Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Navara/Pathfinder owners
  • karlsbug
    Free Member

So, in addition to the chocolate timing chains and ickle biddy clutches these trucks are rotting faster than a 1970’s Datsun in a bath of salty battery acid. Unfortunately for me, I have a Pathfinder….

Snap!

windyg
    Free Member

It’s been known as an issue for sometime now, Nissan have been dealing with it.
    There is also the rusting roof issue, its the one panel that isn’t galvanized, Nissan did repair mine.

karlsbug
    Free Member

Yep, they have been buying back the affected ones, mine passed the inspection last year but ‘internal and external chassis corrosion’ was an advisory on the MOT this week. Its becoming a bigger issue and has been in the national press (The Sun…) this week. I suspect mine will fail at some point but I tow a horse trailer so I’m keeping an eye on it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    windyg
    Free Member

I have checked mine and it seems solid. I’m selling it anyway as no longer used, in a way it would have been less hassle if the chassis had gone and Nissan bought it back saves the pain of selling it.
    Mine to be fair has been pretty good it’s a 2008 with 90k done, other than the roof only needed new ball joints, front and rear propshaft UJ’s and a new SCV and front brake discs, all those are wear and tear anyway.

flatfish
    Free Member

I’ve got an 06 navara with 146k on the clock.
    I’m awaiting an assessor to inspect it but from what I’ve seen it doesn’t look good.
    Hopefully I’ll get a sensible payout.

hebridean
    Free Member

I had a 57 plate Navara that Nissan bought back. All Navaras from 2005 to 2015 in the UK were built in Spain and the chassis were not properly treated. This has resulted in the box sections rusting from the inside out so it’s difficult to spot the problems until the holes begin appearing.

Nissan were very fair with me but if mine had not failed an inspection I would have been left with a truck that would have been difficult to sell on as more people become aware of the problem.

If anyone has a Navara or Pathfinder I can recommend having a look at a facebook page called Nissan Navara Snapped Chassis group. You might have to trawl through a lot of stuff to fund it but there are useful bits of advice on there about how to deal with Nissan customer services.

failedengineer

I’ve got one coming on March 1st. I’m assuming that the problem’s been fixed on tlatest model …..

nickc

Are these the trucks that have those wildly over masculine names on the back that sound like condom brands? Warrior, Ninja, Trojan, Small Penis… That sort of thing?

😆

andermt
    Free Member

nickc – Member
    Are these the trucks that have those wildly over masculine names on the back that sound like condom brands? Warrior, Ninja, Trojan, Small Penis… That sort of thing?

No, those are the Mitsubishi’s.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Im guessing you drive either a Toyota Smug or a Honda Judgemental?

nickc

God no, I drive a BMW, had to sign the form that allowed them to disable the indicators, and agreed that I wouldn’t be let out at junctions. It came with a option for a sweater to be tied over my shoulders, but I turned it down and opted for the “your car to be keyed at an interval of no greater then 1 year”

😆

Nico
    Free Member

God no, I drive a BMW, had to sign the form that allowed them to disable the indicators, and agreed that I wouldn’t be let out at junctions. It came with a option for a sweater to be tied over my shoulders, but I turned it down and opted for the “your car to be keyed at an interval of no greater then 1 year”

I know you don’t really have a beemer, because if you did you’d just refer to it by the inner secret code name – P45 or UB40 or something.

nickc

ah damn, blown my cover…you mean the way that they sound like military aircraft (F20, etc)

better or worse than condom branding, do we think? 😆

flatfish
    Free Member

Well mine was inspected yesterday and it’s borderline according to the inspector.
    He reckons it’ll fail it’s next mot and he said he wouldn’t take it on the motorway or drive his grandchildren in it so I’m guessing it’s on the side of fail.
    Awaiting a call from Nissan early in the the next week.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Navara/Pathfinder owners’ is closed to new replies.