Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Navigation
  • aldo69
    Free Member

Hi guys trying to use a old android phone for off road navigation, struggling a bit, what’s the best app ? Cheers Pete

jambalaya
    Free Member

A paper map is the best way to navigate.

You could add a simple app with mapping like Endomondo, I found this useful as it has some level of road/town details plus you can see your relative position vs your track (so useful for loops for example). You can also download Apps like MotionX into which you can put Way Points for key points on the route. I don’t use any apps for loading routes into and following them so I cannot comment on that.

PaulB
    Free Member

Memory Map and MM Tracker does it all on android.

aldo69
    Free Member

Thanks. I will try that. Cheers pete

MSP

A paper map is the best way to navigate.

LOL maybe in you day grandad, technology makes navigation so much easier now.

andywill

Back Country Navigator works well & you can download as much mapping as you need for free.

druidh
    Free Member

The important thing is to know how to use a map – regardless of whether that’s on paper or on an LCD screen.

aldo69
    Free Member

Relax chaps, I can use a map and compass and do carry them when I need too, the other half has upgraded to a new i phone,that means I have her old lg phone to play with, I have managed to get the memory map to install so thanks for the replies and for showing concern. Cheers pete.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Navigation’ is closed to new replies.