Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Neal Stephenson's Clang
  • bencooper
    Free Member

Have we done this yet? Knowing there are some other Stephenson fans on here…

Northwind

Making Snow Crash real, one tech at a time.

racefaceec90

had no idea who neal stephenson was (or a clang for that matter).i’m in 🙂

i’m waiting for a fully realized lightsaber controller 😀

CountZero

When Clang gets to Hero Protagonist, I’m in!

bencooper
    Free Member

Making Snow Crash real, one tech at a time.

Yup, there’s a nice circularity to that, because didn’t Snow Crash start as a programming project?

zilog6128

Sounds like a fun idea, but terrible at the same time. A well made fighting system using a controller is a thing of sublime beauty (e.g. Arkham Asylum). Flinging a special “accessory” around just reminds me of this on the Dreamcast:

If you want to swing a sword, go find some like-minded mates and swing swords. It’s impossible to replicate the experience in a videogame, too many facets will always be missing, so what’s the point in trying to simulate it as accurately as possible? Focus on making an awesome game with a regular controller instead.

z1ppy

I just like this bloke more and more, what a great project.
    Readme’s “TRain” game seeds?

bencooper
    Free Member

Yes, I’m not convinced it’ll work – today I can barely move my arms because I spent two hours last night doing forms and sparring with an oak training sword, and I don’t see how you can ever simulate the effect of a real sword hitting something.

But hey, it’s still a good idea and a very cool video 😉

samuri
    Free Member

I’m a huge Stephenson fan but this just sounds nuts. Of course, that could just be my lack of imagination but personally I think he’s losing it and will soon be demanding his head is cut off, stored in a vat of mercury and then reused in a hybrid cyborg when the appropriate technology has been invented.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Neal Stephenson's Clang’ is closed to new replies.