• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by GEDA.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Naughty Northumbrian Preview with Brendog
  • identitizombie

Coming up this bank holiday weekend is the Naughty Northumbrian, a six-stage enduro event. Riding and not sure what to expect? Thinking of checking th …

By identitizombie

Get the full story on our front page at:

Naughty Northumbrian Preview with Brendog

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

augustuswindsock

Cracking clip, and yes, the narration absolutely makes it (I suspect if you’re from Surrey you may need it subtitled😀)
    The event wasn’t on my radar, but it is now, especially if the weather’s going to be like that in Northumberland 😎

funkrodent

Rode in it a couple of years back. I was, I regret to say, one of the nearly 50% that didn’t get beyond practice. In truth a chronic lack of fitness and not much time on the bike. It is long and hard and not tolerant of either. I’ve completed ard rock and imho this is harder. What a great event though and an amazing location. I aim to return next year fit and fettled with enough proper riding under my belt to try and do it justice..

ThruntonThrasher

850 is more people on the trails than I have seen riding in this part of Northumberland over the course of 30+ years. I know it is good for the local tourist economy but I’m sad that this event has landed in the last wilderness area in England.

Drac

I think it’s ace that it’s finally being recognised for what it has to offer.

GEDA
    Free Member

It not really a wilderness. It’s a big conifer plantation and hills that have been stripped of vegetation by sheep and cows. Then there are the army ranges so you often meet teenagers with guns, live firing and low flying jets. I love it though.

ThruntonThrasher

Well done geda on completely misrepresenting the region.

GEDA
    Free Member

The landscape of upper coquetdale is pretty diverse. But I would be interested to know where I am going wrong with my description of Kidland. Oh yes they have harvested a lot of the conifers in the past few years.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Naughty Northumbrian Preview with Brendog’ is closed to new replies.