Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • NE USA – Long weekend, maybe bike, Mid/Late May starting in Pittsburg
  • Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Free Member

Over with work for a week, Looking at a couple of flight options to go somewhere else close by for a few days after but not 100% convinced it will be worth it, other option will be a bit of a road trip somewhere or nip over to Canada…. worth it or just suck up the jet lag and come home?

Premier Icon tonyg2003

Lots of fabulous places to go to in Ne USA if you have some spare time. City or countryside?

Also – don’t forget to get your Canadian visa these can be much more of a pain than an ESTA. Personally I’d just stay in the US

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Free Member

That is what I’m trying to work out, Candian is easy to come by and much more welcoming from my experience 🙂 Basically just have a few days I can take so looking for something easy to do that is worthwhile, had a decent stroke rate with post work trips in the past but not seeing much on the map aside from the rust belt there!!

Premier Icon tonyg2003

The rust belt isn’t particularly great for sight seeing unless you are into post industrial artictechture.

From Pittsburg I’d go for upstate NY which can be nice or the Michigan peninsular (Traverse city is neat) or head over Toronto. There’s always NYC too. However don’t just expect to turn up at the Canadian border and be let in!

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looks like my Canadian ESTA is still valid anyway I’ll take a look at the flights for those

Premier Icon konagirl
    Free Member

With the caveat we haven’t been yet, we fly out for a week end of May… there are loads of nice forest areas for walking, biking and canoeing / rafting. Towards New York State ~3 hrs drive: Allegheny National Forest, the Black Forest & Pine Creek gorge, Moshannon & Quehanna wild area (wild elk). Or to the east there is Ohiopyle (Seven Springs) or touring the Great Allegheny Passage.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘NE USA – Long weekend, maybe bike, Mid/Late May starting in Pittsburg’ is closed to new replies.