• This topic has 41 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DanW.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Navara Drivers…!!
  • stur
    Free Member

Ok first of all I’m not talking beat up Navara’s stitched together with bailer twine, that are driver by red faced gout ridden farmers. I’m talking about black Navara’s with blacked out windows, more chrome than a 80’s nightclub, driven by knobs in their mid to late 40s who are fat but think their cage fighters, sporting Mauri tattoos, wrap around Oakley copies, a Malaga tan & judging by the way they look… a suppressed homosexuality. Beware, these are the new kings of the road. Subaru drivers have nowt on these legends.

scaredypants

gerrout my way, puny cyclist

Assault weapon of choice round my way – mostly driven by frizzy-haired housewives with yappy dogs:

zelak999
    Free Member

Jeez that’s some rant for this time of day!!
    What’s the story OP?

PiknMix
    Free Member

Poor rant effort though 😉

wl
    Free Member

stur – +1 and thanks, made me laugh. Superb caricaturing.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

My 50odd year old mother drives a fully pimped black Navara, as far as I know she’s never done any cage fighting or been to Malaga and occasionally gives lifts to at least one cyclist.

She also has a pimped Scooby WRX STI, it’s like she’s the cycling anti-christ!

tazzymtb

Lolz…I drive a big blacked navara…not in my 40’s, not fat..do have big tattoos…may have been involved in competition fights, ooooo and I quite like men si no repressed urges there. Slow boring trucks and about as sophisticated as a mullet wearing redneck…but it’s as cheap as chips as a company vehicle, can easily take five riders, bikes and weekends riding kit and about 3/4 of a tonne of work equipment in it. Driving it I may just about make king of “driving like miss daisy” . What’s up op? Have you had a bad day?

ivantate
    Free Member

Atleast the 2.5s destroy their engines every 80k. Its some consolation for the rest of us.

tazzymtb

Oh and mechanically they are dreadful. .anyone that actual buys one with their own money needs help and time in a small padded room in a special huggy jacket

flatfish
    Free Member

I’ve just passed 105k in mine so that blows that argument out the water.
    I’ve tattoos
    I’ve got oakleys
    I’ve been to Malaga.
    Don’t think I’m gay.
    But I’m not in my forties. Just.

What’s the point in the post?

Speshpaul

you do see a lot of them being driven in a “i’ve NOT got issues” kind of way.

rocketman
    Free Member

driven by knobs in their mid to late 40s who are fat but think their cage fighters, sporting Mauri tattoos, wrap around Oakley copies, a Malaga tan

Admittedly that’s a sweeping generalisation but we have someone here at work who fits that stereotype perfectly.

Also short and loud and goes ‘training’ – training to eat pies lol

chainslapp
    Free Member

You see all makes and models driven in an “i’ve NOT got issues” kind of way too. Its the way of the world. No one gives a **** about anyone else anymore. 👿

marcus
    Free Member

Poor mans Range Rover Sport

stur
    Free Member

Its not really a rant. I’ve come very close to getting mashed by black Navaras on numerous occasions, recently (even on a trail centre carpark, by some tit acting all gin & tonic supersonic, infront of his office buddies) At first I thought I was the target of some midlife crisis hit man, but then I realised these were different blokes who all looked alarmingly the same. So i figured it was my civic duty to warn others that we have a new chav craze on our hands.

Speshpaul

You see all makes and models of crew cab pick up driven in an “i’ve NOT got issues” kind of way too

😆

2tyred

I saw a similar vehicle the other day called a ‘Barbarian’. What kind of person – farmers etc aside – thinks “yeah, that’s the car for me, a Barbarian”?

Barbarian. FFS.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Someone with a tiny penis.

tazzymtb

How the hell is a primitive leaf sprung slow farm vehicle with some shiny tat on it a “poor mans range rover sport” thats like saying a trabant is a poor mans Ferrari 😀

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

These are the worst things on the road at the moment

My Navara is white so I don’t qualify.

No tats, belly, fakeleys, much of a tan and never been to Malaga.

I’m in my 40’s though and it has a little bit of chrome.

Oh, yeah – and I’m a total knob 🙂

marcus
    Free Member

Taz – It was more drawing comparisons between the ‘image’ the owners / drivers like to try and portray, rather than any mechaninal similararities. And besides a RRS is just a discovery with some bling attached

chakaping
    Free Member

You forgot the shaved heads, otherwise spot on!

They must be a nightmare for gym owners, you’d probably only get three or four in the car park of the average industrial estate-based ‘roid rage emporium.

geoffj
    tazzymtb

Ooooo there are some mighty chips on shoulders from the passive agressive bullied at school IT nerds

I have a shaved head and go to the gym.

Getting closer

johnellison
    Free Member

Oooh Nissan Navara – so badly engineered that Euro NCAP refused to give them a safety rating… 😯

cookeaa

stur – Member
    Ok first of all I’m not talking beat up Navara’s stitched together with bailer twine, that are driver by red faced gout ridden farmers. I’m talking about black Navara’s with blacked out windows, more chrome than a 80’s nightclub, driven by knobs in their mid to late 40s who are fat but think their cage fighters, sporting Mauri tattoos, wrap around Oakley copies, a Malaga tan & judging by the way they look… a suppressed homosexuality. Beware, these are the new kings of the road. Subaru drivers have nowt on these legends.

Thing is OP I recognise exactly what your on about…

I’d even broaden it a little bit, Navara, Shiney new HiLux or an L200, mostly in Black with Chromed roll-bar / bull bars, maybe some pointless extra spot lights, often with one of those magnetic sign jobbies displaying the logo and phone number for their shitty Gardening/Lanscaping/Building services/HVAC/Fishing Tackle business…

I believe they normally buy their faux by four, Japanese built, wannabe redneck, pickup ego waggon as an auto to keep a hand free as they are always on their sodding phones!!!

Hot tip fellas, This is not a proper pick up truck:

THIS is a pickup truck:

DanW
    Free Member

Seems fine if you are a three year old passenger though so it’s not all bad news 😀

unklehomered
    Free Member

You see all makes and models driven in an “i’ve NOT got issues” kind of way too.

think you’re right, thing is these are very big vehicles, so amplify the dickishness when driven dickishly. I know a guy with one who totally confounds the stereotype, and is a nice bloke. Think he may even be on here. However I do have, as default, the same opinion of them as the OP. Mainly I think they are just too big.

Don’t scare me as much as a white range rover vogue though. The Vogue, for when Sport just isn’t twatty enough.

retro83
    Free Member

These are my local annoyance. Usually seen overtaking cyclists on blind corners being driven by bleach blonde mum in a hurry to make chucking out time at school to pick up little Tabitha.

They’re needlessly oversized crotchfruit transporter wagons, but it’s all good because they’re hybrid

scud
    Free Member

You know what they say:

“Powered by Fairydust, driven by Jabba the Hut”!

core

I live in rural Herefordshire, the roads are littered with crew cab pick ups, the farmers, builders & associated workers – fair play.

But soooo many of them are just status symbols for morons who earn just about enough to afford the repayments on the hp, only ever drive them on tarmac and never use the tow hitch.

Personally, it’s the perfect choice of vehicle for me, I travel around building sites, live on a farm, have a rally car to transport, would be ideal for the bikes etc etc, but I’m not going to have one simply because every man and his sodding dog around here has one and I don’t want to become another chinless t**t cruising round like the mac-daddy.

Plus Nissan’s are shit, the Mitsubishi’s look horrendous, and they’re just too dear really, they’re neither car nor proper truck, they’re the worst of both worlds, not the perfect compromise.

Perhaps Nissan should bring out a Navara 650b…………

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I know a guy with one who totally confounds the stereotype, and is a nice bloke. Think he may even be on here.

That’ll be me, I bought one for towing and launching a 2000kg boat and trailer, it’s a very rocky beach so we need to reverse the trailer 30ft+ into the water and thus need the ground clearance of a 4×4.
    The only bit I recognise above is mine is black and I’m 40’s, I’ve even still got a nice head of hair. As far as bling, mine has some black plastic thing on the bonnet which came with the vehicle, not sure what it’s there for tbh.
    I’m aware of the stereotype and I know quite a few people who also confound it. However, passed a bloke yesterday in a L200 who ticked every one of the above boxes. For me, it’s probably just made me a bit more self concious and doubley considerate to other road users (I am anyway).
    Edit: mine’s 100% paid for in cash btw, they’re reasonably cheap 2nd hand.

Gary_M
    Free Member

who are fat but think their cage fighters

But may know the difference between ‘their’ and ‘they’re’.

prawny

This is a bit dissapointing, I quite like Navaras.

What homo erotic penis compensator is the most reliable/best value for money

scruff
    Free Member

Utter knobs. Grrr, MMA expert coming through !

Theres also one called a Raging Bull and probably other with even more outward aggression than names given to caravans.

slimsi
    Free Member

I am in my 20’s, not gay and have Dark grey L200 with blacked out windows and off road tyres..one of the best cars I have ever owned – no one gets in your way including the worst of all drivers who currently seem to drive Audi’s!

New shape L200 is extremely reliable from my experience

Houns

stur – Member
    Its not really a rant. I’ve come very close to getting mashed by black Navaras on numerous occasions, recently (even on a trail centre carpark, by some tit acting all gin & tonic supersonic, infront of his office buddies) At first I thought I was the target of some midlife crisis hit man, but then I realised these were different blokes who all looked alarmingly the same. So i figured it was my civic duty to warn others that we have a new chav craze on our hands.

New Chav craze?! I’ve been calling them Chavara’s for years. Black, white or silver, doesn’t matter they’re all driven by nethanderal knuckle draggers who call their scummy offspring Kai or Aiden. Oh you forgot to mention that they normally wear sports directs finest, white Adidas 3/4 shorts and Lonsdale t shirt, maybe superdry or a football shirt if they are dressing smart

T@ts

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Navara Drivers…!!’ is closed to new replies.