Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • NBD…gravelly thing.
  • happybiker
    Free Member

After about 4 months my Scott Addict #gravel finally turned up today. I have only ridden it about 3 miles to do a quick errand across town, but so far it seems great. Managed to convert the tyres to tubeless and remove all the reflectors, and that’s about it for now.

I’ve got some Light Bicycle WR wheels on the way which I’ll fit some 30mm One’s for the majority of my riding which will be on the road and keep the stock wheelset for adventures off road.

martymac

That looks bloody nice.

rOcKeTdOg

just wait until you get the labour bill to swap those headset bearings!
    the joy of “aero is everything”

great bike otherwise though

happybiker
    Free Member

Thanks, I’m really happy with it.

just wait until you get the labour bill to swap those headset bearings!
    the joy of “aero is everything

Well I hope it’s not so bad that I have to pay someone to fix it, I haven’t used a bike shop to fix my bikes for about 20 years. From memory when I was looking into it before I ordered, if you don’t have the silly one piece bar and stem it’s like a regular headset with spacers that split so no need to worry about cables and hoses.

One annoying thing is you’re meant to use the Syncros mudguards because of the seat stay mounts (there’s no bridge), they’re double the price of SKS and hard to get so I may have to cobble something together and fit some Bluemels.

matt_outandabout

Nice gweeeeeeeen.

shermer75
    Free Member

Loving the understated graphics

kingofthetoys

Nice! 👌🏻

ElShalimo

7 posts and nobody has mentioned the state of the garden….

sixtoes

Very nice!

you’re meant to use the Syncros mudguards

SKS Raceblade Pro XL would probably fit.

happybiker
    Free Member

My actual garden has more moss and less river’s flowing through it.

rOcKeTdOg

if you don’t have the silly one piece bar and stem it’s like a regular headset with spacers that split so no need to worry about cables and hoses.

It’s more that the cables and hoses go through the headset bearing so at some point you are going to have to disconnect and then bleed etc

happybiker
    Free Member

It’s more that the cables and hoses go through the headset bearing so at some point you are going to have to disconnect and then bleed etc

You’re quite right, just watched a video showing that. I might pull it apart and add some extra grease to the bearings.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Very nice!

p7eaven
    Free Member

the majority of my riding which will be on the road

Needs moar reflectorz

hooli

I like that a lot, very understated.

One annoying thing is you’re meant to use the Syncros mudguards because of the seat stay mounts (there’s no bridge), they’re double the price of SKS and hard to get so I may have to cobble something together and fit some Bluemels.

Unless I am misunderstanding, SKS come with a little plastic bracket that clips onto the downtube to replace the bridge.

happybiker
    Free Member

Unless I am misunderstanding, SKS come with a little plastic bracket that clips onto the downtube to replace the bridge.

Do you mean the seat stays? I actually have one of those plastic things left over from the last SKS Bluemels I had and it definitely needs another central mounting point like a traditional brake mount would provide. I’ll see what I can come up with when my new guards arrive.

matt_outandabout

Sounds like a 3d printer or Sugru solution….

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s a good-looking bike – although I’m getting cognitive dissonance from the aero frame and hidden cables, but then it’s a gravel bike.

Does it go as fast as it looks?

happybiker
    Free Member

Does it go as fast as it looks?

Hard to tell as the last road bike I had was a CAAD12 with 25mm tyres, which certainly felt fast to me. Once I fit some road tyres I’ll be able to compare it.

rhayter

That’s a really, really nice looking machine. One of those “looks fast when it isn’t moving” bikes.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘NBD…gravelly thing.’ is closed to new replies.