Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • NBD: Yeti SB140, Orbea Wild, Transition TR11, Saracen 2023, Cotic x Never Strays Far
  • Ben_Haworth

New Bike Day! There’s been a flurry of new bikes announced: Yeti trail bike, Orbeaebike, Transition DH, Saracen ’23 and Cotic colab.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

NBD: Yeti SB140, Orbea Wild, Transition TR11, Saracen 2023, Cotic x Never Strays Far

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

oldfart

My god that Orbea is ugly 😳 thankfully my Rise hasn’t got cable through the headset despite them saying it’s easy to change 🙄 Wonder why they used Bosch instead of Shimano?

kayak23

My god that Orbea is ugly

😂 I was just thinking it looked pretty nice, although I’ve seen other pics where it looks fugly.
    Not sure if they’ve changed the angle of that brace bar near the shock 🤔

I’ve got the current one which I think doesn’t look that bad in eeb terms, but that looks clean to me.
    If they’ve got rid of the ridiculous massive button and display on the bars I’d be happy too.

Having said that, I wish I’d got the Rise now as I think I’d prefer a half-fat eeb.

Wonder why they used Bosch instead of Shimano?

The current Wild fs is Bosch. The Rise is Shimano.

oldfart

kayak half fat Rise works for me 👍 Had a full fat for 3 years just felt it was unnecessary for my riding , didn’t want a carbon bike so when the alloy version came out I knew it was going to be the right choice for me .

nickc

I’ll have one of each thanks

apart from the road bike with fat tyres,  obvs, that can get in the sea.

kayak23

They’ve made the battery non-removable on the Wild. Bad move for those of us that use it in place of an uplift day.
    Also, it is fuglier having seen this video.
    I’m out.

tmays
    Free Member

Those Saracen press releases are very cringy.

zerocool

So what happens if there’s a battery fault or failure on the Orbea? Do you have to send the whole bike back and wait for them to replace the whole thing? And recycling/reusing it?
    And if you buy it second hand and the battery goes duff, are they basically saying that ebikes are not repairable, but are indeed disposable?

IdleJon

the brilliant graphic designer behind the look and feel of Never Strays Far, and the fantastic artwork supporting this weekend’s race.

seems to have only had a handful of broken, left-over crayons to work with. Hopefully, it looks better in the metal.

welshfarmer

Not sure if Saracen realise that Myst (OK Mist) translates to shite in German…. 🙂

andrewreay

Do you have to send the whole bike back and wait for them to replace the whole thing? And recycling/reusing it?
    And if you buy it second hand and the battery goes duff, are they basically saying that ebikes are not repairable, but are indeed disposable?

The battery is removable and replaceable! Just not on the fly. Looks like you have to drop the motor then the battery can be popped out through the gap.

Orbea Wild Smart Battery System

FWIW I rather like the look of it. And 21kg for a Bosch motored beast is pretty cool. Full Fat bike that can still be lifted over styles ‘gates’ and almost roof mountable.

Think it has a lot going for it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.