Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Nee Bike Day… shiny content
  • honourablegeorge

Starling Roost, built with parts from my BFeMax. Well, that was the plan, new wheels/fork/pedals sort of happened along the way. Just about ridden round the house after a frantic evening building.

happybiker
    Free Member

Very shiny! Would love to hear how it compares to the Cotic!

onewheelgood

Shiny? Now this is shiny

I had an n+1 moment this week too.

bfw

that is pretty

honourablegeorge

Very keen to fund out, maybe tomorrow. My photo is crap, the frame and the etched graphics are a lovely thing, but I can’t seem to capture it

singlespeedstu

Nice.
    Looks a bit like the Fastforwards you had.

fathomer

That is lovely but you’re right, your pic doesn’t do it justice 🙂

honourablegeorge

singlespeedstu

Nice.
    Looks a bit like the Fastforwards you had

Minus the rust under the lacquer. I loved the look of that Last but it went back to Last and got repainted after a few months.

chakaping
    Free Member

Awesome build george.

I don’t do hardtails any more, but if I did…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Looks a bit like the Fastforwards you had.

Ha, my Fastforward is the only bike that other mtbers asked if it was broken. Looked liked I’d done one too many landings to flat.

Was that the V1 that rusted? My V2 was used through the winter and was fine.

snotrag

Theres something about hot summery weather that always, every year, makes me think ‘I really want a proper, hardcore, well bastard fast XC bike’. The kind that just looks fast standing still.

Shiny? Now this is shiny

Just like that. Lovely!

zerocool

Ooh, I do like those Starling hardtails, I quite fancied the stainless steel one they did, but alas, I am poor.

Gert lush bike though

Edit – I’m assuming that’s the stainless one. It is very pretty.

nickc

Love a clean looking hardtail. That Starling is a very nice looking bike. Just pushes the Cannondale into 2nd place for me, although would love to sling a leg over it, i’ll bet it’s fast

Sandwich

@onewheelgood Someone has stolen half your forks.

Very pretty indeed in that blue, I have a soft spot for Lefty Cannondales though not the deep pockets now!

singlespeedstu

Minus the rust under the lacquer.

My clear coat Marino is showing a bit of that too.

honourablegeorge

Scienceofficer

Was that the V1 that rusted? My V2 was used through the winter and was fine.

The V1 in the clearcoat finish, they quickly stopped offering it in clear, below was less than 6 months. The repainted frame (matt black) was perfect, my mate is still riding it, there’s hardly a mark on it after numerous winters.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.