Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Nationalist Celebrations….
  • boblo
    Free Member

Wimbledon? Saltire you say? Didn’t know seating arrangements you say?

Alex Salmond is a disingenuous, slippery shit.

God help our very Northern friends if ever there is a ‘yes’ vote with that odious man around.

Discuss.

richmtb

Seems a bit vitriolic for a Monday morning

Anyway, he is the Scottish First Minister watching a Scotsman win Wimbledon.

Waving a Saltire with a big grin on his face was to be expected.

bencooper
    Free Member

Since when is waving the flag of the country of the bloke who won such a big problem?

Cameron was politicising it at least as much…

RustySpanner

Can we not just innocently enjoy it for a bit longer first?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kettle’s boiled, for the tea drinkers. There’s fresh coffee made, and a selection of biccies just over there.

This can only go well, I feel.

epicyclo

Aye, the prospect of the Scots having democracy is perturbing a few southern minds.

richmtb

gonefishin
    Free Member

True, but he is probably the most able politician in the UK at the moment.

wwaswas

a disingenuous, slippery shit.

surely this is the very definition of what you have to be to succeed in politics?

boblo
    Free Member

@ gonefishin agreed if the unit of measure is slippery shittedness… 🙂 he does run rings round the hooray inbreds however…

If he’d just said he was pleased for Andy and was celebrating, that would be both fine and understood. But….

Pigface
    Free Member

Thought this would be about Orange marches and the like, it is the season for sillyness in N.I.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

In addition to providing a brilliant championship, the AELTC even provide the added entertainment of Cameron and Salmond sitting together. The various images were brilliant and for the archives! Salmond showed so much about himself…

matt_outandabout

King Murray 1st of Scotland, FTW. 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Scottish politician in promoting Scottish person winning shocker

What a surprise and yes the very definition of odious obviously

However I am sure the warm feelings and love,respect an affection of their neighbours will help persuade them to stay- keep up the good work OP in persuading them to stay – bit more scorn should do the trick

brakes
    Free Member

richmtb – Member

+1,000,000

mt
    Free Member

True, but he is probably the most able politician in the UK at the moment.

Very much agree. Can’t wait to see what happens after the vote.

boblo
    Free Member

Personally, I couldn’t give a toss either way, it’s not my role to persuade anybody. My post is limited to slippery shits and their behaviour.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

He can sit where he likes and wave whatever flag he likes, can’t say i though it was anything other than a bit amusing.

Northwind

God forbid that scottish people should celebrate a scottish person being succesful.

Why not just call the thread “I don’t like Alex Salmond”?

mogrim

So if I understand it correctly we have a British politician supporting Murray cos he’s a Brit, and a Scottish politician supporting him too as he’s a Scot. And this is somehow a problem? 😕

boblo
    Free Member

Point->missed

No it’s about the mealy mouthed post prank excuses. I’d he’d just be honest and say he was celebrating the victory, everyone would actually agree with him.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Personally, I couldn’t give a toss either way

Any other issues you dont care about that you intend to start a thread on and engage in the debate?

Coyote
    Free Member

If there a reference point to all this? Serious question.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Isn’t all sport nationalistic with facistic undertones? “Look, our genetics are superior to yours!”

wwaswas

glen miller band seemed happy;

project
    Free Member

Can’t wait to see what happens after the vote.

Toys out of prams by them all as they realise they lost and nobody in englandshire or wales basicly gave a toss for the devolution of scotland.

brakes
    Free Member

I think not giving a toss is an argument as valid as any other.
    The whole politicising and nationalising of Murray’s glorious win takes the sheen off the whole thing.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think not giving a toss is an argument as valid as any other.

True but my method of showing i dont give a toss is not to start a thread on the subject, partake in the thread and then say I dont give a toss.
    Its hard to argue you dont care when you do all that

Cameron praised Murray on behalf of all Brits and Salmon on behalf of scots
    now one is leader of the brits and one the leader of the Scots

The only difference I can see is one had a flag and one did not=- Dave probably thought it a bit common tbh

Getting worked up by this shows a fair disrespect for your cousins a Scottish man won Wimbledon so lets enjoy that
    You can be sure it would have been mentioned had he been English 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

That photo (which is brilliant in so many ways) needs a caption or two.

So the STW comic geniuses – lets see what you have got. I have 2 hours or so on the motorway now but look forward to the answers at the end of it!

AS to DC, “Did you hear the one about….”

boblo
    Free Member

I absolutely do not disrespect the Scots. I do not respect Mr Salmond. My post is about his specific behaviour (and its implications for those subjected to it).

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

one had a flag and one did not

…one followed the rules of the AELTC and one did not!!! 😉

Northwind

brakes – Member

The whole politicising and nationalising of Murray’s glorious win takes the sheen off the whole thing.

What the… It’s only “nationalising” that makes everyone so excited about it in the first place! People aren’t excited because some random won wimbledon, they’re excited because a british person won. If he was french, it’d be interesting but you’d not be talking about his “glorious win”.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Personally, I couldn’t give a toss either way, it’s not my role to persuade anybody.

no, obviously not

God help our very Northern friends if ever there is a ‘yes’ vote

condescending little ****.

boblo
    Free Member

Salmond fanboi by any chance…? Caught in the act.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

Why not just call the thread “I don’t like Alex Salmond”?

I almost did, just as a joke like, referencing this thread, but apparently according to Cougar Ageing Female Sexfiend, it’s “trolling”… 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

Salmond fanboi by any chance…?

Obvious troll is obvious?

boblo
    Free Member

No, not trolling. Just responding to being called condescending.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m fairly sensitive to these UK/national issues, but not this time. Plenty of union flags about, and a few other scottish references too. Who cares? Who was it in the Olympics that managed to find a Welsh flag for a victory lap?

epicyclo

boblo – Member
    Salmond fanboi by any chance…? Caught in the act.

Bitter Together’s Project Fear has already exhausted the scorn attacks – they don’t work. They fail to recognise it’s not support for Salmond that’s driving the movement but a desire for democracy.

Anyhow, I think it’s sad the British Prime Minister didn’t show his support for a British winner by waving the Union Flag.

Judging by the pics above, Mr Milliband is also disgusted about Cameron’s lack of enthusiastic support… 😆

Cougar

Aw Woppy. I’m flattered, but you’re not my type; sorry to disappoint you.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Nationalist Celebrations….’ is closed to new replies.