Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • NBD: Road Bike Content
  • robbo1234biking

Following getting hit by a van and my bike being written off – 2 months later I have got a replacement. I went with aluminium in the end. Done a few rides on it so far and very happy with it. Beat a few PRs already on it without trying to hard so it’s surprisingly quick!

sturdylad
    Free Member

Domane AL5?

Just about to order one on the R2W, mudguards, panniers, the lot!!

soundninjauk

That’s a tidy looking bike. Is that a Garmin Varia on the back? Pondering getting one for my road bike.

Nice neat light/GPS mount setup as well.

robbo1234biking

Yes an AL5. I have replaced the wheels with Vision Team 35’s and GP5000s (32mm). It gets used as the commuter and for everyday rides so it is nicely versatile. Nice and comfy as well.

Paint finish is really nice. I have some clip on SKS Raceblade Pro mudgards for when it gets wet!

robbo1234biking

Yeh a Varia on the back. Works well and happy with it. One section of my commute to work saturates the radar though and I get an error – must be something causing it locally. It soon comes back online though and only goes down for about 50m.

I have a saddle rail mount for it which gets it up nice and high.

chrisyork

Lovely that! Another keen roadie here, I actually got into time trialling as it was very local to me 2 mins ride away. Managed to shave 2.5 mins off a 10 mile ride over 2 years…

But recreational riding when the roads are great, is something else especially if the sun is out! I’ve got a Large Giant Contend Disk but at 6’1 think I should’ve got the XL really.

therevokid
    Free Member

Nice … got bontrager blendr stems on all 3 of my bikes for “tidy” light/computer installs

robbo1234biking

I started doing some TTs this year as well so looking forward to doing some on the bike next year. Im not going to beat the fast riders on TT bikes but it is good to try and better yourself.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.