Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • NBD: Deviate Highlander II, Pivot Mach 4 SL, Polygon Siskiu TE E-MTB…
  • Ben_Haworth

… new Manitou Mattoc, Manitou J-Unit youth fork, very yellöw Öhlins Factory parts, Radical Bicycle Co. Chilli Dog updates and THAT commuter helmet. …

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

NBD: Deviate Highlander II, Pivot Mach 4 SL, Polygon Siskiu TE E-MTB…

weeksy

That Pivot looks AWESOME … But £4100 frame only !!!! Jeepers !

willard

I’d have to agree with that, it’s a lovely looking bike, but that’s a steep, steep price for a frame. Actually, I like the Highlander II as well, even though I thought that there could be only one…

Bad joke aside, both those bikes look lovely. The lines flow, the proportions look good and I would cheerfully ride either one, but I think there is a hair’s width preference to the Pivot, purely because the seat tube angle and the shock mount.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    StirlingCrispin

Willard – The Pivot and Highlander II are completely different bikes !

The Highlander II looks stunning in real life and the cable gutters / non-internal cables and grease ports should be compulsory on all bikes.

willard

STOP!!! I don’t need a new bike! I am happy with the Stumpy. I am happy with the Stumpy.

tomhoward

The Highlander II looks stunning in real life and the cable gutters / non-internal cables and grease ports should be compulsory on all bikes.

the rear triangle on the HL2 is internally routed, weirdly.

weeksy

quite a few companies do that, which i find absolutely bizarre. Why route all the bits external apart from rear triangles..

tomhoward

Even weirder is the HL1 is full external brake hose routing, not sure why that needed to change tbh…

honourablegeorge

Maybe sharing a triangle with the Claymore? Agree it’s daft to get it right except for that bit. And brakes are the worst thing to route internally, could live with gears

a11y

Maybe sharing a triangle with the Claymore?

Bingo – it is indeed the same rear triangle. Different linkage and front obviously. Still doesn’t fully explain their choice to go internal with the rear triangles when the hidden external routing on the front triangles is so well executed.

I’m not a fan of the new decal colour on the blue Highlander 2 but other than that it’s a great looking bike in person. I’m still rather jealous of how Mrs a11y’s original Highlander looks – rather opposite to my Nicolai/Geometron, but I think they both look great.

tomhoward

Also sort of explains the lack of UDH.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.