Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • NBD: Ritchey Ultra 50th, YT Capra Core 3, Canyon Grizl CF SL 7…
  • Ben_Haworth

Cube ebikes with Bosch ABS, 5Dev chainrings and SQlab Innerbarends. They’re all featured in this week’s handy roundup of the most interesting New Stuff That’s Come Out.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

NBD: Ritchey Ultra 50th, YT Capra Core 3, Canyon Grizl CF SL 7…

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

tthew

Nice bike hattrick this week. That’s a first I think.

charliedontsurf

Does the Ritchey need a blue front hub and read rear? too much?

I met Tom once. At Eurobike, about 10am. I had just spent 3 days getting there on a motorcycle on backroads and went to the bar on the Bum Butter distributor trade stand, and asked for a beer. The nice lady said that it was too early for a beer. Then Tom sits beside me, “Beer please”, and gets a beer, no questions or german parental concern.

“Wow… hold on… we have the same distributor, and I have a bottle of water!”. Tom says “Give this man a beer”. I get a beer. Nice guy.

IHN

As a Ritchey owner (Road Logic), and lover of the Ritchey ‘aesthetic’ for many, many years, I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but…

That Ritchey is gopping.

With that fork that doesn’t quite match, the horribly bling chainset and the balloon tyres it’s already too much.

When you look at a Ritchey you should think “whippet”. I look at that and think “St Bernard with a diamante collar”

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’d still have that Richie though…

matt_outandabout

I thought that too.

However, the fork is the wrong colour.

That said, a bike that would be brilliant to own.

I like bright bike colours.

fahzure

Hey, Tom, the ’90s called. They want their geometry back.

IHN

I like bright bike colours.

Me too, and to be fair it’s probably just that build I’m not mad on, the frame itself is pretty lovely to look at.

However…

Hey, Tom, the ’90s called. They want their geometry back.

There is this.

jp-t853

I would happily have that Ritchey but then sometimes I think I am stuck in the 90’s. It is difficult to see anything but the chainset and forks though.

I do like inner bar ends but I don’t want them on an xc bike all of the time. I would only get those if they were hinged to make fitting quick and easy.

LAT

Tom says “Give this man a beer”. I get a beer. Nice guy.

now that is a cool story!

there were a couple of good articles on Tom Ritchey on The Radavist the end it last year. worth a read.

augustuswindsock

Inner bar ends? – if that had been posted in a couple of weeks time I would have had a chuckle at a truly inspired April fool gag!!

letmetalktomark

I have a Ritchey Commando (fat bike) in 29+ guise.

My modern standards it is tall, short and steep.

It is an absolute dream to ride though.

I’d be very interested in an Ultra albeit in a more muted (read retro) colour selection on the components – silver Thomson, Middleburn crankset black rims and hubs with silver spokes and some proper skinwalls.

IHN

I’d be very interested in an Ultra albeit in a more muted (read retro) colour selection on the components – silver Thomson, Middleburn crankset black rims and hubs with silver spokes and some proper skinwalls.

Now we’re talking

jimdubleyou

I’ve got a Grizl. Don’t think I’d have bought it in those colours though…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.