• This topic has 42 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Olly.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Nearly caught a kid nicking my wheel – what would you do?
  • colonelwax
    Free Member

So, I walked out of the library to find a kid bent over my front wheel trying to nick it.

Shouted at him, he legged it, and I ran after him.

Stopped and thought “what are you going to do if you catch the git?”.

So I shouted a bit and let him go.

I think this was proably the right thing to do. I wanted to give the scrote a right kicking, but hitting kids isnt exactly on is it.

Don’t suppose its worth reporting it, can’t see the police would be bothered.

mudsux
    Free Member

Sadly..you prolly did the right thing.
    I’ve done the other and it’s just not worth it.

seosamh77
    Free Member

sounds about right, in the end up there’s nothing you can do bar chase them away…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    psychle
    Free Member

good to give him a scare, about all you could do really… I’ve busted a few punks trying to steal bikes along Upper St in Islington, I think it’s good that they realise people are actually watching and they can’t be so bloody blatant about it to be stealing in broad daylight on a busy high street (amazing how few people actually do say something though…)

RealMan
    Free Member

A kid you say?

mrmo
    Free Member

i do wonder if anyone would notice if you tied them up, dumped them in the car boot and then abandoned them in mid wales.

Problem is alot of the scum know they are not going to suffer for their actions.

spacemonkey

I wanted to give the scrote a right kicking, but hitting kids isnt exactly on is it.

Are you mates with fourcrossjohn?

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i saw someone eyeing my bike up outside the uni library. he was right at my bike, i came over and asked if i could help but he casually sloped away. to eye some more bikes just up a bit. i stared and when he finally clocked me looking at him he decided to walk away.

bruneep

Realman

This how its done

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcyh3S08d9Y[/video]

Rosss
    Free Member

I’m only 16 myself and IMO if you could have got your hands on the kid you should have had some ‘Strong Words’ with his knee caps. The kid knew full well what he was doing as much as an adult would so why shouldn’t you.

samuri
    Free Member

What if the kid accidentally fell into some oncoming traffic while you scream NOOO, at such a tragic waste of a young life?

Rosss
    Free Member

That would really be tragic.. Ah well life goes on
    Presuming he was on foot and your playing by the book I think taking his shoes would be a fair punishment. What price are reebok classics fetching on eBay at the moment ?

Drac

I’m only 16 myself and IMO if you could have got your hands on the kid you should have had some ‘Strong Words’ with his knee caps. The kid knew full well what he was doing as much as an adult would so why shouldn’t you.

When grow up you’ll realise you can’t do that.

Rosss
    Free Member

I know you can’t mate, just light hearted fun it’s just a shame nothing can be done to stop it.

neninja
    Free Member

Sadly some natural justice needs to be dished out on occassions. I would have done the same as you (whilst wishing I wasn’t so sensible and had bounced his head off a wall a few times).

gamo
    Free Member

Bring back the Birch!
    catch em and birch em!

mmb
    Free Member

rosss plus 1
    nick one of his shoes as a dose of his own medicine so to speak.

colonelwax
    Free Member

Well, I guess not giving him a smack was the right thing to do.

To be honest I was more surprised at my reaction. I’m pretty calm and reserved so wouldn;t have said I’d be up for some Ton style action.

101andy
    Free Member

Give the wheel a good quick spin with his fingers still in it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

this presents a dilemma for the internet hard man.

*thinks*

NikNak7890
    Free Member

Yelling at him so that he had the opportunity to run away was (IMO) the wrong thing to do. I’d have quietly walked up behind him, pinned him to the floor and called the Police. He may well have been well known to them, and that could have been the last piece of evidence they needed to prosecute him.

large418
    Free Member

You did the right thing. Trouble is, in the eyes of the law, the kid had not actually nicked anything, so had not broken the law – he was only looking suspicious. If you had educated him, you would be guilty of assault or worse.

Now, if he actually nicked your wheel, then reasonable force could have been used, but only to restrain him, not educate him.

Oh, how I sometimes wish the law would step to one side for some good old fashioned punishment – that may stop kids getting into worse trouble later in life….

Sandwich

Shoes and urine interface time. Followed by a good old fashioned lynching.

Get ya flamin’ torches ‘ere.
    Pitchforks a paand

epicyclo

It would have been a tragedy if you had tripped up just as you caught up with him. The weight of an adult body falling on a young ‘un at 15mph can do a lot of damage. Then of course if you accidentally kneed him while getting up, I’m sure you’d apologise.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Citizens arrest using reasonable force, you (being a reasonable person) think he then tries to attack you, and you do what any other reasonable person would do and make a pre-emptive strike to fend him off.

Simples.

Junkyard
    Free Member

ignoring the hard men you dod the right thing do you really want to risk assault charges or batter a small child for your wheel?

jedi

i would beat the shit out of him.

Rosss
    Free Member

Yes Jedi ’bout time someone said it straight

pastcaring
    Free Member

jedi – Member
    i would beat the shit out of him.

that what should happen! but it seems in this country the thieving scumbags have more right than the people they steel from? 🙁

but some times its worth it…

matchstick
    Free Member

The useless little shite should have a slap and he would carry on running anyway, aleast he had a slap for his actions.

Bloody shite like them ruin the country.

jedi

we have a generation who have never been told no. some stand up and say no

devs
    Free Member

“When grow up you’ll realise you can’t do that”

Scumbags know this and push their luck. You want to see their little faces change once they realise they’ve come up against a naughty adult who doesn’t follow the rules. Personally I’d have stuck a size 12 right up his hoop but the whole story sounds to me like you just couldn’t catch him! 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Pi

tchforks a paand

Paand? Bit much innit?

chewkw
    Free Member

Do the Tyson and give him the right hook …

Kevevs
    Free Member

flying shark

coffeeking
    Free Member

Id have caught him and held him until the police arrived. Simple, legal and the right thing to do and likely to give him enough of a scare if it’s a first-time thing for him. If not, the police probably are not gong to do much to scare him but at least they’re more aware of his increasing trouble making and all round no-one has done anything illegal other than the little squirt.

chewkw
    Free Member

Or as per coffeeking but then he might stab you …

M6TTF
    Free Member

Not sure what I’d do in the heat of the moment tbh, I’d like to think I’d have walked up slowly and then scared the poop outta him without actually causing physical injury . Mind you a swift boot in the leg wouldn’t harm 😉

ivantate
    Free Member

grabbed him by the neck very hard while giving a maximum volume talking to.

creaser
    Free Member

i would have kicked him to death end of

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Nearly caught a kid nicking my wheel – what would you do?’ is closed to new replies.