universities in the UK. Apart from Scotland and NI, I’ll drive almost all of the time because where i live the train service is rubbish (except to Manchester oddly). It’s easy for me to do a 500-700 miles in a week at busy times. Hence prioritising comfort and zero hassle driving experience.

I do less personal miles as we tend to go away in a mate’s T5 and I’ll drive our MX5 in spring/summer/autumn.

Driving is part of the job. I like the job. Audio books, podcasts and R4 don’t feel like wasted time. YMMV etc 😉

davosaurusrex

I’m an area manager, the clues in the name. I don’t love driving but a fair amount if it is outside peak times and I get to see some stunning parts of Sussex, Kent and Hampshire that I wouldn’t have done otherwise. When I’m sitting in a traffic jam it feels like I’m wasting my life sometimes but there are much worse jobs around.

Also my wife is German so drive over a few times a year, off to the Black forest and then Austria on Thursday. Taking the roadie and the mtb!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    franksinatra

In the true tradition of recommending what you own, I cannot fault my s-max. It is huge, drives really well for a big car, relatively economical and a nice place to be (as far as cars go)

We are just back from a week of camping, family of five, dog and camping stuff and traveled over 1000 miles with ease. I am on my second s-max and as much as I want a change, I cannot find a reason to replace it.

tomo51
    Free Member

Maybe an unpopular suggestion (as it’s a bit of a marmite car) however have you considered a Citroen Cactus? I love mine. All black, Very economical (although nowhere near the 91mpg they advertise), surprisingly spacious, really comfortable (that coming from a fat bloke). id recommend the 1.6 BlueHDI – The 1.2 Puretech is ok but not great.

isto
    Free Member

@Jambalaya They would be on par so far as build quality, both having the same platform and also a lot of the same switchgear. I think it is more down to which you prefer to drive or like the look of.

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Need a car. Wasn't the one I expected. Help required!’ is closed to new replies.